• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Coketruck

Cartridges cost more. I think most 64 games were 60 bucks. My cousin would only get like 2 games for Christmas whereas, I'd gey like 4 or 5 because ps1 games weren't as expensive.

Secret of Mana on the SNES was around $80. I think carts normally cost $50. Only game I ever got that was that expensive.

I remember spending TONS of money on Final Fantasy III/VI for the SNES at Software Etc. back in the day. Plus the unofficial guidebook, which was like 500 pages.

Secret of Mana on the SNES was around $80. I think carts normally cost $50. Only game I ever got that was that expensive.
Now take me back, as my first console was a Genesis, how was the 80 buck tag on those games perceived? Or how did your parents react knowing the games were more expensive than the usual?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just going to say that Road Rash doesn't play in 2016 at all and it's not really worth being sad about being killed off.

I like Final Fight, but I know how poorly a beat-em-up in 2016 based on Final Fight would come off. At its absolute peak, it would still be incredibly shallow and repetitive.

Personally it resulted in me either renting from blockbusters or buying from pawn shops.

I think I have 5 games that were bought new at full price on the snes:

Super mario world / all stars combo (packin game)
Super Metroid
Killer Instinct (with the cd)
Prince of Persia
Zelda 3

Everything else was either a big sale or second hand. And sales were exceptionally rare and normally rubbish. Pawn shops were great but normally cartridge only. Got some great ones like mystic quest legend and street fighter alpha 2 for under £10 like that.

Zach

Berlyn's debut is on one of the missing Nitros?! Nooooo!

I guess I'll check it out on YouTube. Here's a
f
unrelated gif courtesy of legitshook.com MVP strobogo:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
BITW as so fucking boring.

I'm so sad that Kamaitachi is stuck there.

Kevin Sullivan in 2016
BJ Whitmer in 2016
War Machine being fed to Young Bucks in 2016

And I can't decide if I want to shit on Jay Lethal's boring '80s wrestling heel character' or if it's the result of his stale reign due to lack of ANY viable or interesting competitors.

Roderick and Moose are getting the fuck out, and O'reilly is probably trying his best to do the same. And no one could blame them.

Baron Corbin playing Road Rash is perfect, PERFECT.

He also seems like an alright dude!

Ew, it's the non-3DO version.

I think he's got a little bit of that Kevin Owens in him where he knows people think he's an asshole so he stays in character and plays it up...I just don't think he's a great wrestler.

an online, open world Road Rash game where you can team up with friends and form biker clubs and take over territories has always been a dream game of mine.

Tagyhag

Ibushi is great, but I think if even if he gets saddled with an Al Snow gimmick (Head would be a blow up doll in this instance) it will turn out fine for him.

I have to imagine Omega and the Bucks will be in the WWE this time next year.

Be still my bleeding heart.

Although...if that were to happen and both Ibushi and Zack Sabre joined the WWE as well, that'd be the most stacked a wrestling association would be since the beginning of the sport.

...and they'll still find a way to fuck it up.

Zach

Lilian Garcia is a terrible ring announcer in 1999. Jesus, why is she introducing people when you have The Fink on the payroll?

Coketruck

Now take me back, as my first console was a Genesis, how was the 80 buck tag on those games perceived? Or how did your parents react knowing the games were more expensive than the usual?

I was 9 when I got Secret of Mana for my birthday (1994). I remember my mom definitely noticed it was more expensive than usual, but she was okay with it because it was the only game I asked for. From what I've read, the high price didn't really effect the game's sales that much, as it was kind of a niche title anyway.

I think he's got a little bit of that Kevin Owens in him where he knows people think he's an asshole so he stays in character and plays it up...I just don't think he's a great wrestler.

an online, open world Road Rash game where you can team up with friends and form biker clubs and take over territories has always been a dream game of mine.
I dunno. All I got from Breaking Ground is that he is actually an asshole. Grumpy and entitled. Owens is, by all accounts, a super guy. Corbin reeks of lower midcard. Reeks of it.

When he jobs to Heidenreich after the brand split, I won't be shocked.

DMczaf

Time to get the gang back together again??

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dunno. All I got from Breaking Ground is that he is actually an asshole. Grumpy and entitled. Owens is, by all accounts, a super guy. Corbin reeks of lower midcard. Reeks of it.

When he jobs to Heidenreich after the brand split, I won't be shocked.

Didn't Owens complain about not getting serviced at some restaurant, had the owner call his shit out to Ariel Helwani then Owens later replied, ending with 'lol you're friends with the owner so you wont bewieve me'

super guy

klonere

Banned
My Local Indie better than NXT confirmed.

Seriously regretting those €75 tickets considering I just got an infinitely better show for a quarter of the price. Even got to see Big Damo get busted open hardway among many many other great moments.

My Local Indie better than NXT confirmed.

Seriously regretting those €75 tickets considering I just got an infinitely better show for a quarter of the price. Even got to see Big Damo get busted open hardway among many many other great moments.
How big is Damo in person? I know he's only 6'2 but his girth is almost up there with a slimmer mark henry.

Vince McMahon made the decision for Dean Ambrose to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Money in the Bank and have Seth Rollins pin Roman Reigns.

Triple H wanted Ambrose cashing in towards the end of the Reigns vs. Rollins match, with Ambrose pinning either competitor. McMahon, however, was adamant that Rollins pin Reigns, which was due to his knowledge of “The Guy”‘s violation of the Wellness policy.

Zach

"This is not a fabricated pretend sport like the Ultimate Fighting Championship. This is real." - '99 Jericho

:D

God, Triple H sounds exactly the same in 1999. His promos are terrible.

D:

Top Bottom