• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

jmdajr

LOTR fans, probably. There's a huge number of changes and compressions in the LOTR films compared to the books, not all of them for the better, but overall the trilogy of films are excellent and do capture the spirit of the books overall. The Hobbit films were pretty...uh....yeah, but you have a modern classic in the LOTR film trilogy, none of the other properties can say that.

The HP films are adequate but I don't think they ever really captured the feel of the books very well, either from direction or budget, or both. Hell of a cast mind.

Comic book fans now ought to be having a ball, though, with all the films and TV shows that have moved past that early to late 2000s "Ashamed to be a comic book adaptation" problem and are totally embracing their source material. Stuff like the MCU has balanced pragmatic adaptations that gets all the core stuff right while cutting out the extra nonsense that accumulates over decades of comics. Sure they're just summer blockbuster types without much depth, but that's ok, they're well constructed ones.

BvS blew, though.
That's a good way to word that.

One of my neighbours had a bad stroke so I'm been walking his dog for about the past six weeks.

Ever since then I keep thinking about how much I want to get a dog.

ZdHeNcj.png

Every show headlined by Tanahashi or Shibata, crazy.

How's that INSIDE treating you, NeoGAF Vince McMahon?

Russo swerve, he's a plant from WWE reporting the real Mr McMahon.

"So today Mr McMahon this is how the internet wrestling community reacted to RAW and the upcoming PPV."

Vince "We need Roman to look strong, damn it, book him to beat AJ Styles 2 PPV's in a row and on RAW. I don't care what these people say have you seen the merchandise sales?"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That John Cena Cricket Wireless video was at about 200k views when we were posting it here, over 2.1 million now. They have a winner.

jmdajr

One of my neighbours had a bad stroke so I'm been walking his dog for about the past six weeks.

Ever since then I keep thinking about how much I want to get a dog.

That's nice of you. Life as always better when you think. "What would John Cena do."

But for real. May good fortune come back around.

bjork

Open one of my favorite phone games today to a message about termination of services. It is a sad day, knowing that the end is near.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah he's probably my favourite lead in any TV series, but The Wire edges it with it's more diverse cast and the range of social issues it tackles.

Sopranos is still the king to me. The supporting cast, except AJ for the most part, is also perfect. Music use - holy shit. And the stories told and the way everything loops back...christ. I watched it in my early 20s and enjoyed it, but I didn't GET IT until I was in my late 20s/early 30s. And when you really get it, man, it's something else.

Just perfect. And perfect ending.

Sopranos is still the king to me. The supporting cast, except AJ for the most part, is also perfect. Music use - holy shit. And the stories told and the way everything loops back...christ. I watched it in my early 20s and enjoyed it, but I didn't GET IT until I was in my late 20s/early 30s. And when you really get it, man, it's something else.

Just perfect. And perfect ending.

The best and probably most heartbreaking thing about The Sopranos
Chris and Adriana, I really wanted them to succeed and Chris honestly seemed one of the most likable guys in all of Tony's crew. But he destroyed himself with drugs and the way their relation ended is so tragic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The best and probably most heartbreaking thing about The Sopranos
Chris and Adriana, I really wanted them to succeed and Chris honestly seemed one of the most likable guys in all of Tony's crew. But he destroyed himself with drugs and the way their relation ended is so tragic.

Tony is the worst person on the planet. That's all there is to it.

I lost interest in Sopranos somewhere in season 3 or 4, and I'm from fuckin Joisey! Truth be told, I don't think I've ever made it through an entire television series. The format is just an absolute waste of time to me.

Yes, I'm aware I'm in a professional wrestling thread.

Owens is such a great heel, seriously let Roman stew for a few months because of his failed tests and put Owens in the main event.

I would love to see him as a heel champion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
With Meltzer stoking the fires of controversy by saying Bayley's age is an important reason why she needs to be called up ASAP, do you all agree that they need to strike while the iron is hot? Or does her age not matter with her gimmick right now?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
With Meltzer stoking the fires of controversy by saying Bayley's age is an important reason why she needs to be called up ASAP, do you all agree that they need to strike while the iron is hot? Or does her age not matter with her gimmick right now?

I feel like Meltzer needs to stop being a fucking creep. She's not gonna look like an old lady any time soon.

Meltzer likes to play old tyme fantasy booker sometimes and its sort of annoying. It's the same way he keeps insisting La Sombra should still have his mask and shit. Nobody cares about the mask and HHH is right that he's a good looking guy and its dumb to make him wear a mask, especially when they've already got guys on the roster in masks.

bjork

please tell me this isn't OP

Nope. Crows X Worst V, based on my favorite manga.

Imagine OP, except there is no timing based to the attacks, you can have multiple tandems automatically, and you can play either with swipes and taps or an auto-battle option. Every copy of a guy gives him a skill-up, and the equivalent of OP fortnights happen daily/weekly with special events peppered in more frequently than OP.

I was really impressed by this, but I guess pirates with fantasy powers are more appealing than dudes with pompadours dropkicking each other. :\

Pretty sure her gimmick has a few good years left in it, also let's not forget she is only 27, barring some devastating injury she has plenty of years in the tank.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure her gimmick has a few good years left in it, also let's not forget she is only 27, barring some devastating injury she has plenty of years in the tank.

His point of contention is that Bayley is going to stop looking like a big sister and instead turn into "mom's friends"

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Owens is such a great heel, seriously let Roman stew for a few months because of his failed tests and put Owens in the main event.

I would love to see him as a heel champion.

Yeah, I am surprised Owens is not a main event guy yet. I'm hoping the brand split helps with that. Although watching him and Sami Zayn destroy each other until the end of time isn't the worst thing in the world I guess.

Ithil

The flaw in Meltzer's logic is Bayley's good enough to tweak/repackage her gimmick once that happens.

I don't think anyone said she wouldn't be able to revamp her gimmick over time. But it would be a big waste to not use the gimmick she has right now to its full potential.

XenoRaven

His point of contention is that Bayley is going to stop looking like a big sister and instead turn into "mom's friends"
I think there's probably a shelf life on the gimmick but it's a long ways off.

I'm not sure if everyone's having a good time and I'm bringing the room down or what, but do you think it's fair for you to judge other people when they criticize someone's look based on their age when you criticize wrestlers' ability to be ambassadors for the product based on their height or "muscle grade"?

This isn't a "aha I gotcha" thing. I'm legitimately curious what you think.

Top Bottom