• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

The first Hell in the Cell is the last ***** match in WWF/WWE before Cena/Punk at Money in the Bank 2011. It is Kane's debut. Facts are facts.
Fun facts.

Jesus! wCw sucked. If you weren't in the main event, basically you didn't talk to main eventers. You gotta feel sorry for Chavo & Jericho knowing that you couldn't get pointers from the guys making all of the big bucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K7Nzs5-Mh8&app=desktop

Kuroyume

Banned
The Benoit Jericho podcast is insane. I forgot that Benoit spent two days with his wife and son's dead bodies before killing himself. Fucking nuts. Even put bibles next to their corpses for some reason.

Dude sounded insane from the very start even in the WCW days.

And the story about the family being in the house following the muder was fucking depressing.

And it's fucking sad how Woman/Nancy has been forgotten, whereas the wrestling nerds keep clamoring for Benoit's stuff to get on the network.

The Benoit Jericho podcast is insane. I forgot that Benoit spent two days with his wife and son's dead bodies before killing himself. Fucking nuts. Even put bibles next to their corpses for some reason.

Dude sounded insane from the very start even in the WCW days.

And the story about the family being in the house following the muder was fucking depressing.

And it's fucking sad how Woman/Nancy has been forgotten, whereas the wrestling nerds keep clamoring for Benoit's stuff to get on the network.
I couldn't understand why they were staying in the house after the murder, fucking disgusting man.

And hearing her get choked up when she says, "He murdered! My sister."

That is when it got dark.

Had my second gig as a ring announcer today. Was so much better than the last one. Everyone was amazed it was only my second time. The last match had a title change so I got to bust out my best Howard Finkel "AND NEWWWWWWW" which gave me goosebumps.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's common knowledge to true WCW fans that Schiavonne doesn't come off near as bad as history has made him out to sound and Bobby 'The Booze' Heenan comes off way worse

Shiavonne/Tenay/Stevie Ray is the dream team.

How is Jericho during the interview?
He's not bad at all, you know I've heard folks complain about him but this was probably my first podcast by him and it was great. He was talking about how other people didn't understand what was going on. He talked about how Chris was, etc, basically confirming and agreeing with Sandra.

He's not bad at all, you know I've heard folks complain about him but this was probably my first podcast by him and it was great. He was talking about how other people didn't understand what was going on. He talked about how Chris was, etc, basically confirming and agreeing with Sandra.

Jericho is a good interviewer for the most part, but his ads are horrible. He will pretend he's still talking to his guest as he begins his ad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's common knowledge to true WCW fans that Schiavonne doesn't come off near as bad as history has made him out to sound and Bobby 'The Booze' Heenan comes off way worse

Shiavonne/Tenay/Stevie Ray is the dream team.

Agreed. The only time Tony is bad at all is 1999 when they have him come out all the time with lies about how their matches will end in a finish while the match that is on goes to a fuck finish and so on.

He's basically a more engaged Michael Cole in that he knows some if not all of the moves and isn't easily flustered but unlike Cole is much more of a Fan Favorite announcer taking a side in the same way Ross or Monsoon did.

Heenan...is generally awful in WCW. He did it to be close to his daughter and because the pay was good. He doesn't care about the job anymore, just like Jessie for most of his WCW run. He has some moments of brilliance, stick a microphone in front of someone that talented for three hours a night and they'll still have moments, and the bit where he manages Flair one last time or is commentating on anyone he used to manage you can see the old light return.

Mean Gene is the only WWF to WCW non wrestling talent who did just as good if not better in WCW. The man is a true professional and some of the bits they have him do in the dying days are really quite good, if not jarring from the voice of backstage interviews for the past 15 years.

Stevie Ray is amazing on commentary. He's like the ultimate version of Mongo/Art Donovan. He asks legitimately interesting questions about what is going on though they seem like the sort that would come from someone not intimately involved in wrestling for most of their career.

Zach

God dang Hogan. Of course Sting has to turn heel. Of course. Shockingly decent event overall, though. 1999 is on a roll (kinda)!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if it's possible for me to get a flight to Mexico Tonya Harding Pagano to keep him out of Park vs Pentagon and catch LA Park vs Pentagon while I'm there.

Zach

Schiavone was great. Sure he could get trite or petty at times, but I just attribute it to a high-stress environment.

Heenan will always be the greatest of all time. I agree that he was at his worst in WCW -- but The Brain's worst couldn't completely eliminate his clever one-liners and unbelievable timing. His WCW performances are uneven; they're not consistently good or consistently bad.

