• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

TheRook

Continuing this theme, who's your favourite fictional video game pro wrestler, GAF?

It's a tie between AKI Man or Wolf Hawkfield first me.
El Blaze, Scorpion and Black Widow(ring of destruction),Ramon(king of fighters), La Mariposa(DOA), Jaycee/Julia(Tekken), Poison(Streetfighter/FinalFight).

So I'm working on a little project, I'm trying to compile a list of female characters in games(starting with fighters) that use a Frankensteiner or Hurricanrana as a move/attack. Not sure if there is a thread already for this sort of thing so I'd ask first.

El Blaze, Scorpion and Black Widow(ring of destruction),Ramon(king of fighters), La Mariposa(DOA), Jaycee/Julia(Tekken), Poison(Streetfighter/FinalFight).

So I'm working on a little project, I'm trying to compile a list of female characters in games(starting with fighters) that use a Frankensteiner or Hurricanrana as a move/attack. Not sure if there is a thread already for this sort of thing so I'd ask first.
Sonya Blade?

UberTag

http://www.wwe.com/polls/which-wwe-superstar-would-be-your-first-draft-pick?sf27623341=1

tumblr_inline_o84e1luKoQ1t1n3a4_540.jpg
Regardless of how you feel about any of this talent in 2016, it's hard to argue against Rollins as the #1 draft pick. He's the youngest out of everyone in this list. He's versatile. He's got a great look. He's incredibly talented and adept on the mic with the proper booking.

I think Owens is better "right now" but Rollins would still be my top pick of I was building a roster from WWE-signed talent. (I'd have other names at the top of my list if I was looking outside of the company, however.)

DMczaf

Seriously, the Seth Rollins 24/7 is fucking great.

Then you realize they used his 6 months of rehab to put Roman over...

Bwahahahaha! Buckle up Blue, it's gonna be one hell of a ride!
I'm excited to see the invasion play out as an adult to actually see the faults that have been pointed out. I didn't notice anything the first go around so we'll see how my opinion changes.

TheRook

Sonya Blade?
Well I'll make a list of what I have so far, just fighting games for this list.
2D/2.5D.
Street Fighter: Cammy(Dolls), Poison, Pullum Purna(EX), Hokuto/Nanase(EX), R.Mika.
King of Fighters: Mai Shirainui(99-03'), Shermie, Momoko, Luong.
Mortal Kombat: Sonya, Kitana(UMK3)
BlazBlue: Noel, Bullet.
Melty Blood/UNiB: Sion/Eltnum.
Vanguard Princess: Kaede.
Sailor Moon Super S: Sailor Mars, Sailor Venus.
Dragon Master: Deliza.
Burning Rival: Asuka.
Jamie Chan fist of fire: Kim Maire.
3D.
Tekken. Kunimitsu(Tag series), Julia Chang/Michelle Chang(TTT2 only)Jaycee(TTT2).
Soul Calibur: Sophitia.
Virtua Fighter: Eileen.
Fighting Vipers: Grace, Candy/Honey(FV2 only)
Dead or Alive: Kasumi, Momiji, Tina, La Mariposa, Honoka.
Last Bronx: Lisa.
Battle Arena Toshinden 4 Subaru: Naru Amoh.
Kensei - scared fist: Kornelia, Saya.
Plasma Sword: June.
Mortal Kombat: Mileena, Sonya.
Injustice: Catwoman.

That's all I got right now.

I wonder how did the guys who jumped ship to wwf from WCW feel when it was announced that Vince purchased their old company?

Also apparently King was in discussion to join them lol. Luckily he avoided that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nia Jax is the most timid looking 'monster' I've ever seen.

Just awful. They need a fresh injection of female talent on NXT stat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nia Jax is the most timid looking 'monster' I've ever seen.

Just awful. They need a fresh injection of female talent on NXT stat.

She just doesn't look scary despite them acting like she does.

All I'm saying is she got completely out-classed on the mic by a tiny Japanese girl that speaks no English.

