• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Mahonay

Banned
Bayley is hotter than Stephanie.
doq8DhA.png

Toki767

Meltzer isn't wrong about Bayley though.

She could potentially make so much money on the main roster being marketed to little girls. And she could probably attract a ton of girls to the product.

She's pretty much reached her drawing peak in NXT already.

somedevil

Meltzer isn't wrong about Bayley though.

She could potentially make so much money on the main roster being marketed to little girls. And she could probably attract a ton of girls to the product.

She's pretty much reached her drawing peak in NXT already.

I believe most agree with that. The problem arises on how he phrases it. It sounds like her age and looks are all to her character. That once she reaches this certain age she won't attract girls to the product anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I believe most agree with that. The problem arises on how he phrases it. It sounds like her age and looks are all to her character. That once she reaches this certain age she won't attract girls to the product anymore.

Not without her character changing. That's the key. It's not guaranteed to be a hit if she reinvents herself in any way.

Ithil

Well she can't be doing the same big kid with hugging and waving inflatable men when she's 40, no more than Shawn Michaels could do his stripping Sexy Boy thing at 45 without looking ridiculous.

Not that she will be. Assuming she is still in WWE in ten years, Bayley will have long evolved into something new and different, as any wrestler should (and usually does unless you wrestled primarily in ECW). But right this moment, she's got a goldmine of a gimmick, and it's a gimmick she can't do forever, so why not get cracking on capitalising on that pronto?

Zach

Bayley should definitely get a shot with her current gimmick on the main roster. The question is: how do you bring her in where it makes sense, is compelling, and fits her character?

Really, I'm asking here.

Kaladin

The WWE Universe can get its first look at the likes of Zack Sabre Jr., TJ Perkins, Kota Ibushi and all 32 Cruiserweight Classic competitors when they take part in the Cruiserweight Classic Parade. Tune in today at 6:30 p.m. ET at Facebook.com/WWECruiserweightClassic and meet the men competing in this historic tournament on Facebook Live.

Zach

I don't think Bayley is particularly attractive, but she has an extremely likeable personality that makes any superficial hang-ups fly out the window. She is wonderful.

Shadow780

Bayley should definitely get a shot with her current gimmick on the main roster. The question is: how do you bring her in where it makes sense, is compelling, and fits her character?

Really, I'm asking here.

Raw after Summerslam, Sasha's won her belt and is gloating how nobody ever beat her in the main roster and dares anyone who can challenge her.

Bayley's music hits, claim she's the only women who's beaten her, twice laying the seed for their eventual match.

And then I think Bayley has to go through a long process of going over each girl in the division, you can't hotshot Bayley into the title scene rightaway.

Ithil

Really, I'm asking here.

I have no idea. I don't envy WWE in having to translate her success onto the main roster, especially with their track record. It can be done, and if done right she'll be a megastar, but how is a big question.

It's a character that kind of requires the audience to have seen her grow from the start, but she's already done that and you can't just turn her back into 2013 Bayley and start again on RAW. So she has to be an underdog at first, but she can't just be jobbing for ages.

It's a tough one. It's like being handed 2007 John Cena and being told to make him a star on RAW, instead of having 2002 John Cena and having him gradually turn into that Cena.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bayley is poised to have the main roster trajectory of a Tyler Breeze

CW appeal plumemted to me when I discovered how many complete nobodies padded it out. Even with my NJPW issues, I can't deny that the J Cup will probably blow it out the water

KissVibes

Banned
I wanna get Overwatch and play online with GAF, but I fear it's already too late to play without getting shitted on and feeling overwhelmed.

Probably a dumb reason to hesitate on buying. Maybe I should soon.

PC?

You can play with me and my group. We have really experienced players and those that aren't.

Battlenet BattleTag is SharkyJay#1525

Kaladin

If I were to introduce Bailey, I'd have her win the Women's Championship the first night on the roster and go in constant mark out mode over the fact that she is Women's champion and have her meet all the legendary former champions they can come up with, but at the same time have the former champ question her ability to defend. I'd then have Bailey defend successfully, telling the story that you can overcome any odds and making her a sympathetic babyface on the main roster while giving her the same character she had over in NXT. In NXT she was brought in all marking out over how she was actually a wrestler and kind of being a fan at the same time....now she gets the chance over being Women's Champion almost overnight.

somedevil

Well she can't be doing the same big kid with hugging and waving inflatable men when she's 40, no more than Shawn Michaels could do his stripping Sexy Boy thing at 45 without looking ridiculous.

Not that she will be. Assuming she is still in WWE in ten years, Bayley will have long evolved into something new and different, as any wrestler should (and usually does unless you wrestled primarily in ECW). But right this moment, she's got a goldmine of a gimmick, and it's a gimmick she can't do forever, so why not get cracking on capitalising on that pronto?

I think she should be called up but the whole fight with Meltzer was his wording. Cause when he brings her up its always about her age. She is only 27 and its not like when she hits 30 its over for her.

She has ability to connect because everyone loves her and she connects especially with kids. Plus she has the ability to adapt. This character started out as a naive girl who marked out over meeting main roster talent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CWC logo on that purple background. None of that looks good. Can't decide if it looks like a guady jewelery store brand or the new channel for Women from the CW.

Kaladin

I kinda feel like the CWC logo set has a retro feel to it.

I like the purple also as it's a different look and stands out from the rest of the product.

Top Bottom