I appreciate Tenay for trying to stay on task and make sense of the nonsensical in WCW during some of its more trying creative moments. Or keeping guys focused on the wrestling.

I haven't heard Stevie Ray on commentary yet. I remember Dusty's wacky shenanigans fondly. Zbyszko had his moments. Mongo was a goof that could provide some entertainment. Pepe was a star. Bischoff was pretty bleh in the early Nitro days, and downright atrocious in '99.

I'll stop rambling about WCW announcers or we'll be back in the '80s in a sec.

Zach

Schiavone/Heenan/Dusty is still my all-time dream team

They had a lot of fun together. A team that's having a good time is always better than Schiavone/Heenan hating each other or JBL/whomever bickering all the time. It's infectious either way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They had a lot of fun together. A team that's having a good time is always better than Schiavone/Heenan hating each other or JBL/whomever bickering all the time. It's infectious either way.

Starrcade 1995 is a fun one where they gang up on Tony for actually calling moves like a German Suplex and a Mafia Kick. He gets so flustered!

Zach

Pretty weird watching Jeff Jarrett beat up women every week on RAW lately. I know it's leading to Double J infamously holding up Vince McMahon for cash money before jobbing to Chyna, though, which leads to The Ch-Ch-Ch-Chosen One showing up in WCW as a totally legit main eventer, so I've got that to look forward to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always kind of funny how much the internet hated Zbyscko on commentary and claimed he only wanted to put himself over when Zbyscko was the only commentator putting over the guys who lacked personality on a regular basis, Malenko, Benoit, Face Eddie, Saturn, and a lot of other IWC faves. He also put over Psicosis and Mysterio on a regular basis

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty weird watching Jeff Jarrett beat up women every week on RAW lately. I know it's leading to Double J infamously holding up Vince McMahon for cash money before jobbing to Chyna, though, which leads to The Ch-Ch-Ch-Chosen One showing up in WCW as a totally legit main eventer, so I've got that to look forward to.

JJ is basically the only person to jump ship from WWF to WCW that late in the Attitude Era who didn't do it because they had some personal problem/were out with the company. The list is basically...Goldust and Regal for drug problems. One of the Road Warriors because the other was a fuck up. Meat because he was taping people backstage. Sable and Marc Mero because of the lawsuit...and double J. Everyone else who could was fleeing the other way.

Jericho is a good interviewer for the most part, but his ads are horrible. He will pretend he's still talking to his guest as he begins his ad.
Jr is the same way too.

Have got heard the tij with Chavo? This shit is crazy. Knowing that he could've been in the room with Eddie when he died.... Damn that wouldn't hurt even more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I mean, Jarrett did have a personal problem.

Austin buried the shit out of his midcarder ass

I'm at the ass end of 1998 and its not as if JJ isn't pretty over as a heel if only for trying to cover up Debra who now loves to strip for any possible reason. It's basically a rehash of what got Sable over. The side feud with him being Blue Blazer number 3 is also pretty good and I especially love the combo finisher of a Dragon Sleeper plus a kick to the unprotected groin.

I actually fondly remember hating the fuck out of Double JJ with his ultimate misogynist gimmick that will start up next year.

Guzim

Always kind of funny how much the internet hated Zbyscko on commentary and claimed he only wanted to put himself over when Zbyscko was the only commentator putting over the guys who lacked personality on a regular basis, Malenko, Benoit, Face Eddie, Saturn, and a lot of other IWC faves. He also put over Psicosis and Mysterio on a regular basis

I always loved how he referred to wrestling as a game of human chess.

Anth0ny

I googled it and it closed in 2011 :( I wish

I went around when it opened (like 04?) and it was pretty awesome as a little mark. ALL the merch you could imagine, shirts, belts, books, dvds... a giant screen where you could play the newest PS2 wrestling game, or they'd just play raw/smackdown highlights. it was an awesome store.

unfortunately it closed as wwe became more and more irrelevant, but the store is still there and they still sell wrestling stuff, it's just called "niagara gift store" or something generic. I think they still have trish and edge's handprints on the wall where the store once was. they had to remove benoit's handprints lol

You gotta be kidding me, you have boys in the back mad at chavo & Rey because they tore the fucking house down. Pretty dumb not to make that the main event in MEXICO CITY!

RBH

Cl6hYKkWAAAEhsF.jpg

This tag match took place at the WWE house show (main roster) in Orlando tonight.

You want to talk about delayed selling by the Japanese? Check out Battle Royale. Fucking teenagers no selling gunshot wounds to center mass ruining the sport of Battle Royale.

Top Bottom