• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Aiii

So not worth it
Sasha should go back to brown hair. I'm sick of the women's defining characteristic on the main roster being their hair color.

Agreed, none of it looks particularly well either. Becky is orange enough without adding the orange hair and Sasha's complexion clashes completely with the bright pink, but she recently went for a darker shade which is better.

Still, do some colored highlights instead. Paige has this figured out.

Ithil

im pretty sure she has had work done but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i feel hideously creepy even talking about so I will stop now

Eh. People thought the same of Paige, after she invested in some of those iron bras.

Sasha should go back to brown hair. I'm sick of the women's defining characteristic on the main roster being their hair color.

Yeah it's like they want to colour catalog all the women at this point.

Charlotte/Natalya = Blonde
Dana = Bright blonde/white
Becky = Orange
Sasha = Pink
Paige = Black
Eva Marie = Red

Etc. The only colour have have multiples of is blonde. I mean are you really going to confuse Sasha and Becky if they have their natural brown hair?

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah it's like they want to colour catalog all the women at this point.

They actually do this, you know.

As an example, Kaitlyn:
She admits it was “a process” to get the change approved and management was “very against” her changing her hair color due to the recognizability of the two-toned style. She says before becoming Divas Champion and having her feud with AJ Lee, she needed that recognizable hair color. Now that she’s made a name for herself, she doesn’t.

Ithil

They actually do this, you know.

As an example, Kaitlyn:

Of course they do.
Asuka, I simply can't tell you apart from Nia Jax without your hair being a bright colour, or possibly several.

I'm aware Asuka had dyed hair long before WWE.

Zach

I don't even know the lady wrestlers' names. I just refer to them by their hairstyles. Remember when Ponytail beat Red in a classic?

Sephzilla

I have some bad news

Then
2976b70068313c0cd99102cffcad322a_crop_north.jpg

Now
Sasha-Banks-645x370.jpg

It's amazing how much of a difference a brazier can make

Sephzilla

MLW did an interview with Dave Batista. Here is some quotes:

On the Wrestlemania match:

On not having a match with Bryan:

On the Shield matches:

He also wanted to come back as a heel but Vince thought the fans would welcome him back so he came back as a face.

As for the Wrestlemania quote I doubt after the match anyone in the crowd had that thought.

Well he's not wrong, breaking up The Shield just after Evolution put them over was dumb.

Sephzilla

It strikes me as weird that Batista would complain about WWE having Bryan no-sell a WM beatdown the next night. The dude had a few feuds with Cena, he should already be used to superstars no-selling.

Kaladin

I felt like they could have The Shield go on a couple more months, but the break up angle was well done and the timing of it was part of the shock factor. Big Dave is missing the big picture though. They didn't make The Shield team look like a million bucks, they made Seth Rollins look like a million bucks and set him up as a top guy for the next year or so.

Roman and Dean are different stories...it took them some time to look like a million bucks. Hell, Roman is still a few thousand short.

imBask

Banned
motherfucking flammable stealing my spots

Sounds like he had a pretty shit time on his comeback and wanted to vent!

That's WWE's fault for trying to bury the Bryan hype and thinking people would welcome Batista over him. He's basically blaming Bryan for no selling, but none of that would've happened if they didn't shove Batista down our throat

also he's the idiot who chose to wear a bright blue speedo for the first time ever, don't blame the fans

Sephzilla

Nah, the timing of the breakup was still really bad. Seth should have turned during the match against Evolution - not after already beating them.

imBask

Banned
Nah, the timing of the breakup was still really bad. Seth should have turned during the match against Evolution - not after already beating them.

I don't know I liked the timing, i'm not gonna shit on that since it's the last good storyline they did. At some point we can't just complain about everything, we gotta give them credit sometimes

I felt like they could have The Shield go on a couple more months, but the break up angle was well done and the timing of it was part of the shock factor. Big Dave is missing the big picture though. They didn't make The Shield team look like a million bucks, they made Seth Rollins look like a million bucks and set him up as a top guy for the next year or so.