Yeah her in ring and promo skills do not match up. In ring she has the right style for an effective monster heel but her promos need a lot of work.

Really hoping American Alpha retain at Takeover they are my favourite tag team right, Jason Jordan in particular has future star potential as a solo performer.

Jamie OD

Nia Jax is too nice. You can tell she is happy to be taking part rather than being angry enough to tear someone else apart.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nia Jax is too nice. You can tell she is happy to be taking part rather than being angry enough to tear someone else apart.

I'm gonna get shit on, but the problem is the way she looks. She looks like a regular (slightly overweight) person. Maybe it's the outfit but when you're that size, you need to have at least some arm and leg muscles to give the illusion of strength.

Either that or you need to become massive ala Rikishi and become a spectacle like that.

Say what you will about Kevin Owens, but at least his arms and legs look muscular and you can imagine that under that layer of belly fat is a bunch of muscle just hiding out.

Browny

Banned
I'm gonna get shit on, but the problem is the way she looks. She looks like a regular (slightly overweight) person. Maybe it's the outfit but when you're that size, you need to have at least some arm and leg muscles to give the illusion of strength.

Either that or you need to become massive ala Rikishi and become a spectacle like that.

Say what you will about Kevin Owens, but at least his arms and legs look muscular and you can imagine that under that layer of belly fat is a bunch of muscle just hiding out.

She sorta reminds me of Akeem...

43_one-man-gang-akeem-04.jpg

(Minus the beard, skin colour etc - you know what I mean...)

klonere

Banned
anybody seen the recent Sugiura - Shiozaki match? how was it?

It was...fine? NOAH have murdered their crowds in the last year, remember we got the incredible Sugiura/Suzuki around this time in 2015 which was hot as fuck. Instead we have our two fellows this time battling to an uninterested, small and unlighted crowd. They tried very hard but because the reaction was so weak and NOAH have failed to make this match feel big by extending the Suzuki-gun storyline for far too long, it felt over-wrought and a lot of the closing sequence felt unearned.

Which is ironic considering Marufuji wasn't involved in the match. Why they didn't just move on to Marufuji vs Shiozaki after DESTINY last year is beyond me,

NOAH's coasting on fan loyalty at the moment, not sure how much longer it can last - the Suzuki-gun stuff started hot, but has gone on for way too long and the pay-off has been largely unsatisfying. Kill it and send anything of value to New Japan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone should watch the last 3 matches of the most recent AJPW card even if you don't watch AJPW or much puro outside of NJPW. 3 certified bangers.
dfsfsdfdssdfrsq4j.gif

ytytrtrytrydrrx7.gif

Takeda shocked me at how good he was at wrestling. Aoki was his usual awesome self, but Takeda was so quick and had zero problems keeping up with Aoki while being ridiculously over and playing to the crowd. They even worked me with a spot. Takeda was working Aoki's back, Aoki went to do a suplex, Takeda held down and Aoki basically crumpled to his knees. Then Takeda went to suplex him instead and Aoki went over like he was gonna land on his feet but flopped halfway thorugh. And I was like 'botch' but then I thought about the suplex spot and was like, 'oh my god he's selling!'

The last 5 minutes are beautiful. It's just Takeda trying to get out of a submission, only for the technician Aoki to turn that escape into either a pin attempt or yet another submission. At this point in the match, Aoki has taken over completely and you can tell there is no escape for Takeda. And the crowd is going crazy.

I hope they have another match. I loved seeing Takeda in a traditional wrestling environemnt against a strictly wrestler 'no gimmicks' type like Aoki. Who is probably the most underrated wrestler out there right now.

http://rutube.ru/video/b86a971b1a91de3baafb2df55dc4b0b0/?pl_type=user&pl_id=1067514

Don Fujii and YAMATO just had the least Dragon Gate-like match of 2016, wasn't amazing or anything but, what with the slower pace with YAMATO working from under Fujii and everything being based around strikes, it really stood out.

Top Bottom