• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Mengetsu

I'm sorry for all the stuff that's just happened over seas..I wish only the best going forward. Here's a pic of Cena's bad dressing habits to help put a smile on our faces.

Z9Pxx3g.jpg

klonere

Banned
I'm sorry.

I was going to post this in one of the Brexit threads, but they're too hot right now.

I honestly feel completely lost and exhausted. The right wing have taken over. Farage has gone from a joke to getting everything he ever wanted. The alt-right and MRA's are taking over everywhere else.

And I'm tired. And I feel like I can't do a fucking thing about it.

As a left wing "skeleton" person who thinks being decent to people isn't such a bad idea, where do I go? Cause it clearly isn't here.

We literally have no one to represent us. Anyone who makes a stab at leaning towards the left is brow beaten into submission by their own party members who're deadly afraid of abandoning the centre, or misrepresented and abused by the corrupt media institutions who know they can easily sway an easily led, ill-informed and largely ignorant voter base.

Fuck Britain.

It's okay lads, I feel you. Being so close to it is hitting me hard. I was genuinely angry walking into work this morning. Listened to some tosser go on about the Common Travel Area being under threat even though it's been around for 90+ years. Just so the browns can't slip into their precious broken union through the North. They might have restarted the fucking Troubles!

If you want you can head over here. If you work the flights right you'd probably be able to get to most BritWres shows cheaper than taking the train. Stay strong <3

Jamie OD

Visiting Japan for the first time and hit up the NJPW store. Got me a shirt but the place is small as hell as doesn't have much other than the newest merch. Then I visited Toudoukan. It blows the NJPW store away. I took some pics but Colt Cabana's video tour of the place does it much more justice - http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6HR1-gknQc

Picked up a few old school action figures for my dad since I'm in Japan for Father's Day. Place has an insane amount of memorabilia though.

If you're visiting Akihabra at some point there is a wrestling shop called Back Drop around there. It's mostly American merch but they do stock both American and Japan clothing I've never seen elsewhere.

In regards to Brexit, I'm pissed at the result because I think it legitimises racist politics. At least a possible trip to London next month for Sabre Vs Shibata now looks to be a little cheaper for me. Thin silver lining and all that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Never underestimate how many old pieces of shit are out there voting. If everyone gets out and votes, yknow. Then you'll be fine. But they always get the fuck out there, despite being outnumbered.

I didn't get a chance to post but Holy shit the cruiserweight classic last night was amazing except for a couple of matches. I really love the feel of the whole thing with everyone representing their countries and the unique moves you never see in wwe. The final match of the night is probably my moty so far, so damn personal, and told a story from beginning to end. I recorded the highlights and from it and celebration after the match and put it on YouTube for anyone to see. Can't wait to rewatch it on the network with the commentary team.

Browny

Banned
Nah man, fucked off at the mo. I may have to watch some DDT to keep me amused.

The one silver lining at the mo is next Friday - good times ahead.

Zach

I'm watching the second most recent NXT and Nakamura is still the coolest. And I enjoy the crowd singing his theme. Because I'm not a monster.

Oh uhh ohh...

Jamie OD

I didn't get a chance to post but Holy shit the cruiserweight classic last night was amazing except for a couple of matches. I really love the feel of the whole thing with everyone representing their countries and the unique moves you never see in wwe. The final match of the night is probably my moty so far, so damn personal, and told a story from beginning to end. I recorded the highlights and from it and celebration after the match and put it on YouTube for anyone to see. Can't wait to rewatch it on the network with the commentary team.

Heard good things about the taping. Saw the opening ceremony WWE posted on Facebook and so far the presentation looks great.

Browny

Banned
But I thought British Patriotism wasn't as bad as American patriotism.

True - but there's a time when common sense has to overtake patriotism (not sure I'm wording that right, but hopefully it makes some sort of sense).

What's going on overseas?

We decided to fuck ourselves. HARD.

I need that "congratulations, you played yourself" gif.

I'll stop moaning now. I may buy some fancy posters to cheer myself up.

Oh fuck, who fast counted?

SausageServlet-1-395608.jpg

A toff and a cunt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all can just leave

We're still taking humans over here in America

We could use you

You don't need me, I'm a shit IT guy with no marketable skills. I'm sure you've got a bunch of them already.

But I thought British Patriotism wasn't as bad as American patriotism.

It's certainly not as overt, until something like this gets everyone riled up. Our press are irredeemably awful and excellent at rabble rousing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You don't need me, I'm a shit IT guy with no marketable skills. I'm sure you've got a bunch of them already.

It's certainly not as overt, until something like this gets everyone riled up. Our press are irredeemably awful and excellent at rabble rousing.

All press is excellent at making a ruckus. It sucks.

Boots, in America, we have the best Taco Bells. TACO BELL

XShagrath

Yeah, it was a really good event, and I was impressed by quite a few of the competitors that I was not familiar with. Was also very surprised to see what they allowed the guys to do out there. Some of those moves would never fly on Raw/Smackdown.

Yeah a lot of the unknowns put on great performances. And that main event was straight fire. The ending of it was beautiful. I can't wait for everyone else to see it.

So they taped the whole thing in one night? And they start showing it in bits next week I suppose?

They taped the whole first round last night. Sixteen matches. It starts airing on July 13th. July 6th they are doing a bracket special on the Network where they break down the bracket (which we don't know yet) and talk about the match ups. July 14th is the next taping, where the second round will happen.

Mahonay

Banned
They taped the whole first round last night. Sixteen matches. It starts airing on July 13th. July 6th they are doing a bracket special on the Network where they break down the bracket (which we don't know yet) and talk about the match ups. July 14th is the next taping, where the second round will happen.
I love this.

So it was 16 matches yesterday, 8 matches next time, 4, then 3 the final night which would mean someone working a back to back match in the final? I can't see any of the next recordings being as long as yesterday's.

So it was 16 matches yesterday, 8 matches next time, 4, then 3 the final night which would mean someone working a back to back match in the final? I can't see any of the next recordings being as long as yesterday's.

I'd imagine it'll go like this.

July 14th - Second Round
August 26th - Quarter- and Semi-finals
Sept. 14th - Final and Third Place match

Then the cards will be filled out by tag matches and special matches featuring competitors eliminated already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone listen to Jericho's podcast with Benoit's sister yet?

Given the placement of matches last night, and the fact that he's signed to a contract, my favorite to win the whole tournament at the moment is
Johnny Gargano
. We know it won't be Ibushi because he won't sign a full-time contract with them right now.

Top Bottom