• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

236%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20headset%20stone_cold_steve_austin%20wwf.gif

the worst mario is better than the best sonic

That's wrong and you know it. Also let's not get into fanboy bullshit, I like both Sonic and Mario.

klonere

Banned
Sonic is better than FF4, FF6, and the entirety of the Robocop franchise.

And that's a shoot.

Oh look, someone who doesn't know what they're talking about by saying Sonic 2 is about speed.

well if its about precise, tightly controlled platforming its totally garbage at that as well

XenoRaven

Welcome to the light, my friend!

(what did we agree on?)

The-Rock-Mankind-chair-shot.gif
Mario 3 > Mario World

Steam sales aren't as good as they used to be

I'm also inclined to believe DMC4 is better than DmC, but I've only played a bit of 4 and none of DmC so I can't really say one way or the other. This is purely based on the fact that Devil May Cry combat is basically better than anything Ninja Theory has ever done.

Valkrai

Maybe without Knuckles Sonic 3 is perfect. Pretty much everything in the Knuckles half except Sky Sanctuary and Mushroom Hill is hot garbage.

Sephzilla

If Sonic was actually about speed, they'd be pretty fun games. But hot damn, when you have to slow down and do actual platforming in those games they become hot garbage compared to Mario. Sonic's platforming and control is LittleBigPlanet-tier bad

XenoRaven

That being said, DmC looks better than nerds on gaming side make it out to be and I just watch someone stream Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and it looks pretty neat.

I can't help but laugh that they're calling their upcoming game "Hellblade" though. Like wow somebody at that company is a Reaper main.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That being said, DmC looks better than nerds on gaming side make it out to be and I just watch someone stream Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and it looks pretty neat.

I can't help but laugh that they're calling their upcoming game "Hellblade" though. Like wow somebody at that company is a Reaper main.

Enslaved is awful. And I loved DmC.

Sephzilla

Here's the breakdown of Ninja Theory games

Heavenly Sword = Okay combat, okay story.
Enslaved = Bad combat, good story.
DmC = Good combat (by their standards), horrible story

Heavenly Sword is probably their most balanced work yet. With DmC they actually learned how to make decent combat, but hot damn that game's story was bad even by Devil May Cry standards. They should never write their own stories ever again.

jmdajr

Mario All Stars was INCREDIBLE. What a game.

Too bad everything after Super NES has been a total train wreck. Jeff Jarret levels.

230.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Enslaved has a good story? Ripping off Journey to the West with your character helping out the woman who forced you into slavery AFTER leaving you to die on a crashing ship then putting a collar on you that would kill you instantly if you didn't help her get home? Then to have her be 'sad' and suddenly your character feels bad for her because her people died after she just put your life in danger multiple times for no reason other than her own selfish gains?

fuck spoilers for such a god awful game with the worst non-playable protagonist in video game history.

Trip is the god damn Stephanie McMahon of video games

bjork

Sonic 1 and 2 are good, the rest are middling to poor.

Super Mario 1/2/3/World/64/Sunshine are all great. (haven't played the wii ones so idk)

New Super Mario Bros was fun exactly once.

Super Mario Land 1 is the best portable Mario, and Mario Land 2 is a sluggish bore that you liked because you were four.

The best Final Fantasy is IX, and the worst is VIII.

No 3D Zelda is good.

The best game ever is Sid Meier's Pirates!, with the version on C64 being superior to all.

Now I must slumber, delivering these righteous truths unto you all has made me sleepy.

Sephzilla

What was the match that Sasha & Bayley had that was highly reviewed?

NXT Takeover Brooklyn

Enslaved has a good story? Ripping off Journey to the West with your character helping out the woman who forced you into slavery AFTER leaving you to die on a crashing ship then putting a collar on you that would kill you instantly if you didn't help her get home? Then to have her be 'sad' and suddenly your character feels bad for her because her people died after she just put your life in danger multiple times for no reason other than her own selfish gains?

fuck spoilers for such a god awful game with the worst non-playable protagonist in video game history.

Trip is the god damn Stephanie McMahon of video games

I guess I should have prefaced it as good (by their standards).

Ninja Theory ripping off existing stories seems to be a recurring thing since DmC is a borderline plagiarism of They Live.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bobby Heenan MIGHT be on Twitter. @RealBobbyHeenan just showed up, but it isn't verified yet.

Valkrai

Sunshine's good if you don't bother to 100%.

Galaxy is good but pretty much the rest of the Mario games past that have been awful.

Mario Kart included. Fucking Sonic Racing Transformed is better than it.

XenoRaven

My takeaway from this is that Data West doesn't enjoy being beaten over the head with the least subtle Sun Wukong reference since Goku.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My takeaway from this is that Data West doesn't enjoy being beaten over the head with the least subtle Sun Wukong reference since Goku.

The only Sun Wukong worth a shit is the one that showed up in the Warriors Orochi games.

Potential best Warriors games:

Warriors Orochi 3
Samurai Warriors 1
One Piece Musou 3

Actual best:
DW Gundam 3

klonere

Banned
Talk shit about Vader, he does know how to work people. Not bad.

Working is a two way street! Young Will was out there doing Vader Bombs, all 175lbs of him.

Sonic 1 and 2 are good, the rest are middling to poor.

Super Mario 1/2/3/World/64/Sunshine are all great. (haven't played the wii ones so idk)

New Super Mario Bros was fun exactly once.

Super Mario Land 1 is the best portable Mario, and Mario Land 2 is a sluggish bore that you liked because you were four.

The best Final Fantasy is IX, and the worst is VIII.

No 3D Zelda is good.

The best game ever is Sid Meier's Pirates!, with the version on C64 being superior to all.

Now I must slumber, delivering these righteous truths unto you all has made me sleepy.

Not sure about the rest but you nailed the Final Fantasy portion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Working is a two way street! Young Will was out there doing Vader Bombs, all 175lbs of him.

TBH Vader just latched onto that video's viral nature to get a payday. Can't blame him for that, and he was first in. He did it. Good work Vader, and Ospreay is a big payday right now

XenoRaven

I can't get into One Piece Musou 3. I thought my love of Hyrule Warriors and my love of One Piece would carry me to the promised land but maybe I was expecting too much.

I'm curious about that One Piece fighting game, but I'm also skeptical because it's not made by CyberConnect2.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get into One Piece Musou 3. I thought my love of Hyrule Warriors and my love of One Piece would carry me to the promised land but maybe I was expecting too much.

I'm curious about that One Piece fighting game, but I'm also skeptical because it's not made by CyberConnect2.

There's a demo on Xbox One for it, and I didn't like it.

OPM3 has been really great for me, an easy hundred hours into it. Chasing down rare coins is fun.

Top Bottom