• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

jmdajr

We have Memphis

Ihhp0Ta.jpg

It's beautiful. Sincerely, America is truly incredible.

I drove by this. I was like... "WTF is that? A pyramid??? here???"

klonere

Banned
you're moving to Canada friend?

Welcome! drop you guns at the border please, you won't need them here

I'm Irish/Canadian living in Ireland, the Brits took away all our guns and then we took all our guns away from ourselves and then we took all the guns away from our own police

I'm going to wait until Vancouver property collapses into itself as a black hole of dodgy Chinese money and over-inflated pay.

Sephzilla

Can we change our avatars yet? Also can we start #DonWestThursday again?

That thread about the guy asking about the Wright/Berlyn avatars is exactly why I love the Avatar Rumble though

imBask

Banned
I'm Irish/Canadian living in Ireland, the Brits took away all our guns and then we took all our guns away from ourselves and then we took all the guns away from our own police

I'm going to wait until Vancouver property collapses into itself as a black hole of dodgy Chinese money and over-inflated pay.

oh right you're irish! The Vancouver housing market is fucked. Move to Montreal, our housing market is still "fine" (for now)

Zach

Believe it or not, I wasn't hating this until the final two matches. It was feeling C-ish. But those last two matches were really, really bad.

I feel kinda bad watching a person break in slow motion like we've seen Zach over the last full year or so

It's even worse knowing the bottom hasn't even been hit yet

I drove by this. I was like... "WTF is that? A pyramid??? here???"

How did you not know about this venue? Isn't it where Al Snow and Bob Holly had their infamous WWE hardcore match that ended up with them in the river?

Nowadays it's a Bass Pro megastore of all things.

jmdajr

How did you not know about this venue? Isn't it where Al Snow and Bob Holly had their infamous WWE hardcore match that ended up with them in the river?

Nowadays it's a Bass Pro megastore of all things.

I don't know man.

I did go to Elvis' house though. That was a trip.

Memphis Zoo is also...pretty darn nice. Pandas!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Besides the whole super Christian guy who's apparently homophobic thing.

Lots of people have grown up. Christian people are fine, it's just a lot of them run the wrong direction. I have no doubt he's wised up since then. No doubt.

Mahonay

Banned
Lots of people have grown up. Christian people are fine, it's just a lot of them run the wrong direction. I have no doubt he's wised up since then. No doubt.
I know plenty of practicing Christians that are great people. But it always feels super ironic when a Christian shows extreme prejudice against gay people or any other group, it's just the total opposite of what Jesus was about.

I would hope AJ saw what a dickbag he was being. But I don't know, I don't know him personally. It wasn't that long ago either, and I don't recall him apologizing.

lol, I get a call from my old man asking if I can come over to help with a "small job". I get there and he's ordered a bench that's set inside 7ft of a fucking fishing boat hull haha. Also, it was five inches wider than the manufacturer said and weighed so goddamn much, had to basically dismantle the side gate and drainpipes to get it in the back garden.

Also, I done did the voting thing. Tomorrow's going to be scary, fingers crossed sanity prevails.

If he's homophobic I don't personally think him being a Christian has a lot to do with it. Maybe his pastor is spreading hate and that's where he's getting it from, but Christianity is a wide umbrella with a broad spectrum of stances on homosexuality.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol, I get a call from my old man asking if I can come over to help with a "small job". I get there and he's ordered a bench that's set inside 7ft of a fucking fishing boat hull haha. Also, it was five inches wider than the manufacturer said and weighed so goddamn much, had to basically dismantle the side gate and drainpipes to get it in the back garden.

Also, I done did the voting thing. Tomorrow's going to be scary, fingers crossed sanity prevails.
You have a boat in your back yard?

Mahonay

Banned
If he's homophobic I don't personally think him being a Christian has a lot to do with it. Maybe his pastor is spreading hate and that's where he's getting it from, but Christianity is a wide umbrella with a broad spectrum of stances on homosexuality.
Christianity has been also widely used in anti-gay campaigns like the very strong movement in Africa. I understand it's not all bad, but it's also the source of a lot of pain and suffering for innocent gay people. It goes both ways.

Aiii

So not worth it
I know plenty of practicing Christians that are great people. But it always feels super ironic when a Christian shows extreme prejudice against gay people or any other group, it's just the total opposite of what Jesus was about.

Jesus was a devout follower of the old testament. Which is to be expected from someone living in that age.

Christianity has been also widely used in anti-gay campaigns like the very strong movement in Africa. I understand it's not all bad, but it's also the source of a lot of pain and suffering for innocent gay people. It goes both ways.

AJ has used homosexual slurs in his promos. He was maybe upset when someone pointed out that he was popular in the gay community. These things certainly suggest he doesn't like gay people, but I haven't seen anything linking it to his religion. It seems to be the common masculinity paranoia rather than something coming from the pulpit.

Like I said, I don't pretend to know, but there's nothing I've seen to suggest to me that it's religious in nature.

Mahonay

Banned
Jesus was a devout follower of the old testament. Which is to be expected from someone living in that age.
When we start taking new/old testament it all starts going way over my head.

I was raised atheist pretty much by two ultra liberal parents, so my grasp on religion is tenuous. They did bring me to church sometimes with some of my friends who went though, they pretty much let me decide for myself which I appreciate greatly as an adult now.

Mahonay

Banned
AJ has used homosexual slurs in his promos. He was maybe upset when someone pointed out that he was popular in the gay community. These things certainly suggest he doesn't like gay people, but I haven't seen anything linking it to his religion. It seems to be the common masculinity paranoia rather than something coming from the pulpit.

Like I said, I don't pretend to know, but there's nothing I've seen to suggest to me that it's religious in nature.
Yes, there is no way to really know where his issue with gay people derives from.

And agreed on the masculinity thing, that plays a huge part.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't believe this is a thing that's (probably) going to actually happen. Odds on Vader shooting, haha?

Zero surprise it was a work

Vader's a big fucking baby. He can't shoot. If he does, he's shooting blanks.

Top Bottom