Roman and Dean are different stories...it took them some time to look like a million bucks. Hell, Roman is still a few thousand short.

Nah, if they were putting over any of the 3 Shield members in the Evolution feud, it was Reigns. Hell, they had Triple H basically spend an entire promo fellating him while barely mentioning Seth or Dean. How they broke up afterwords is also pretty telling since Seth and Dean feuded in the midcard while Reigns was injected straight into the WWE Title picture, followed by a feud with The Authority's centerpiece Randy Orton.

klonere

Banned
That's WWE's fault for trying to bury the Bryan hype and thinking people would welcome Batista over him. He's basically blaming Bryan for no selling, but none of that would've happened if they didn't shove Batista down our throat

also he's the idiot who chose to wear a bright blue speedo for the first time ever, don't blame the fans

Did you not read the bit where he say "they" told Bryan not to sell the injuries? He wasn't going after Bryan at all, he was going after the company for enforcing terrible psychology that hurts their performers and the performances. I don't think he was particularly railing against the fans either - in other interviews he's said "I'd boo me!". It's all about how horrible the handling of his return was behind the scenes, not the fans hijacking the show.

As for Bluetista, well the New Day wear purple/pink and have light up dilods on thier heads but because the people love them its no problem. If they had been wearing that from the get go, ie a terribly judged introduction that would never get over with the crowd, just like Batista, they would have gotten the same stick Batista would have gotten.

I'm not seeing the whining, just a statement of what happened and how he felt about it.

Kaladin

Nah, if they were putting over any of the 3 Shield members in the Evolution feud, it was Reigns. Hell, they had Triple H basically spend an entire promo fellating him while barely mentioning Seth or Dean. How they broke up afterwords is also pretty telling since Seth and Dean feuded in the midcard while Reigns was injected straight into the WWE Title, followed by a feud with The Authority's centerpiece Randy Orton.

They wanted Reigns to be over, but he wasn't. It did however work for Seth who feuded with Dean and eventually replaced Orton as The Authority's champ.

The Shield was set up to make all three guys as top tier talent. The only one the Evolution angle and break up worked immediately for was Seth. Dean and Roman took more time and several other angles before anything really clicked with them at the top level.

imBask

Banned
Did you not read the bit where he say "they" told Bryan not to sell the injuries? He wasn't going after Bryan at all, he was going after the company for enforcing terrible psychology that hurts their performers and the performances. I don't think he was particularly railing against the fans either - in other interviews he's said "I'd boo me!". It's all about how horrible the handling of his return was behind the scenes, not the fans hijacking the show.

As for Bluetista, well the New Day wear purple/pink and have light up dilods on thier heads but because the people love them its no problem. If they had been wearing that from the get go, ie a terribly judged introduction that would never get over with the crowd, just like Batista, they would have gotten the same stick Batista would have gotten.

I'm not seeing the whining, just a statement of what happened and how he felt about it.

alright on the Bryan thing, the blue thing I disagree though, it really clashed and was way too flashy for a guy like Batista, nobody expected that from him and that's why it stuck... It was just a weird ass decision to make, especially since he was with Evolution and the blue had nothing to do with the other 2

Replaying Resident Evil 5 on the PS4, such a damn good game.

RE5 killed my favorite franchise

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Steph/Hunter quote about not thinking Guardians would do any good is fucking ridiculous in hindsight. In context it makes a little sense since NOBODY knew Guardians was going to do as well as it did, but even then their response was harsh.

Nah. Everyone expected Guardians to be a hard sell because it wasn't dealing with the heroes most people know. It was a nice surprise, honestly.

The whole podcast was great, though. Dave's too good for wrasslin' fans and it shows. We never deserved him.

Him regretting not being in ring shape for his return was a sad moment. And he was right, just as he was getting some momentum and getting back to how he needed to be, he had to leave. I miss him.

klonere

Banned
The other issue is nobody gave a shit about Evolution when they came back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8WzgEg_Vss

Jesus, what the fuck IS this? The commentary sounds like they are on valium ("...oh no..." "one of the greatest teams of all time..."). The crowd doesn't give the slightest of shits, even the Evolution guys themselves decided to go with the most low energy, plodding, uninspiring entrance. Orton is on total autopilot (but look at those calf muscles!), Haitch is living out one of his power fantasies again, telling the geeks to get out of the ring and Batista is there.

