• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Friends, what good kideo games still have to come out this year?

Dishonored 2
Last Guardian
Paper Mario: Color Splash
XCOM2 (consoles)
Mother 3

Should be easy on the wallet. Where people get off calling 2016 a great year for video games is beyond me. DOOM is the only truly great thing we got so far.

Valkrai

My "this game is going to stink" senses go off when I think about FFXV

DOOM

Ehhhhhhh I need some more time with it. I hated the multiplayer and hated that you needed to do those executions every 5 seconds to get health in higher difficulties.

Overwatch is ok, I enjoy playing it in small bursts and in a party.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing really good this year yet.

you crazy

Overwatch, Doom, Total War: Warhammer, The Witness, American Truck Simulator, XCOM2, Superhot, Hitman, Dark Souls III, all of these are potential GOTY picks for me. All of these are amazing kideos.

Valkrai

Its fairly easy for me this year. I need Steep since that's the closest I'll get to a new SSX this year.

Looks like I'm just being extremely cynical. Not feeling 2016 so far.

imBask

Banned
you crazy

Overwatch, Doom, Total War: Warhammer, The Witness, American Truck Simulator, XCOM2, Superhot, Hitman, Dark Souls III, all of these are potential GOTY picks for me. All of these are amazing kideos.

it's been a decent year, but following 2015 is an impossible task tbh

I think Overwatch is my GOTY so far

Its fairly easy for me this year. I need Steep since that's the closest I'll get to a new SSX this year.

People who tried it all said it was
not very
good!

I like a Castlevania. But I think there's two sets of Vania folks. People who either LOVED Super Castlevania IV, or people who hated it because it wasn't challenging at all, and was actually the babiest baby mode of any Vania. Where do you fall?

I'm in the "Man, I loved it...but...yeah...that shit was easy."

Rondo of Blood though? Actual BEST Castlevania by far. That PC-Engine. <3

I loved SCIV, bought a SNES specifically for it, but it is easy as hell - especially compared to something like CV Haunted Castle (rock hard precision platforming). But that's a common theme with SNES platformers, they were all super, super easy. NES > SNES.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For real, I think Hitman is currently my GOTY. It's nearly the perfect game I wanted. It's not even fully out yet, and it is THAT goddamned good.

Kaladin

I have 5 games pre-ordered and paid off at the moment.

No Man's Sky
Final Fantasy XV
South Park : The Fractured But Whole
The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Special Edition
WWE 2k17 (I know, I'm part of the problem)

Valkrai

it's been a decent year, but following 2015 is an impossible task tbh

I think Overwatch is my GOTY so far

People who tried it all said it was
not very
good!

Wasn't it just Dan Ryckert that said it? I'll wait to try the beta to see if it'll be worth getting. It looked okay from the gameplay on youtube.

Battleborn.
image.php

Cool gimmick

Time for a probably unpopular opinion I liked the Bubsy games almost enough to call them an alternative to Sonic/Mario.

Then Bubsy 3D happened and it was so fucking bad I hated it.

Da fuq: I have two step authorisation on my twitter account and I should get a text with a code for login, but nothing.

Has my account been hacked?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, I'll probably by Skyrim on PS4. I won't day-one buy it though because Bethesda

You've had years to understand how terrible Skyrim is, but you're wanting it? It's the worst - WORST Elder Scrolls game by a million years, and yet, the hype has you all wrapped up.

Bethesda fucking SUCKS at this. THEY ARE SHIT. REMEMBER THEY ARE SHIT. THEY WILL ALWAYS BE SHIT AT THIS.

Kaladin

Oh yeah, I'll probably by Skyrim on PS4. I won't day-one buy it though because Bethesda

While I agree with Bethesda, this is similar to a GOTY edition of one of their titles which fixes everything wrong with the original release. I have hopes it won't be broken.

WrassleGAF meet-up at Uprising? Got a front row seat because I'm a mark, but also because RevPro always stack their York Hall cards and I doubt this one will disappoint in that regard.

