• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

You know......the thing about this CWC tournament, it's single elimination. So this is the only chance we get to see the losers. That is, unless WWE has something planned with them for later episodes. Some of these guys you know you're going to want to see more of.

To fill out the cards of the later shows, I'm assuming scrambles or tag matches for the losers.

Nese
wins. The loser got really hurt with his knee. Almost couldn't finish the match. The ref actually stopped the match right before the finish while the winner was on the top rope, then had to resume it. It was awkward.

You know......the thing about this CWC tournament, it's single elimination. So this is the only chance we get to see the losers. That is, unless WWE has something planned with them for later episodes. Some of these guys you know you're going to want to see more of.

So far only one or two of the losers tonight have been impressive enough to warrant that. I do expect they bring them back though for tags and such.

Twelfth Match:
Sean Maluta vs. Kota Ibushi

Ithil

While I'm sure the semi-finals and finals will be really long matches, they're gonna have plenty of extra time, so I assume the losers will be in tag matches and whatnot.

Gargano
wins. They just burned the damn house down. Best match of the night.

Are the crowd getting tried from such a barrage of 16 matches or is the cruiserweight action keeping the pace up?

They kind of fell down around match 11 or so, but only for a match or two. Three of the last four bouts had really good heat, ESPECIALLY the main event.

First round was a lot of fun. Lots of good. Some great. A little spectacular.

2nd round competitors:
Ibushi, ZSJ, Gargano, Noam Dar, Swann, Tajiri, Jack Gallagher, Cedric Alexander, Tozawa, Gran Metalik, Ho Ho Lun, Brian Kendrick, TJP, Lince Dorado, Drew Gulak, Tony Nese

We won't know what the 2nd round matchups will be until we see the bracket on July 6th when they do their Network special about the tournament.

MVPs of the first round: Gargano, Ciampa, Swann, Lince Dorado, Raul Mendoza, and Fabian Aichner.

Singular MVP: Akira Tozawa. Guy was so awesome. So, so awesome.

Xudnml.gif

Toki767

It never occurred to me that CWC is basically WCW with the letters inverted until I saw that CWC logo and the C reminded me of the WCW logo on the Nitro set.

Gurrry

Gonna buy tickets to smackdown when they come to town in like 2 months.

I wanted to get some mid court seats, but theyre all about 80 bucks a piece through most of the ticket retailers. Any chance they are cheaper through the arena website itself? (they dont go on sale on their website until tomorrow morning)

Or does anyone know the secret to getting good cheap seats?

Or if there is anyone that has been to a show before, do you think section 42 would be horrible seats? http://center-austin.com/Tickets-Active.php?eventID=2082008&venueID=521

Sabre is probably counting his blessings for getting out of the U.K. while he still could.

Condolences on your country's fucking stupidity, Boots.

On the other hand, with the pounding the pound is taking, there hasn't been a better time for Americans to sign up for Progress's and RevPro's streaming services!

Sabre is probably counting his blessings for getting out of the U.K. while he still could.

Condolences on your country's fucking stupidity, Boots.

On the other hand, with the pounding the pound is taking, there hasn't been a better time for Americans to sign up for Progress's and RevPro's streaming services!
It's probably a bit sad that my first thought after hearing about the UK vote was "Now's the perfect time to start Progress". :p

Top Bottom