• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Big Lad Flipz

1VcIZY6.gif

MBNGlJb.gif

Dr6TkPB.gif

Ensuring Ultraviolent June is being properly celebrated
Fave Five Zandig GIFs

1. Zandig = Godzilla

i5L0k3ZNNEWCB.gif

Look at this motherfucker, towering above poor Tomoaki Honma with chair in-hand like goddamn Godzilla towering over Tokyo. We can't see Honma's face, but his body language tells us all we need to know; he might be the champ, but he's also resigned to the fact that he's going to receive a serious ass-kicking; Zandig-style.

2. Zandig, personified

Zandig.gif

This is everything Zandig is. He'll hit you in the fucking face with a light-tube stack, mock you with push-ups, flip you off and scream "CEE-ZEE-FUCKIN-DUBBLEYOUUUU!!" to the crowd before back bumping into broken light-tube glass. Hell, he's even bleeding BEFORE HE GETS IN THE RING. Fuckin' Zandig, man. The best.

3. The Power of Zandig Compells You

Zandig.gif

Five puny mortals aren't nearly enough force if you're going to try and stand in the way of The Zandig delivering a goddamn ass-kicking. Never mind that they're security guys employed by CZW, they should know the damn score and soon pay for their transgressions.

4. Nobody does this to The Zandig!

ibpiesxsOkaJLR.gif

Trying to run The Zandig over with a car? SMH, Japan. You should know better. You wouldn't try and run over Godzilla with a car, would you? No. I rest my case.

5. So...you think you're an indy darling

iboJSX1zkLsacX.gif

Well, Zandig doesn't fucking care. Look at those body blows, what a technician. Joe cowering like a small (but not that small) child in the corner, while Papa Zandig hands out a man-sized ass-whooping.

Honourable Mention: JEEEEEEEZUSSSSS!!!

ibjNgONxj72V0x.gif

Whatd'ya mean what happened, what're you blind? JEEEEZUSS!! There was five of them, it took FIVE OF THEM! Justice Pain! Auuuuuuuuurrrgrhhhghg. H8 Club? Ohffffhfff, I thought H8 Club's dead! Nick Gage! Nate Hatred! Who do you think you are? Nobody does this to The Zandig! Nobody does this to The Wifebeater! Zandig! Wifebeater! Nick Mondo! We are the most UltraViolent force on this face of the Earth. OOOOOHHHHMAAAAHHH!!! AUUUUUUUUUURRGHGH!! YOU'RE, YOU'RE GONNA DIE!! YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!! I GUARANTEE IT! I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!! AUUUUMM!!! STOAAAAHH!!! *pours water over self* You people have not seen anything! This is just the start of FakeYou TV! I am the UltraViolent Icon, this is Robbie Marino *shoves Marino*...this is C-Z-W, the most violent federation on the face of the Earth...you just wait and see how far we're gonna go. I'm outta here...hhhhhrrrrrghgg.

Not sure why they thought that spot was a good idea, Eita landed real badly.

who is that? impressive for his size

Peter Kaasa.

I would love an app for njpw on demand, would subscribe instantly. Does it work on the ps4 browser?

Unfortunately not, the PS4 browser is too out of date. They really need a console app, but it'll work natively on Apple devices and Android devices (with a small app download) and there's Roku channel as well, I believe.

Ensuring Ultraviolent June is being properly celebrated

<3

Eita's got to be Dragon Gate's entry into the J-Cup, right? Guess there's a chance of CIMA as he's a previous finalist, but Eita really deserves to have more eyes on him.

I will try and find out if NJPW on demand works on PS4, ICW on Demand doesn't I know that much.

For some reason, Wii U is the best console for running the Pivotshare sites. Literally no idea why. Works better and more reliably for me than Chromecast.

Speaking of, I think Chromecast's the only thing New Japan World supports.

I wonder how did the guys who jumped ship to wwf from WCW feel when it was announced that Vince purchased their old company?

Also apparently King was in discussion to join them lol. Luckily he avoided that.

The guy I feel most sorry for was Road Dogg. He'd just parted ways with the WWF, and went down to Florida to try and get work in WCW. He gets to Florida, and there's all these WWF guys around and he's like... wait... why are they here?

It was the night of the simulcast.

Poor deohdoublegee.

Jamie OD

WWE putting out a baby face Seth Documentary and having him be a heel on TV is the most LOL Vince thing

It's like the want to acknowledge there is a separation between the person and the character so they can be more open about the show being an act but they go at it half-assed. No wait, quarter-assed.

It's like the want to acknowledge there is a separation between the person and the character so they can be more open about the show being an act but they go at it half-assed. No wait, quarter-assed.

Meltz said is perfectly. He should Have been 2002 Triple H Instead he is 98 Buff Bagwell

Striker

WWE putting out a baby face Seth Documentary and having him be a heel on TV is the most LOL Vince thing

Stephanie McMahon appeared on The Rachel Ray Show this morning to promote WWE and WrestleMania 32.

After a clip played featuring Dean Ambrose and Stephanie on an episode of Raw, Stephanie quickly pointed on to the crowd that she plays a villain on TV and that it’s only a character.

