• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

AColdDay

Long time ago, BoboBrazil mentioned something about Syn Sophia wanting to do another wrestling game.

For 2K, its pointless for them to drop Yukes. The games sell very well and they barely add any new content aside from minor tweaks and roster updates.

I want to say that I read somewhere that Syn Sophia were totally unaware that their games had this lasting legacy and had become a cult classic in the West. I wish I could find where I read(or listened to) that.

Toki767

Same, bad timing. I figured he'd be the one to win the title from Balor, then Joe would feud with him. Roh!

Yeah...then they got Nakamura.

NXT is so odd these days. Like...it's great, but I don't really any sort of pecking order in their title division after Joe/Nakamura/Balor.

I guess the next tier would be what, Aries? It would've been Crews and Corbin, but they got called up way too early.

NXT is so odd these days. Like...it's great, but I don't really any sort of pecking order in their title division after Joe/Nakamura/Balor.

I guess the next tier would be what, Aries? It would've been Crews and Corbin, but they got called up way too early.

Damo is heading to NXT you can bet he will end up in the title picture.

They have too much good talent but only three belts and I'd hate for them to add another title(that's just me though) because it works for them. Although the draft is coming up, you'd hate for some guys to get lost on sd or Raw when they deserve to be treated so much better. I really would like that Kenta and Joe match, also a Kenta & Suke.

RBH

WWE 2K17 cover reveal and trailer:

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/747419832056844291?lang=en

Cl95LRTUgAE-Y6Q.jpg

Edit: I'm way late lol

DMczaf

According to Meltzer, WWE officials finally found out about Mark Hunt over the last week, so expect them to go completely quiet about Brock's match now lol

Toki767

They have too much good talent but only three belts and I'd hate for them to add another title(that's just me though) because it works for them. Although the draft is coming up, you'd hate for some guys to get lost on sd or Raw when they deserve to be treated so much better. I really would like that Kenta and Joe match, also a Kenta & Suke.

They definitely don't need extra belts. I think it's really impressive that at this point, all 3 titles are almost on equal footing with one another (although I guess the tag titles will never main event a Takeover).

I think Nakamura and Asuka are probably the safest to not be drafted over this year. For whatever reason.

Kaladin

They definitely don't need extra belts. I think it's really impressive that at this point, all 3 titles are almost on equal footing with one another (although I guess the tag titles will never main event a Takeover).

I think Nakamura and Asuka are probably the safest to not be drafted over this year. For whatever reason.

Tag titles very well could main event a Takeover. There was a time in ROH when their tag team division main evented for a while. It just takes the right teams.

Toki767

Tag titles very well could main event a Takeover. There was a time in ROH when their tag team division main evented for a while. It just takes the right teams.

But they don't have the right teams is the thing. It's really odd that they even took the titles off American Alpha already since if any team were ever going to be the right team to main event a Takeover, it would be them.

Fox318

According to Meltzer, WWE officials finally found out about Mark Hunt over the last week, so expect them to go completely quiet about Brock's match now lol

Where did he say this?

God I wonder what the mindset of Vince or HHH when it comes to watching shooto or MMA.

Somebody like Roy Nelson:

Roy+Nelson+Knockouts+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+UFC+Fight+Night+Abu+Dhabi.gif

or even how they thought Bart Gunn would beat butterbean.

What do you mean?

We'll see how it goes, I think Joe endz up leaving nxt before the end of the year and Nakamura probably leaves after Mania next year. They gotta get that good run from Suke lol.

Bert409

Whenever Meltzer mentions "WWE officials" doing dumb, he's pretty much just talking about Vince and maybe Steph or Dunn, right? I doubt there's anybody else in there that out of touch and delusional.

klonere

Banned
Where did he say this?

God I wonder what the mindset of Vince or HHH when it comes to watching shooto or MMA.

Somebody like Roy Nelson:

Roy+Nelson+Knockouts+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+UFC+Fight+Night+Abu+Dhabi.gif

or even how they thought Bart Gunn would beat butterbean.

