• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Cagey

Banned
I didn't see Big E's single run, but based on his tag stuff he's just as one dimensional move wise as Roman or any other bigger wrestler. He's got a lot more charisma and fans love him, but he aint exactly being diverse. Then again it's hard to be diverse in your move set when every damn match you're in is a 82 man tag match where everyone is just doing spots.

They're far too over to do that now. Though they did do it with the Dudleyz so what do I know

Move diversity is a small, small, damn small part of bring a successful pro wrestler though. Peak Austin: "I got three moves, kid"

Big E does plenty to be awesome on his own in the ring.

The weeks since they announced the draft have revealed what the WWE has always thought of wrestling fans: they have short attention spans, short memories, and are generally not that bright.

"BRING BACK BIG GOLD."
"THERE NEEDS TO BE ANOTHER TITLE."

Big gold was unified with the WWE Championship to create the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Unless they retract the unification, "bringing back" big gold wouldn't make a lick of sense based on the WWE's own narrative history. But then again, this company does think its fans are morons, so maybe I'm overreacting.

That already literally happened once before, when Big Gold (as the WCW Championship) was unified with the WWF title in 2001, then reintroduced when they decided to give Triple H a new world title because he's Triple H less than a year later.

Move diversity is a small, small, damn small part of bring a successful pro wrestler though. Peak Austin: "I got three moves, kid"

Oh I wasn't trying to down play his potential. Just bringing up what I see in terms of his in ring ability against other top stars right now. But like I said, his constant booking of spot-fest-tag-matches really limits what he can do beyond the usual.

Sephzilla

I don't think anyone's going to disagree that Earthbound is a good game. It's just that it came out in an era where there were tons of other really solid RPGs

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't really have the nostalgia for the SNES that a lot of people do. And I did grow up with it. 3 dimensions has always been more appealing to me as someone who prefers the exploration aspects of video games.

klonere

Banned

Agreed, Big E's moveset is also perfect for a babyface champ plus that horrifc spear through the ropes that he HAS to stop doing proves he's willing to bust out more spectacular stuff.

Dean Ambrose is champ now, there are essentially no standards for in ring performance as champ left.

Cagey

Banned
Agreed, Big E's moveset is also perfect for a babyface champ plus that horrifc spear through the ropes that he HAS to stop doing proves he's willing to bust out more spectacular stuff.

Dean Ambrose is champ now, there are essentially no standards for in ring performance as champ left.
That spear needs to be semi-retired to Big Fights Only. A near 300 pound beast already entrenched in WWE shouldn't be attempting to kill himself like he's 200 pounds and working an armory in Poughkeepsie to get the contract he already has.

Too much risk to him too often for not enough payoff.

Preview of Roman's entrance at BattleGround
H5etIk.gif

Striker

This so much. I really hate that the WWE wants to turn everyone into a singles star or bust. Tag teams/managers are fantastic. Not just tag teams, stables never last either. Nowadays everyone has to be able to talk for themselves or fail. Its why Cesaro or even Nakamura will never be top guys in the WWE. Hell, if he was just starting out Brock Lesnar would be a bust since he's shit on the mic.
They pushed Randy Orton to the moon (twice!) and he can't talk for shit. Talking matters, but it's still a factor of "Who do we want to push". It's a matter of opportunity as well, Edge was able to move up the ladder but got more popular in the process. Talking helped his cause as did hot behind-the-scenes stuff going on (fucking Matt's woman).

Lesnar would be completely fine any era because he's 6'3", close to 300 lbs. jacked, and is athletic as hell. They gave him a manager within good reason, but even with a manager it doesn't sell the end product (i.e. Cesaro). Even when he didn't have him, he wasn't out there cutting 20 min intros like Triple H was doing on Raw.

bjork

I don't really have the nostalgia for the SNES that a lot of people do. And I did grow up with it. 3 dimensions has always been more appealing to me as someone who prefers the exploration aspects of video games.

I got some nostalgia for Parker Lewis.

But more for Ms. Musso.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are the odds Enzo & Cass break up from the brand split? Since they're giving Cass a lot more talk time, and it's quite obvious they want him getting a push when he's well, seven foot tall.

It would be very stupid to break up any teams unless it's for storyline. Don't expect it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those early FF games ain't too good.

Dragon Warrior/Quest, now that's quality RPGin'.

klonere

Banned
That spear needs to be semi-retired to Big Fights Only. A near 300 pound beast already entrenched in WWE shouldn't be attempting to kill himself like he's 200 pounds and working an armory in Poughkeepsie to get the contract he already has.

Too much risk to him too often for not enough payoff.

Yeah agreed. I really wish the agents would stop letting people do dumbass moves all the time, like Rollins knee exploding powerbomb, Ambrose's dive etc etc etc

Sephzilla

Truth is I love 3 and World. I just prefer 3 because the cape powerup in World is pretty broken and if you know how to use it you can get infinite flight pretty easy. I also enjoy Mario 3's music more, because most of World's music is a remix of the same series of notes. Mario 3 also has a better Bowser fight.

imBask

Banned
3 looks terrible
3 has the worst boss fights
3 has the worst auto-scrolling levels

even the western 2 is miles ahead of 3 IMO

Sephzilla

Yoshi's Island never connected with me the same way Mario 3, World, or DKC2 did and I feel sad about that because I can't get the same level of enjoyment out of it that others did :(

Top Bottom