You remember those Arsenio Hall shows with Rude, Savage, Warrior, etc.? Yeah, those had characters. Today it's run by people who are afraid of making a tiny fuss because it'll offend somebody.

UberTag

You remember those Arsenio Hall shows with Rude, Savage, Warrior, etc.? Yeah, those had characters. Today it's run by people who are afraid of making a tiny fuss because it'll offend somebody.
Which is ironic in a way because I find the way they placate mainstream PR to be insufferably offensive.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everyone knows that it's fake. Everyone knows that. But the fact that they blatantly don't even try anymore to protect the illusion that it's real is the worst thing WWE can do to run me off.

Like ,worse than the bad storylines. All pro wrestling has for me is that you make me want to believe. It's what creates moments for me as a fan rather than just going 'well this is fake and these moves don't mean anyting' it's getting caught up in the moment because the performers and the writing staff try to make it look real.

and WWE doesn't even try to do that anymore so Stephanie can go on talk shows or write a book or so the wrestlers can do whatever they want on social media or whatever it is. And it's fucking sad.

JavyOO7

Which is ironic in a way because I find the way they placate mainstream PR to be insufferably offensive.

And its not like the PR is effective anyway. It feels like anytime I hear about WWE in the news its always in the way of sticking out their noses about it, like... "oh, so and so thing is like a trashy pro wrestling wwe thing.", etc.

For njpw world does how frequently does it update content? Are there weekly shows and any English commentary?

Updates whenever New Japan has a show they want to televise. Some will be house shows with 1 static cam and no commentary, some will be fully produced shows with Japanese commentary, and some of those big shows will have English commentary flown over.

klonere

Banned
For njpw world does how frequently does it update content? Are there weekly shows and any English commentary?

There's lots of old stuff on there already, British Monsoon/Boots/Senor Laritoooo has complied a lovely list of stuff to check out here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit

As for newer stuff, it works just like the network - events are broadcasted live and then immediately archived. Sometimes it might be without commentary if it is airing on Samurai TV but that never bothers me. For the BoSJ there are three tiers of shows: Live with commentary and multicam, live with multicam and single fixed camera shows that are uploaded the day after.

shanafan

HBK's entrance at Degeneration-X: In Your House 1997 is not recommended if you have motion sickness. Thankfully I don't, but wow the quick cuts between the DX titantron and HBK walking down to the ring was way too much.

klonere

Banned
Yeah Meltz is firmly on #TeamSeth. He is even more baffled at why Seth came back as a heel, and a really awful heel at that, instead of a face. He was suggesting they should have sprinkled 3 minute clips from the documentary on the leadup to Seth's return because it portrays him as a hardworking, nice dude who was genuinely upset about being injured and missing out. Definitely top babyface, face of the company material.

Instead he's like a shitty Honky Tonk Man.

Updates whenever New Japan has a show they want to televise. Some will be house shows with 1 static cam and no commentary, some will be fully produced shows with Japanese commentary, and some of those big shows will have English commentary flown over.

There's lots of old stuff on there already, British Monsoon/Boots/Senor Laritoooo has complied a lovely list of stuff to check out here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit

As for newer stuff, it works just like the network - events are broadcasted live and then immediately archived. Sometimes it might be without commentary if it is airing on Samurai TV but that never bothers me. For the BoSJ there are three tiers of shows: Live with commentary and multicam, live with multicam and single fixed camera shows that are uploaded the day after.
Thanks guys, I was watched the Ospreay vs Ricochet match yesterday and was in awe since I love flippy shit and wanted more njpw but that's the only full match they had on their YouTube. If there's a trial I'll check it out for sure.

UberTag

Yeah Meltz is firmly on #TeamSeth. He is even more baffled at why Seth came back as a heel, and a really awful heel at that, instead of a face. He was suggesting they should have sprinkled 3 minute clips from the documentary on the leadup to Seth's return because it portrays him as a hardworking, nice dude who was genuinely upset about being injured and missing out. Definitely top babyface, face of the company material.

Instead he's like a shitty Honky Tonk Man.
If there's anyone who should not be surprised at how stubborn and resolute Vince McMahon can be about pushing ahead with what he wants, it's Meltzer.

The fact that he can still delude himself into expecting Vince NOT to behave like Vince at this day and age might explain why he can still do what he does for a living.

Thanks guys, I was watched the Ospreay vs Ricochet match yesterday and was in awe since I love flippy shit and wanted more njpw but that's the only full match they had on their YouTube. If there's a trial I'll check it out for sure.

If you want more Ospreay (and Ricochet) flippy shit, https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/ has a free 7 day trial going right now, him vs Ricochet, Okada, Sydal, AJ Styles, Marty Scurll all worth looking at

This seems important

Key to this is that, even though WWE will be adding expenses by going live, USA is not paying more for the increase in costs. It’s the first sign, while hidden from the public, that USA is concerned that the approximately $127 million they pay WWE this year for Raw and Smackdown is not delivering at the level they would like. Given that the key economic driver of the company is not the network but the television rights fees, in the long run, until economic conditions change greatly, ratings are still the most important barometer for the company, and they are consistently falling.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's pretty clear that their tanking ratings will be a major thing once their current contract is up, they'll lose a lot of money for sure.

Top Bottom