• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Toki767

I really hope they ditch the World Heavyweight Championship name. Just call it the World Championship.

Adding Heavyweight in there just implies that there's some sort of weight limit when there isn't. Plus it just makes the name longer for no reason.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone credible actually said there would be two titles? Or are people pooping all across their bedspreads about a name change?

Alucard

Banned
The weeks since they announced the draft have revealed what the WWE has always thought of wrestling fans: they have short attention spans, short memories, and are generally not that bright.

"BRING BACK BIG GOLD."
"THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER TITLE."

Big gold was unified with the WWE Championship to create the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Unless they retract the unification, "bringing back" big gold wouldn't make a lick of sense based on the WWE's own narrative history. But then again, this company does think its fans are morons, so maybe I'm overreacting.

Barrage

New Day don't need to break up anytime soon. There's still money in a heel turn and a feud VS Enzo and Cass.

And don't forget American Alpha will be coming up soon.

Sephzilla

I just think adding another world title devalues all of the other titles. Just make the IC and US titles exclusive to each show and make the World Title something that floats between both.

klonere

Banned
The weeks since they announced the draft have revealed what the WWE has always thought of wrestling fans: they have short attention spans, short memories, and are generally not that bright.

"BRING BACK BIG GOLD."
"THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER TITLE."

Big gold was unified with the WWE Championship to create the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Unless they retract the unification, "bringing back" big gold wouldn't make a lick of sense based on the WWE's own narrative history. But then again, this company does think its fans are morons, so maybe I'm overreacting.

They don't give a flying fuck what makes sense or not. Just look at what happened after Mania this year - every single result overturned or forgotten in some way.

jmdajr

New Day don't need to break up anytime soon. There's still money in a heel turn and a feud VS Enzo and Cass.

And don't forget American Alpha will be coming up soon.

Just like people back in the day needed managers, some folks just need to be part of a group to be successful. And there isn't anything wrong with it.

Fox318

I just think adding another world title devalues all of the other titles. Just make the IC and US titles exclusive to each show and make the World Title something that floats between both.

Its about the house shows.

They want a world title to headline each show.

I'd rather they had the world champ be a moving target that everyone is chasing but they make "movies" its why somebody like a Kevin Owens never has anything to say about Roman or the main event picture.

Cagey

Banned
WWE doesn't care what makes sense, but they do care what makes cents.

Shane being in the fold is the latter whether or not it's the former.

Sephzilla

Yeah, WrestleMania 32 is pretty much the definitive example of "WWE doesn't care about what makes sense"

Its about the house shows.

They want a world title to headline each show

so what you're saying is WWE is falling prey to one of the problems that doomed boxing

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Just like people back in the day needed managers, some folks just need to be part of a group to be successful. And there isn't anything wrong with it.

This so much. I really hate that the WWE wants to turn everyone into a singles star or bust. Tag teams/managers are fantastic. Not just tag teams, stables never last either. Nowadays everyone has to be able to talk for themselves or fail. Its why Cesaro or even Nakamura will never be top guys in the WWE. Hell, if he was just starting out Brock Lesnar would be a bust since he's shit on the mic.

Fox318

Yeah, WrestleMania 32 is pretty much the definitive example of "WWE doesn't care about what makes sense"

so what you're saying is WWE is falling prey to one of the problems that doomed boxing

Except in boxing they have the equivalent of jobber matches to get guys records up and so many titles that champs may never have to fight another champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If WWE does do another title, it makes perfect sense as these are separate brands with separate PPVs. I don't know why they would run brand specific PPVs without a champion. And no, making someone defend on both isn't great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
More WWE hypocrisy that's always funny to watch:

Russo's WCW booking, and some of his WWF booking to be fair, got flogged for 'more is more. Always have more. Always have things going on.' And what is WWE currently doing?

bjork

That dude in the Top Nintendo Games thread went balls-deep on his love for Earthbound. He sounds like one of you guys talking about some flippy brit or slappy asian wrassler or me talking about diesel

It doesn't matter the era. It doesn't matter if this came out in the 90s or if it came out now. This is, in my opinion, the de facto greatest, and most important videogame ever created, period. People may scoff or even laugh at that idea, but it's so obvious to me. The build of this game transcends the normal critiques we usually associate to determine whether a game is good or not. It transcends gameplay conventions and reaches a level very few games can reach, that of having true artistic merit, next to the likes of the Mona Lisa, or The Persistence of Memory. It's a carefully crafted game where every line of text is meant to tell a story, and evoke a real memory from your life. It's a game where the world is what you make of it, and discovery on your own is encouraged. It's a game where leveling up means something more personal, beyond having a stronger character to get further in the game. Everything in the game is meant to evoke nostalgia of your life, your personal life, your personal feelings, and your personal experiences. No other game has done it nearly close to as well as Earthbound. You cannot approach it as a regular game. It is one of the few games I can think of, where you can confidently say that you cannot convert it to any other medium. It can't be a movie, or a show, or a cartoon, or a comic. It wouldn't work. Not just the best Nintendo game, but the greatest videogame achievement, is Earthbound.

like whoa man

jmdajr

If WWE does do another title, it makes perfect sense as these are separate brands with separate PPVs. I don't know why they would run brand specific PPVs without a champion. And no, making someone defend on both isn't great.

That's pretty much how the brand split ended.

'This week only on Smackdown!"

Until it meant nothing. There was never an official end date that I remember.

What are the odds Enzo & Cass break up from the brand split? Since they're giving Cass a lot more talk time, and it's quite obvious they want him getting a push when he's well, seven foot tall.

Aiii

So not worth it
That dude in the Top Nintendo Games thread went balls-deep on his love for Earthbound. He sounds like one of you guys talking about some flippy brit or slappy asian wrassler or me talking about diesel

like whoa man

It isn't even the best game in its genre on the system it came out on.

This is why I barely go to Gaming Side.

I didn't see Big E's single run, but based on his tag stuff he's just as one dimensional move wise as Roman or any other bigger wrestler. He's got a lot more charisma and fans love him, but he aint exactly being diverse. Then again it's hard to be diverse in your move set when every damn match you're in is a 82 man tag match where everyone is just doing spots.

What are the odds Enzo & Cass break up from the brand split? Since they're giving Cass a lot more talk time, and it's quite obvious they want him getting a push when he's well, seven foot tall.

They're far too over to do that now. Though they did do it with the Dudleyz so what do I know

bjork

It isn't even the best game in its genre on the system it came out on.

This is why I barely go to Gaming Side.

I worked in a wal-mart that had an entire rolling rack of new copies of Earthbound for $19.99 and even at that price I wouldn't bite.

I forgot to bring this up but it just popped into my head:

How STUPID was the AJ bicycle kick into Dean's stupid ass rope save. That move cannot look any more stupid than it does, but yet every time he does it it looks worse.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Yeah, I don't get Earthbound. Its kind of unique I guess, but its just never been appealing to me no matter how many times I try it out. I don't know that it would even crack a top 10 SNES RPG list for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best way to enjoy gaming side and off-topic really is to use the new thread twitter.

Because 99% of topics fill up and distract quickly 'who can climb on a higher horse and drive the thread off rails' contest or a 'who can make epic first post brah and avatar quotes the most'

imBask

Banned
If Steph was smart and really wanted Dean to lose the title, she'd make a match with a "no stupid springboard clothesline thingy" stipulation

Top Bottom