• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

miserable

nakamurag5udx.gif

sometimes i can't believe we have Nakamura in NXT

IT'S STILL SURREAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Fox318

If Smackdown is getting 3 hours then prepare for Smackdown to be canceled by the next WWE deal.

I can't imagine anyother network wanting to throw 7 hours of primetime ad money out the window when the audience doesn't stick around for other shows.

If Smackdown is getting 3 hours then prepare for Smackdown to be canceled by the next WWE deal.

I can't imagine anyother network wanting to throw 7 hours of primetime ad money out the window when the audience doesn't stick around for other shows.

Nothing is confirmed yet, maybe it is just a rumour. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Rob Van Dam, Jerry Lynn, Kid Kash, Chris Hamrick, Steve Corino, Dawn Marie, Simon Diamond, Chilly Willy, Sinister Minister, Mikey Whipwreck, Joel Gertner, Cyrus and Balls Mahoney were among those also not flown in.
If this is possibly your last show, why aren't you bringing your top guys for it? Money problems? Or just holding out hope?

On the final edition of WCW Monday Nitro, the WWF hijacks the last fifteen minutes of the broadcast and goes to a simulcast of WWF Raw, ruining WCW’s plans to use the final fifteen minutes for a main event between former WCW World Champions David Arquette and Vince Russo

😂 is this really real?

klonere

Banned
I thought they only would bring in guys with upward mobility to the WWE? Its why Sami Callihan isn't with Evolve?

People think Gabe and Hero were working the sheets to further the main event storyline they have going on right now. It's plausible imo. Callihan just had his run for the moment, Hero still has a lot left and I wouldn't be shocked if he won the title at the next show, aborting this so-so Thatcher experiment they have going.

Anth0ny

Look at Luke Gallows: a nothing character in WWE, got released, then made a fucking name for himself in the indies/Japan, and came back to WWE as a legit star.

If Gallows can do that, I think Cody could absolutely make himself a superstar outside of the WWE. As well as Wade Barrett. As well as Sandow. As well as a good half of the WWE roster, honestly. Of course you may risk your Tensai scenarios, but I don't know how much you could have done with Albert anyways.

It also means sacrificing money now... to potentially make a ton more later. you need a certain amount of ambition to take that "risk".

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Look at Luke Gallows: a nothing character in WWE, got released, then made a fucking name for himself in the indies/Japan, and came back to WWE as a legit star.

If Gallows can do that, I think Cody could absolutely make himself a superstar outside of the WWE. As well as Wade Barrett. As well as Sandow. As well as a good half of the WWE roster, honestly. Of course you may risk your Tensai scenarios, but I don't know how much you could have done with Albert anyways.

It also means sacrificing money now... to potentially make a ton more later. you need a certain amount of ambition to take that "risk".

Cody isn't 6'8"

DMczaf

That moment when you find out a really cute girl (she has 3 kids tho.....) in the office is really into wrestling...

BUT shes a Roman fan. #notsafe

Sephzilla

That moment when you find out a really cute girl (she has 3 kids tho.....) in the office is really into wrestling...

BUT shes a Roman fan. #notsafe

#GlassHalfFull

You'd have someone to complete the other half of the "Let's Go Roman / Roman Sucks" chant

Wrestling a lot leads to injrues. wow wo would have thought

Chris Harrington did some great work in noting the correlation between the wrestlers with the most matches in a given year, and significant injuries the next year. It makes sense because one key WWE guy, a few months back, was saying that they rely so much on Seth Rollins as far as the schedule and ring time is concerned, and he figured that the guy’s body was going to break down. Very shortly after, he suffered the ACL tear.

In 2014, Cesaro worked the most matches and the next year he suffered a torn rotator cuff that needed surgery. In his case, it’s not just that he works hard in the ring, but also lifts very heavy. Rollins was second. Jey Uso was sixth and needed shoulder surgery the next year. Goldust was seventh and also needed shoulder surgery the next year.

This also correlates to what I wrote a few weeks ago regarding the preponderance of shoulder injuries in WWE in the last year, although Goldust and Randy Orton wouldn’t be guys who would be doing their weight training at the performance center.

In 2013, the guy who worked the most matches was Daniel Bryan, and he had the neck injury which put him out for much of 2014, before the concussion injury this year. Reigns, who was sixth, had the hernia, as did Ryback, who was seventh.

In 2012, the guy who worked the most matches was Sheamus, who ended up needing surgery for a torn labrum (shoulder) the next year. Kingston was fourth and had a shoulder injury.

These results may be a good indication, similar to the number of pitches that pitchers are throwing (which has changed in modern times), to monitor the amount of matches people work during a year. With Reigns and Ambrose both working so many dates in 2015 because of their value to the company, history would put them in the high-risk category for a major injury sometime this year, and they are two of the most valuable performers on the roster right now.

Recall

I don't watch WWE TV, do we have any matches lined up for the MITB PPV or is it too early for anything to be announced yet?

After Extreme Rules, I guess Seth is having a title match?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
alternatively:

become a superstar outside of the wwe until vince dies, then come back

I guess I just don't see what any of you see in Cody. Is Cody gonna join the Bullet Club? Festus has a job literally because he was a guy in Bullet Club. Note that all of the other marketable guys in Bullet Club are in WWE; hell, the only reason Kenny Omega isn't in WWE is because he actively turned them down multiple times.

Top Bottom