• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

jmdajr

On D. Bry

“Even if I hate a guy, I’d hate to see him get hurt, but I love the guy and it’s a bum way to go out, but living is more important than silly pro wrestling, and I’m glad he’s alive and it sucks that he can’t do what he wants to do, but he’ll find something else to do; the smart ones always do.”

heh. What a fucking douche.

You'll never stop watching. You're a lifer. No matter what they do, you come back to them.
images

Roman-Reigns-pins-Daniel-Bryan-WWE-Fast-Lane.jpg

Reigns_pin.0.0.png

One day, I'll find the will.
plz

klonere

Banned
What! You missed all the joy?!

Oh my GOODNESS, friend. I'm sure there's some illegal wrasslin torrent place out there that'll have a "Dave Batista's final run" from 2010, ending at Over the Limit and his retirement on the Raw after. My god. Top tier Batista.

Here, enjoy one of his promos. I promise its worth the time. Natural heel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slpDUOZWHlE

It goes on the list.

The list is long, sadly.

Bryan wasn't even around for the angle as I recall it.

Ah, so I assume Evolutions return was a long time before WM30?

heh. What a fucking douche.

Am I mis-reading these quotes because nothing in this comes off as douchey. Pro-wrestling IS silly when compared to your long term physical and mental health especially when planning to have a kid.

I am assuming this is about Bryan

Aiii

So not worth it
In an update on WWE calling Dean Ambrose the WWE Champion on this week’s RAW, the name change has now been updated on the WWE website as well. The title is now referred to as the WWE Championship instead of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Guess the Big Gold Belt is making a comeback after all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It goes on the list.

The list is long, sadly.

Ah, so I assume Evolutions return was a long time before WM30?

Am I mis-reading these quotes because nothing in this comes off as douchey. Pro-wrestling IS silly when compared to your long term physical and mental health especially when planning to have a kid.

I am assuming this is about Bryan

Evolution came back during their feud with the Shield, but Bryan was feuding with Kane for like one PPV and then broke his neck.

Browny

Banned
Guess the Big Gold Belt is making a comeback after all.

Either that or they've finally realised that 220lb is not heavyweight. Rollins tips the scales at 217, Ambrose at 225 (borderline I suppose); the list goes on. Cena, Owens, Rusev, Reigns can be called heavyweights.

Or perhaps Kallisto is getting that main event Mysterio push...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think they're using the Big Gold Belt. I think they're gonna just have a blue version of the WWE Championship.

Either that or they've finally realised that 220lb is not heavyweight. Rollins tips the scales at 217, Ambrose at 225 (borderline I suppose); the list goes on. Cena, Owens, Rusev, Reigns can be called heavyweights.

Or perhaps Kallisto is getting that main event Mysterio push...

Shawn Michael's is about the same size as Rollins and he was one of the best ever

Sephzilla

I like how WWE shits on WCW for giving David Arquette the World Title but gloss over the fact that Vince McMahon won a Royal Rumble and World Title

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder how long Volador Jr has before WWE comes knocking
I like how WWE shits on WCW for giving David Arquette the World Title but gloss over the fact that Vince McMahon won a Royal Rumble and World Title

Just like they gloss over WCW were 'so dum' giving them 'free advertising' with the Mick Foley spoiler when they were running weekly 'HEY MACHO MAN AND HOGAN AND MEAN GENE ARE IN WCW' segments that ran forever

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Marks tend to ignore that Austin/McMahon wasn't just Austin being amazing. McMahon wasn't afraid to do everything.

He earned that belt, and I think most people would agree. It was good for the business.

Do you run to school every day with a piece of toast hanging out of your mouth? :p
Not personally but I'm sure they'll consider this for Bayley's entrance when she makes the jump to the big leagues.

Nah, the timing of the breakup was still really bad. Seth should have turned during the match against Evolution - not after already beating them.
Actually I think they made the right choice here because The Shield never overstayed their welcome leaving the whole run as the most consistently good thing WWE have done in the last decade.

I'd dare to call them a top tier wrestling team, even if the current Reigns situation and oodles of noodles offense Ambrose cause people to forget that it was a damn good stint they had.

The other issue is nobody gave a shit about Evolution when they came back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8WzgEg_Vss

Jesus, what the fuck IS this? The commentary sounds like they are on valium ("...oh no..." "one of the greatest teams of all time..."). The crowd doesn't give the slightest of shits, even the Evolution guys themselves decided to go with the most low energy, plodding, uninspiring entrance. Orton is on total autopilot (but look at those calf muscles!), Haitch is living out one of his power fantasies again, telling the geeks to get out of the ring and Batista is there.
That commentary is utterly awful, if there was ever a time for JR to be losing his shit just for comparison purposes this would be it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually I think they made the right choice here because The Shield never overstayed their welcome leaving the whole run as the most consistently good thing WWE have done in the last decade.

Left on a high note, something New Day should also do. The hardest part of that is establishing each as an individual instead of a collective and having a big breakout.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sephzilla, you're a terrible poster when you're on gaming-side because you're wrong all the time. :)

The one thing I wonder about New Day is if when it ends they'll finally be able to give Big E time to shine as a singles competitor, now he's been able to showcase his comedic chops I think people will be more eager to get behind him. I do however fear for Xavier and Kofi will probably just wind down and I'm happy to see him finally get his due thanks to the team (seeing that I've always been one of the people who considered him a great midcard act for the WWE).

I'm actually pretty chuffed all the shield members have now been WWE champ, ever since they broke up I looked forward to a triple threat match for the gold between the three and hey it's finally happening.
Mind you I'd have saved it for Summerslam but at least it's happening.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The one thing I wonder about New Day is if when it ends they'll finally be able to give Big E time to shine as a singles competitor, now he's been able to showcase his comedic chops I think people will be more eager to get behind him. I do however fear for Xavier and Kofi will probably just wind down and I'm happy to see him finally get his due thanks to the team (seeing that I've always been one of the people who considered him a great midcard act for the WWE).

I'm actually pretty chuffed all the shield members have now been WWE champ, ever since they broke up I looked forward to a triple threat match for the gold between the three and hey it's finally happening.
Mind you I'd have saved it for Summerslam but at least it's happening.

I don't know what Kofi will do next. I'd be worried. He could easily transition back into who he was before, but that's not progress, and people will get bored. Xavier shows depth with this Wyatts stuff. Big E can get it and put on good matches. I just worry because they're so unified in what they do that it isn't giving anyone individual development.

imBask

Banned
Kofi is to New Day what Roman was to the Shield. He works well within that group, but he's trash alone

and he's not a big samoan, so he's done

Top Bottom