• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Fox318

SgCVLpz.jpg
When you turn a shoot into a worked shoot that could end up as a worked work or a shoot shoot if Vader decides to shoot.

Zach

Oh my gah, that coward Buff Bagwell didn't want to lose to the debuting Berlyn after weeks and weeks of buildup so he's not at Fall Brawl '99. This kind of insubordination deserves a firin' where I come from, daddeh, but I have a feeling nothing bad will happen to Bagwell.

Post-match edit: F Buff Bagwell. F Jim Duggan (Bagwell's replacement, who was generally uncooperative). F whoever is running the show and allowed this to happen. Berlyn needed to look impressive in his debut to have a chance and they killed him. It was all for nothing. Lame.

(That's right. I was invested in Berlyn. >_>)

klonere

Banned
delayed selling isn't an indy thing

doing a fuckton of it is definitely indie but one or two spots in a match is perfectly acceptable.

Striker

delayed selling isn't an indy thing

doing a fuckton of it is definitely indie but one or two spots in a match is perfectly acceptable.
It has never been this common in the WWF/E and since it brought up like 20 indy guys on the main roster. Luke Harper has done it as well.

I could not believe how god damn loud Cena was during that match, literally yelling out spots at the top of his lungs. It's the first time it actually affected my enjoyment of the match a bit.

Dude that mic was loud all night. It wasn't just Cena. You could hear spots throughout the entire PPV. They need to either remove ring mics or stop with super close ups.

Mahonay

Banned
Dude that mic was loud all night. It wasn't just Cena. You could hear spots throughout the entire PPV. They need to either remove ring mics or stop with super close ups.
Watching through that Botchamania...yeah you're definitely right.

Lol I forgot how loudly you could hear Ziggler tell Corbin "DO YOUR POSE".

klonere

Banned
It has never been this common in the WWF/E and since it brought up like 20 indy guys on the main roster. Luke Harper has done it as well.

Yeah its still not an indy thing. It's a Japanese thing and another thing you can use to elevate a match if used well.

That said arguing psychology in a WWE match is a total moot point because they aren't interested in that sort of stuff any more.

Mahonay

Banned
In every single try, except for that time when I won in Appleton, The Big Apple, back in 2000 and thisamehmeh..., I have never held this briefcase. Which doesn't it look good on me? Huh? I should put this on a chain and put it around my neck. Huh? JERICHO LIFE YO

I think I found my second favorite promo this year after Broken Matt's.

Zach

I found Cena to be the worst offender when it came to calling out spots. I mean, he doesn't even try to hide it. It was distracting and weird.

bjork

Someone should have a gimmick of a psychic and they just call out the moves super loud during the match. Then they call for a move and do something different to fake the other guy out and pin him.

Mahonay

Banned
Someone should have a gimmick of a psychic and they just call out the moves super loud during the match. Then they call for a move and do something different to fake the other guy out and pin him.
This sounds like something they would have done in the last year of WCW.

"HE'S NOT FOLLOWING THE SPOT CALLS! HE'S GOING INTO BUSINESS FOR HIMSELF!"

Strax

what's this places opinion on "The Wrestler" (Aronofsky)?

director's GOAT movie imo, and a damn good and emotional look at what happens to the washed up superstars of yore.

Did you think the Ram's heart problem at the end of the movie was a work or a shoot?

A top 10 most overhyped movies of all time. People loved the parallels between Rourke and Ram and Aronofsky has loyal fans. You take those elements away it becomes a slightly above average by the numbers film festival movie

RBH

Are we having a Bash at the Beach '96 rewatch party on July 7 (the 20-year anniversary of the most shocking heel turn of all time and the formation of the n-n-n-new World order)?

I'd join you if I wasn't working that day.

Even though you called me Shitman in the Austin 3:16 thread :(

jonjonaug

Shane wrestled less then a hundred times in his career. Ambrose has probably done more then that this year

90 matches so far this year according to cagematch.net. Last year I believe he was the most active wrestler in the world, clocking in at about 220 matches.

EDIT: That was from compiled matches at the end of 2015, more data provided since then shows that El Ligero wrestled about 10 more matches than that. Dean Ambrose is #2.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I could not believe how god damn loud Cena was during that match, literally yelling out spots at the top of his lungs. It's the first time it actually affected my enjoyment of the match a bit.

They started turning the ring mics up really loud once Kevin Owens showed up and started spending half of his match chattering to the opponent.

Top Bottom