• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Kaiterra

Banned
Anyone watching Preacher?

It has elements I like, but I'm not sure how I feel about the whole. Cassidy is fucking awesome though and is probably going to keep me watching.

Ahh it's so friggin' good. Cassidy is is a hoot and I like what they've done with Tulip. I think there's potential to outdo the comics for sure.

Ithil

AJ's been a real shining example of a guy who refuses to eat dirt when it's served to him over the last few years. From the pay cut in TNA and lowball WWE offer, he said fuck them and went and became a star in New Japan instead, to the point that he kept his name and got a big offer from WWE, now he's already become a way bigger star than they intended after only a few months.

CllZcAVWkAAaWYL.jpg

I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool!!!
When I first heard this, it was in Smackdown vs Raw 2006, and I hadn't started watching wrestling yet. I thought he was saying "I spit in the face of people who don't want to be poor". Didn't make a lick of sense until I started watching Raw.

Way to shit on pr man.
I'm sorry it came out that way. When I don't hear something clearly in a song or something, I make up these weird replacements in my head without thinking about it. In this case, I thought it was some heel thing that he didn't like people who were less privileged than him, and if those people tried to raise their social or economic status, he would spit in their face.

...Yes, I have mental problems.

dream

As negative as I am about professional wrestling, I will mark the fuck out when Carlito Caribbean Cool makes his return, and it will usher in a new era of positivity from dream.

I'm sorry it came out that way. When I don't hear something clearly in a song or something, I make up these weird replacements in my head without thinking about it. In this case, I thought it was some heel thing that he didn't like people who were less privileged than him, and if those people tried to raise their social or economic status, he would spit in their face.

...Yes, I have mental problems.
Hey yo chico, welcome to my posts lol. Don't take them close to heart.

I thought AJ's last match was against EC3, but it was actually Magnus. Who the fuck is Magnus?

Magnus is a pretty good wrestler who unfortunately seems to only get booked by TNA/Jeff Jarrett. I think they found him on a UK Gladiators show. The match was pretty much AJ vs Magnus in name only as 1/3 through it turned into him and Sting against the whole heel roster.

I don't know if I'd want #Broken Matt Hardy back in WWE. Look at Buh Buh Ray Dudley. He got a lot of praise for his Bully Ray gimmick and then didn't use it in WWE. I just want what's ever best for #Broken Matt Hardy. Whether that's TNA, Lucha Underground, or OMEGA.

Tanahashi really, really likes AJ.

Hiroshi Tanahashi really put over A.J. Styles on the New Japan World Pro Wrestling Returns show that aired on 6/17. They showed his match from last August at the G-1 tournament, which from a structural standpoint was an absolutely incredible match, very reminiscent of the Misawa vs. Jumbo Tsuruta first great singles match in that regard, and in some ways even better. I know a few wrestlers who were there live at the show watching who texted and e-mailed me after that it was the best match they’d ever seen live. Tanahashi in looking back said that during his entire career, he always felt that his 2007 match with Hirooki Goto was his best match (that match was unbelievably good), but that the Styles match surpassed it (Styles has said the same thing). He said Styles was the best wrestler there has ever been and said they have similar concepts on wrestling and after a match they had in 2008 at Sumo Hall, he called him a genius, and said almost teary eyed he talked about wanting to face him again.

AJ's been a real shining example of a guy who refuses to eat dirt when it's served to him over the last few years. From the pay cut in TNA and lowball WWE offer, he said fuck them and went and became a star in New Japan instead, to the point that he kept his name and got a big offer from WWE, now he's already become a way bigger star than they intended after only a few months.

It is heartening to see at least there's one wrestler out there that's almost universally seen as one of the best in the world, especially in this community. It's actually quite astounding.

Alright someone here has to not like AJ Styles. Show yourself and state your case!

That Bliss/Carmella was good work by both women. Carmella in particular is much better in promos than most of the women on the roster. But really they both can be stars if they are booked correctly.

It is heartening to see at least there's one wrestler out there that's almost universally seen as one of the best in the world, especially in this community. It's actually quite astounding.

Alright someone here has to not like AJ Styles. Show yourself and state your case!

Even with my GAFrep of being Mr. Negative, I can't find anything I dislike about Styes, aside from his stupid haircut.

Toki767

Aside from his never ending feud with Jericho (and I blame the matches not being great on Jericho, not Styles), he's pretty much delivered and stolen the show in all of his WWE PPV matches so far.

I've always been open about my feelings about Styles, and will elaborate in full detail here:

There's a reason I always call him Styles, because AJ Lee is the only one deserving of me saying AJ.

He's a great wrestler and absolutely one of the best in the world at it. I can acknowledge that.

He's also a ridiculous homophobe and, as a gay wrestling fan, I cannot support that or him. Fuck Styles.

XenoRaven

I've always been open about my feelings about Styles, and will elaborate in full detail here:

There's a reason I always call him Styles, because AJ Lee is the only one deserving of me saying AJ.

He's a great wrestler and absolutely one of the best in the world at it. I can acknowledge that.

He's also a ridiculous homophobe and, as a gay wrestling fan, I cannot support that or him. Fuck Styles.
Is there some other evidence other than "the gay community" comment?

Is there some other evidence other than "the gay community" comment?

A certain homophobic slur was the only curse word he regularly used, a fact he admitted himself in a shoot, and him using it is on display on numerous indy matches/segments (going forward as recently as 2 years ago) and an infamous Early TNA segment where he broke into the SEX locker room with a prop chainsaw and ad-libbed it on camera. It was by no means a one time thing, and it was by no means accidental.

XenoRaven

A certain homophobic slur was the only curse word he regularly used, a fact he admitted himself in a shoot, and him using it is on display on numerous indy matches/segments (going forward as recently as 2 years ago) and an infamous Early TNA segment where he broke into the SEX locker room with a prop chainsaw and ad-libbed it on camera. It was by no means a one time thing, and it was by no means accidental.
Ah. I hadn't heard of any prior incidents with him.

Top Bottom