He's fat

How does he do on the morning talk shows

Can his body put up with working 300+ days a year

He looks short. Nothing worse than that.

Jobber at best.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

NXT Kayfabe rankings:

A: Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura
A-: Finn Balor
B+: Austin Aries, the Revival, American Alpha
B: No Way Jose, Andrade Almas, Ciampa & Gargano
B-: Tye Dillinger
C: Buddy Murphy, Wesley Blake

Fox318

Who has a better shot at winning their next UFC fight: CM Punk or Brock Lesnar?

Brock hands down.

He's a better athlete than Punk without the injury history even with the few feet of removed intestines Brock has to deal with.

Plus even though Brock is fighting one of the best heavyweight strikers in the world he is a bit older than Brock and Brock will most likely charge for a double and try to take the fight to the ground where based off brock's previous fights and if he kept of with his wrestling with the WWE he should have the advantage.

Punk is fighting a young upstart without years of history and a longer history of training for fighting.

Plus Punk isn't very athletic and what little we know about his training he hasn't been great on the ground and lost 15 of 16 of his test fights.

Kaladin

Brock is a fighter than can surprise you. His size and speed in the octogon are still IMO un-matched and if he's trained well and anywhere close to his prime, a Top 10 heavyweight contender might as well be a can to him.

The only question mark is his time off from UFC.

DMczaf

Where did he say this?

One of the last Observer Radios.

He said "WWE Officials" just figured out Mark Hunt last week, in that they found out Mark Hunt is a legit heavyweight with knockout power.

Remember those jokes about Vince just seeing a photo of Mark Hunt and laughing it off because HES FAT? Those jokes were damn close to the truth...

Brock is a fighter than can surprise you. His size and speed in the octogon are still IMO un-matched and if he's trained well and anywhere close to his prime, a Top 10 heavyweight contender might as well be a can to him.

The only question mark is his time off from UFC.

There is also his reaction to being hit which has been proven to be less than ideal and Mrk Hunt has dramatically improved his takedown defence.

Fox318

He said "WWE Officials" just figured out Mark Hunt last week, in that they found out Mark Hunt is a legit heavyweight with knockout power.

Remember those jokes about Vince just seeing a photo of Mark Hunt and laughing it off because HES FAT? Those jokes were damn close to the truth...

In an ideal world Brock would be fighting Josh Barnett while the WWE promoted it with clips of Billy Robeson and the connection MMA has with guys like Nick Bockwinkle, Vern Gange, Ken Shamrock, Dan Sevren, or even a Jack Brisco.

Hell you could even bring up UFC HAll of Famer Don Frye was trained to be a pro wrestler by the same man that trained Brock.(Brad Rheingans)

Thanks for elaborating.

Aiii

So not worth it
I want Punk to win so badly now. I don't really care about Punk, but boy everyone is banking so hard on him to get rekt that I need to see the crow get eaten and then some.

I also hope this whole "he lost 15 of his 16 practice fights was him working the rumor mill, because lol Vegas bookies.

You go, Phil, you go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want Punk to win so badly now. I don't really care about Punk, but boy everyone is banking so hard on him to get rekt that I need to see the crow get eaten and then some.

I also hope this whole "he lost 15 of his 16 practice fights was him working the rumor mill, because lol Vegas bookies.

You go, Phil, you go.

Just admit it. You don't want me gone for a whole year. <3

I knew you'd come around!

But yes, even though I'm not thrilled about it. You?

Same. Ain't much of a choice really.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, you didn't actually bet your account for a year, did you?

Yup. I like some high stakes, and I hate Punk, but this means if he wins, there's a silver lining. If he loses, there's a silver lining.

I can't lose!

Wait I thought Sunny was on the side of #PunkLoses

Nope. #PunkWins baby!

He's going to get demolished, but its fun to have high stakes.

Top Bottom