Bryan was a miracle worker to salvage anything good from this.

Nah. Everyone expected Guardians to be a hard sell because it wasn't dealing with the heroes most people know. It was a nice surprise, honestly.

The whole podcast was great, though. Dave's too good for wrasslin' fans and it shows. We never deserved him.

Him regretting not being in ring shape for his return was a sad moment. And he was right, just as he was getting some momentum and getting back to how he needed to be, he had to leave. I miss him.

*spend the entire time laying out how the company fucked up everything about his return, how they didn't care when he left, didn't let him pursue outside opportunities like they had others and how he doesn't really blame the fans for the whole debacle*

"Yes definitely the wrestling fans gotta take an L here, nothing wrong on the organizational, creative or personnel management level at all"

VU2AAiL.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sasha strapped a portable heater that consists of a pan that holds hot coals to her chest because it's the only way she has heat during her long absence?

What absence are you referring to?

Jesus, what the fuck IS this? The commentary sounds like they are on valium ("...oh no..." "one of the greatest teams of all time..."). The crowd doesn't give the slightest of shits, even the Evolution guys themselves decided to go with the most low energy, plodding, uninspiring entrance. Orton is on total autopilot (but look at those calf muscles!), Haitch is living out one of his power fantasies again, telling the geeks to get out of the ring and Batista is there.

And Batista, you heartless piece of asshole!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Well he's not wrong, breaking up The Shield just after Evolution put them over was dumb.

I don't think they had much of an option at that point because they didn't have any main event level stars after CM Punk, Batista and Bryan all left the company within a 6 month or so span.

If I recall correctly, the main event scene at that point was basically just Cena, Orton and Lesnar, who was a part timer. Once the Shield broke up, practically every single main event since then has been someone in the Shield, frequently all three of them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think they had much of an option at that point because they didn't have any main event level stars after CM Punk, Batista and Bryan all left the company within a 6 month or so span.

If I recall correctly, the main event scene at that point was basically just Cena, Orton and Lesnar, who was a part timer. Once the Shield broke up, practically every single main event since then has been someone in the Shield, frequently all three of them.

Yeah, it was unfortunate that they did that due to a big vacuum in their main event scene. Because like Dave said, they could have milked it for AGES.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Bryan wasn't even around for the angle as I recall it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I have no context for Big Dave :( He seems like a super cool dude and I probably would have liked him a lot. His heel stuff seems incredible.

What! You missed all the joy?!

Oh my GOODNESS, friend. I'm sure there's some illegal wrasslin torrent place out there that'll have a "Dave Batista's final run" from 2010, ending at Over the Limit and his retirement on the Raw after. My god. Top tier Batista.

Here, enjoy one of his promos. I promise its worth the time. Natural heel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slpDUOZWHlE

What! You missed all the joy?!

Oh my GOODNESS, friend. I'm sure there's some illegal wrasslin torrent place out there that'll have a "Dave Batista's final run" from 2010, ending at Over the Limit and his retirement on the Raw after. My god. Top tier Batista.

Here, enjoy one of his promos. I promise its worth the time. Natural heel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slpDUOZWHlE
Fuck Wrestling, it's nothing but trash.
juSZ0vgh.jpg

jonjonaug

They wanted Reigns to be over, but he wasn't. It did however work for Seth who feuded with Dean and eventually replaced Orton as The Authority's champ.

The Shield was set up to make all three guys as top tier talent. The only one the Evolution angle and break up worked immediately for was Seth. Dean and Roman took more time and several other angles before anything really clicked with them at the top level.

Dean clicked pretty much immediately at the top level in his feud with Rollins. Reigns was the one that fell apart in his feud with Orton. It was kinda gross how they went "oh no, the Ambrose feud is more over than the Reigns one" and tried to swap Ambrose and Reigns' positions before Reigns had hernia problems.

Top Bottom