• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

dream

Right now, I think TNA is probably better than WWE by any metric that a responsible wrestling fan should care about.

Unless you're, like, the Camp WWE demographic, "Bluetista" wasn't funny at all. It was just asinine.

Right now, I think TNA is probably better than WWE by any metric that a responsible wrestling fan should care about.
hvu04lY.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Broken Matt is my favorite thing in wrestling this year. Enjoyed the ridiculous match at Slammiversary.

My favorite moments in pro wrestling is when they just go all in with an idea and go for it. Matt and Jeff hit that shit out of the park.

dream

Broken Matt is my favorite thing in wrestling this year. Enjoyed the ridiculous match at Slammiversary.

My favorite moments in pro wrestling is when they just go all in with an idea and go for it. Matt and Jeff hit that shit out of the park.

Right on, friend. I feel like any responsible wrestling fan can immediately identify and appreciate the brilliance of this program, and I question the credentials of anyone who doesn't like Broken Matt vs. Brother Nero.

Mahonay

Banned
I think when the rumors of WWE going after Jeff went out they weren't looking for a wrestler, they were looking for the brother creative geniuses of the year.
But of course WWE would immediately kill the genius we're currently getting out of those two. The freedom they're getting in TNA is largely what's making it work so well. No one in the back is getting upset for something getting "too over".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even if you don't watch TNA, you should watch the Hardy segment and the Eli Drake segment.

Legit entertainment. And actually funny
unlike The New Day

New Day are great because I don't really find them funny but I do think they're entertaining. It's nice to see people having fun out there and being over.

Brother Nero vs. Sarcastic Ass #Broken Matt Hardy is feud of the year in a landslide. I need to watch Impact. Holy shit... I need to watch Impact. Wow.

Is the Eli Drake segment on YouTube?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not sure why they're going with Bennett over Drake.

Drake's not the greatest wrestler, but he's buttery smooth on the mic which is what matters most in a promotion like TNA. Bennett's just underwhelming in every category. And looks like shit.

Bennett is the Jeff Jarrett of TNA. Think about what I'm saying here. He's the Jeff Jarrett of what was originally Jeff Jarrett's TNA.
New Day are great because I don't really find them funny but I do think they're entertaining. It's nice to see people having fun out there and being over.

Brother Nero vs. Sarcastic Ass #Broken Matt Hardy is feud of the year in a landslide. I need to watch Impact. Holy shit... I need to watch Impact. Wow.

Is the Eli Drake segment on YouTube?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4...-2016-28-6-2016-full-show-part-1-2-hdtv_sport

go to 24:33

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
New Day haven't said anything funny in like six months, they're just coasting on Booty-Os or whatever thing they came up with to sell merch a year or two back.

Eli Drake vs EC3 - for the TNA world title book it, it would be an amazing feud, both are amazing on the mic and EC3 would elevate Drake's in ring skills.

Mahonay

Banned
Eli Drake's sleeveless suit is so much better than Antonio Cesaro's tearaway garbage.
Cesaro's current gimmick is so lifeless. Has an entrance with this whole elaborate James Bond thing, but then it's still the same shitty song and it's still the same exact character he's been doing before this point.

I have no idea what Cesaro needs to do. Maybe dig deep, find a more serious or dark side to himself. He doesn't feel invested in his character and it's super obvious. He just seems like someone that is goofing around. "LOL hey guys check out this stupid tear-a-way suit" is pretty much the extent of it at the moment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cesaro is technically good, but he's boring and all of his signature spots are lame and eye-roll inducing. He was boring when he was a racist bad guy too so finding a new character ain't gonna help.

The most interesting thing about Cesaro is the theme song that he doesn't even have any more.

Angry Grimace

Pretty much this. It all made sense when I saw him on Table for 3.

That table for 3 was just Ambrose talking over everyone which is probably why he's the WWE Champion and Cesaro is working tag matches with Apollo Crews.

Top Bottom