Also, Heenan on twitter? Awesome news, hope we get confirmation soon. For anyone who missed it, Harley's on twitter now too and seems the account's legit; https://twitter.com/8XNWAChampion

Sephzilla

You've had years to understand how terrible Skyrim is, but you're wanting it? It's the worst - WORST Elder Scrolls game by a million years, and yet, the hype has you all wrapped up.

Bethesda fucking SUCKS at this. THEY ARE SHIT. REMEMBER THEY ARE SHIT. THEY WILL ALWAYS BE SHIT AT THIS.

I actually didn't mind Skyrim, wish it was a Morrowind remaster though

Oblivion = worst Elder Scrolls

Battleborn.

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

20/10 Menome post

Valkrai

I have 5 games pre-ordered and paid off at the moment.

No Man's Sky
Final Fantasy XV
South Park : The Fractured But Whole
The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim Special Edition
WWE 2k17 (I know, I'm part of the problem)

I bought 2K16 so I'm part of the issue too. I just hope 17 isn't Attitude Era focused like 16 was. Showcase mode was the worst. I preferred 2K15's showcase.

i've read elsewhere that it was kinda bad too... It's also my type of game so i'll wait and see

More people said that. That's rough, I'm really wanting a new SSX or Amped kind of game and this is probably the best we're going to get. I'm not counting SNOW since it's gotten progressively worse since alpha.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF meet-up at Uprising? Got a front row seat because I'm a mark, but also because RevPro always stack their York Hall cards and I doubt this one will disappoint in that regard.

Also, Heenan on twitter? Awesome news, hope we get confirmation soon. For anyone who missed it, Harley's on twitter now too and seems the account's legit; https://twitter.com/8XNWAChampion

Awesome with Harley, looks legit because he's plugging appearances.

Still the best wrestle-focused twitter I've followed is probably Missy Hyatt's. What a great fan of the business.

imBask

Banned
I agree with Vince here, Fallout 4 really opened my eyes to the shitty company that is Bethesda. They've been riding their reputation for a while, but now that GTA V and Witcher 3 happened it's easy to see how fucking terrible they are

Fallout 4 was a pile of garbage, it looked like shit, ran like shit, was shit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with Vince here, Fallout 4 really opened my eyes to the shitty company that is Bethesda. They've been riding their reputation for a while, but now that GTA V and Witcher 3 happened it's easy to see how fucking terrible they are

Still is, too. It had its moments, but it really is a goddamned mess.

And now the mod support on the PS4 is pushed back, and from what I'm seeing, can't even happen anymore if I'm reading it all correctly. What a fucking stain Bethesda is.

Valkrai

Fallout 4 was so disappointing. It burned me since I got the game and the season pass. Far Harbor made up a bit but the other DLC has been glorified mods.

I haven't played Witcher 3 though.

imBask

Banned
Fallout 4 felt like a game that should have been released in 2009

Still is, too. It had its moments, but it really is a goddamned mess.

And now the mod support on the PS4 is pushed back, and from what I'm seeing, can't even happen anymore if I'm reading it all correctly. What a fucking stain Bethesda is.

they always had the apologist saying "well the game is just too big to be pretty and run well!"

and then Witcher 3 came along

imBask

Banned
I really need to get back into Witcher 3. I was into it for a bit and then my girlfriend shit happened last fall and i just never got back into the game

Honestly, if you consider the first DLC as part of the game, Witcher 3 might be in my top 3 of all time

On Cheap Heat they discuss the divas/womans and the lack of pops going on, as well as complete lack of direction. Happy to see I'm not the only one who noticed Sasha's crowd reaction was completely flat.

Shoot wednesday

I played limbo for like 30 mins top. I thought it was kinda boring and gave up, not my type of game

Don't worry, you played the best part of the game.

Shoot: Red Dead Redemption is unbelievably dull even though GTAIV should have prepared me for how boring a game Rockstar is capable of making.

On Cheap Heat they discuss the divas/womans and the lack of pops going on, as well as complete lack of direction. Happy to see I'm not the only one who noticed Sasha's crowd reaction was completely flat.
The Monday crowd this week overall was dead as hell. Not just to the women but to pretty much everything. I counted like three moments on Monday that got the crowd going. Asides from that I haven't noticed a lack of cheers.

Top Bottom