• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not feeling too many of the entrants so far other than Kamataichi and Cobb who were pretty much locks already. Hope they have more surprises.

Haskins, Dunne & Gallagher are all fantastic additions, three of the best talents in British wrestling at the moment and I'm real glad they're getting to show what they can do in the US.

CmEiiC8UgAAU-Gr.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd say that Irie being in BOLA would be awesome but I don't think he's big enough overseas to get that spot, sadly.

Maybe Joey could get him in. He'd win the crowds over instantly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I said, there will be no salt if Punk wins because there's an alibi for either way

If he loses, it's because he's a 37 year old banged up former pro wrestler with no real athletic accomplishments
If he wins, the media circus around Punk ensures that it's fixed and that Dana threw him a lob to knock out the park.

The media surrounding his match that they've played into makes it not seem on the level one way or the other. It's curious to see him talk about WWE being slave drivers or whatever when UFC does that to their own fighters and guys like Belfort and both Diaz brothers have said they treat their athletes like shit if they ain't the chosen ones.

but I guess that doesn't apply to some ex-celeb bucket list 'i wanna do ufc for funsies' types.

dream

The most telling thing about ROH

If you look at a WWE crowd, you see a lot of NXT and WWE t-shirts
If you look at a NJPW crowd, you see a lot of NJPW shirts
If you look at a TNA crowd, if you see any wrestling shirts, it's TNA ones

If you look at an ROH crowd, you see wrestling shirts from people from other wrestling promotions who maybe had a cup of coffee in ROH at best or someone who's been gone for year.s You'll see Bullet Club, Kevin Owens, Nakamura shirts. You barely see Briscoes or Lethals or Bobby Fish shirts You watch the intro for ROH tv,

The overwhelming majority of the intro for ROH tv is of dudes who WERE in ROH who are in WWE now. And despite all the shit TNA gets for 'ex-WWE guys', at least TNA hypes up guys who are in their promotion NOW. Where as ROH is doing WWE marketing for them. 'Hey remember these great guys who were here? Well they're not here anymore theyr'e on this other show! Watch that!' The top sellers on their shop involve the names Kevin Steen, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, and AJ Styles. The only exception is Nigel McGuinness who has been long since retired and would have left them for WWE had he not had his health issues.
rohringsidediscount.png

This is on the front page of their shop.

He's still doing that. Now he's just 'serious' Ric Flair.

You're speaking some very uncomfortable truths, friend. People constantly and openly wish for TNA to fold, which confuses me because TNA at least has an identity of its own. As you've pointed out, ROH's identity is "a bunch of guys used to work here," and I really have no idea why this company still exists other than being some sort of tax shelter.

Hycran

Banned
People talking about raw ratings when last nights raw was one of the worst in recent memory. Had nothing to do with Deanetty being champion.

I'm hoping the brand split re-energizes both sets of writers to come out with some compelling content, because ad - promo - ad - jobber entrance - ad - rest hold - ad - finish needs some work

Kuroyume

Banned
People talking about raw ratings when last nights raw was one of the worst in recent memory. Had nothing to do with Deanetty being champion.

Really? Felt like a solid show despite a couple of crappy things here and there. I'm sure I've seen at least 10 worse Raws this year if not more.

I'm hoping the brand split re-energizes both sets of writers to come out with some compelling content, because ad - promo - ad - jobber entrance - ad - rest hold - ad - finish needs some work

Just watched it. I'm so fucking tired of the club showing up at the end of every decent match for some fuckery finish because nothing can be committed to apparently. LIke there's literally 2-3 matches worth watching per month and the club shows up every time.

Lol most people here actually found it to be decent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hip Hop Man that is very not PG
safdsafsddsfq1k42.gif

I think Liga Elite has become my absolute no 1 'if I could see any show' destination now. The crowds are so hot for every match, they don't break into singing chants, I rarely hear the god damn horns, everyone there looks like they're having a good time.

Latest international tournament is really impressive too. They actually went for an international tournament instead of 'big stars from Mexico, USA, Western Europe and Japan'. There's some dudes in there too, but there's a lot of guys in there with a bunch of different styles and countries.
Gb9DmWE.jpg

DJ Zema was incredible during his match. Halfway through it, he got the crowd way hotter for the match than they were at the start. Best I've ever seen him perform. It's a shame they cut up Tonga vs Chicano because what they showed looked like the best I've seen of Tonga. Him and Chicano seem to work real well together. Lio Rush vs Tita was exciting for two young guys and I was surprised that the crowds got behind both of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Really? Felt like a solid show despite a couple of crappy things here and there. I'm sure I've seen at least 10 worse Raws this year if not more.
Raw has been good since WM but last nights was pretty horrible. They tried to use Roman's drug suspension to get Roman over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bootaaay, have you ever had the pleasure of a DTU show?
rfffgvdvfdqmkcg.gif

I highly recommend it. DTU, where BJW and CZW look like professional stunt men coordinated it. DTU, 'Fake light tubes and weakened glass? We don't have the budget for that! Just use the real shit!'

I kid you not, after the pin attempt on this, Aeroboy sits up and just starts screaming bloody murder. They had Ciclope and Violent Jack on a FREEDOMS show and Jun Kasai looked sane by comparison.

XenoRaven

Bootaaay, have you ever had the pleasure of a DTU show?
rfffgvdvfdqmkcg.gif

I highly recommend it. DTU, where BJW and CZW look like professional stunt men coordinated it. DTU, 'Fake light tubes and weakened glass? We don't have the budget for that! Just use the real shit!'

I kid you not, after the pin attempt on this, Aeroboy sits up and just starts screaming bloody murder. They had Ciclope and Violent Jack on a FREEDOMS show and Jun Kasai looked sane by comparison.
I like how the opponent has to physically hold him down for the pinfall.

Top Bottom