• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

ClqI1LcWkAAi5W2.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm fine with costs being devalued. Since the beginning I've said $60 was outrageous and unjustifiable

Fun Fact: Both WCW and WWF raised PPV prices significantly in 1995, a year often considered both companies worst ever. Both...made a significant profit by doing so. Basically true believers kept buying it no matter what and this trend continued until the middle of last decade where WWF just put out too many shows at too high a price. UFC experienced a similar curve but hasn't quite hit the point of no return yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never buy anything on Steam sales because GTA never goes below 40% off and that's the only thing I'd buy and I already bought it twice.

Second time in 2 or 3 months they've done this to another promotion on short notice

The first time being Mania weekend when they had EC3 do a failed audition for Amazing Race or something lol

notworksafe

It;s also the day where people can up there bragging rights over their massive catalog of games they never play because LOL STEAM SALES AMIRITE

Seriously though, steam sales are crap and help to devalue the cost of games.

Games are overvalued. "Never pay more than $20 for a computer game" was good advice.

Caderfix

4-5 years ago I realized that video games weren't worth my money cause I play like 3-4 weeks before getting bored. I'd rather buy 3-4 albums than a video game.

This.

I own a ps4 since launch and have, like, 5 games. Now I rather just buy/upgrade instruments or gear and pay $9.99 for the better version of netflix
money in the bank was worth it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Games should cost more, to reflect their inflating budget

Indie junk should stay $2.

But I guess you gotta release at $20, so Sony can use it as a PS+ "discount" two years after it released on PC

notworksafe

Overvalued compared to what? Games are cheap compared to every other form of media and entertainment.

Compared to other things I spend money on. Just how my personal priorities have changed over the years more than games themselves, really. That being said, MS giving me a PC and a console game for the price of one definitely appeals to my inherent cheapness.

I always wondered when Hogan came back, went did he use Voodoo's child instead of Real American? Was it something he wanted or was it because of Patterson & Brisco tainting the song during the 3 years beforehand?

I've never bought an album, TV show, book, or movie (DVD, BluRay, VHS, or theater ticket) for $60. And if the day comes that is the regular price for those things? I still won't. I'd sit and stare at a wall happily.

Caderfix

I'm sorry PS Plus sucks. I'm also a subscriber, and it has been VERY weak.

It really has. So far, in my opinion, there wasn't even one good month for the PS4, it's been some time since I actually enjoyed a PS3 or Vita offer and paying to play online sucks.

Nowadays I just pay attention to the Humble Bundle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It really has. So far, in my opinion, there wasn't even one good month for the PS4, it's been some time since I actually enjoyed a PS3 or Vita offer and paying to play online sucks.

Nowadays I just pay attention to the Humble Bundle.

It's been a while since I installed and played something from PS+. A real big fall from grace. The best shit comes out for PS3, because its fucking dead.

You're not wrong. That said PS+ did just give me NBA2k16 for free

By the time it finishes downloading 2k17 is out and 2k16's servers are shut off

Anth0ny

i don't understand ps +

I don't even have time to play the actual worthwhile games I pay for, let alone the "free" games sony throws at you every month

so when everyone rages about how ps+ games are shit every month i'm like whatevs

fake sports

Caderfix

Welp both major consoles have pay to play for online so there's not really an option for those of us with out gaming PCs.

And the Wii U is not an option.

Paying to play online after buying the console and games is terrible. Honestly, I've always been a console player, and this whole pay for online thing is one of the biggest reasons why I don't care about video games as much as I used to.

Jamie OD

I always wondered when Hogan came back, went did he use Voodoo's child instead of Real American? Was it something he wanted or was it because of Patterson & Brisco tainting the song during the 3 years beforehand?

He just really liked the song and could convince WWE to get it for him. I think at one point he used it in WCW too.

Mahonay

Banned
Paying to play online after buying the console and games is terrible. Honestly, I've always been a console player, and this whole pay for online thing is one of the biggest reasons why I don't care about video games as much as I used to.
I've been doing since the launch of Xbox Live so I've just gotten used to it. It's still shitty.

60% chance they never talked and Kurt made his annual big lie
Something I just read said:
I asked Meltzer on the Observer board for some further clarification on it and asked if Angle told Dave this as well and lied and this is what he said -

"Nobody lied here. Kurt Angle was called by HHH. They agreed to nothing. He expected it would lead to something. People in the company expected it would lead to something. Somebody then decided it would not.

He's not the only guy who had been offered something that they changed their mind on in recent days.

They want no controversies right now."

Zach

He just really liked the song and could convince WWE to get it for him. I think at one point he used it in WCW too.

HollyWCWood Hogan used "Voodoo Child". Awesome song. Awesome entrance theme. I remember loving it even though I hated Hogan when I was but a youth.

Top Bottom