• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

There's a reason they booked man vs. bear matches and not man vs. chimp matches. Great apes are terrifying and vicious
and delicious.

And no, I have no eaten chimp.

DMczaf

There's a reason they booked man vs. bear matches and not man vs. chimp matches. Great apes are terrifying and vicious
and delicious.

And no, I have no eaten chimp.

Chimps are known to shoot on you and go into business for themselves.

Bears are professionals and know how to do the J O B. Did you see The Revenant ?

Ithil

Meltzer does not mean 10 years at all, he's arguing she should be called up right now or she'll be too old for her gimmick.

He's not though, at all. She should be called up right now because she can and should be a star right now, and she's being wasted in developmental she has outgrown as a performer.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The flaw in Meltzer's logic is Bayley's good enough to tweak/repackage her gimmick once that happens.

I don't know if she is, because I've never seen any other gimmicks of hers that worked. Benefit of the doubt, sure, and I hope so. But I don't feel that strongly. She very may just have this.

I think there's probably a shelf life on the gimmick but it's a long ways off.

I'm not sure if everyone's having a good time and I'm bringing the room down or what, but do you think it's fair for you to judge other people when they criticize someone's look based on their age when you criticize wrestlers' ability to be ambassadors for the product based on their height or "muscle grade"?

This isn't a "aha I gotcha" thing. I'm legitimately curious what you think.

Age isn't something you can fight, it is what it is. Muscles, you can definitely get when you work.

Ospreay made a Cody list
cll0Kwsl.jpg

somedevil

I don't know if she is, because I've never seen any other gimmicks of hers that worked. Benefit of the doubt, sure, and I hope so. But I don't feel that strongly. She very may just have this.

She already tweaked the gimmick anyway. When she started on NXT her character was shy akward girl who was a mark for current and former WWE stars.

She is getting called up at the draft or after summerslam. They are building towards her last match in NXT against Asuka in Brooklyn.

Zach

2017: WWE makes contact (with Bayley)
2018: Bayley climbs to the mountaintop
2019: Bayley is solidified as the face of the women's division
2020: Bayley defeats a Monster of the Week, a la Hogan in the '80s
2021: Bayley is over 30, a little mom-ish
2022: Bayley's biggest fans are becoming adults
2023: The Bayley Demographic, now fully grown and six years into Trump's presidency, becomes cold and cynical
2024: WWE continues to milk the increasingly waning Bayleymania
2025: Bayley turns on the WWE Universe and Hollywood Bayley emerges; Stephanie McMahon is elected President of the United States
2026: After a year of watching Hollywood Bayley's reign of terror from the rafters, Aurora Rose defeats the now disgustingly elderly Hollywood Bayley at Starrcade

2023: The Bayley Demographic, now fully grown and six years into Trump's presidency, becomes cold and cynical
2025: Bayley turns on the WWE Universe and Hollywood Bayley emerges; Stephanie McMahon is elected President of the United States
2026: After a year of watching Hollywood Bayley's reign of terror from the rafters, Aurora Rose defeats the now disgustingly elderly Hollywood Bayley at Starrcade
Aurora Rose, ha ha! The new reign of terror commences.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hate having to dumb myself down to go through tech support for devices.

Currently going through first-line support about an iPad that won't connect to my PC, I already know the device is broken, but I also know that if you get "smart" with first line tech support they get insulted and won't be that helpful.

So now I'm answering questions like "can you connect your iPhone and see if that is found by iTunes" even though three questions in I already covered that I tried different computers, different cables and that they all connect my iPhone just fine, just not my iPad and waiting until they deem my problem serious enough to escalate me through to second line tech support. I even dropped a "I need to be able to connect to Xcode" in there to make sure they know I'm a developer and have some know-how.

It's taking soooo long.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta figure out if I want an Elite controller, or one of those color customized Xbox One controllers. I really, really like the colors but I hear the Elite is EVERYTHING.

2026 Bayley will only be 37.

Also I really don't think she plans on copying Hogan's career trajectory.

Aiii

So not worth it
And now they talked about connecting my iPhone to my mac and mistakenly thought everything was in order because I said that worked. I was calling about my iPad.

Dear God, if there is a hell, I'm going to have to deal with first-line tech support for the rest of eternity.

jmdajr

I hate having to dumb myself down to go through tech support for devices.

Currently going through first-line support about an iPad that won't connect to my PC, I already know the device is broken, but I also know that if you get "smart" with first line tech support they get insulted and won't be that helpful.

So now I'm answering questions like "can you connect your iPhone and see if that is found by iTunes" even though three questions in I already covered that I tried different computers, different cables and that they all connect my iPhone just fine, just not my iPad and waiting until they deem my problem serious enough to escalate me through to second line tech support. I even dropped a "I need to be able to connect to Xcode" in there to make sure they know I'm a developer and have some know-how.

It's taking soooo long.

Man. If I have to talk to any tech support, at that point I am almost inclined to get a new device.

It physically pains me

Aiii

So not worth it
And now they said they were going to call me, and they did, and then they had me press 1, in the meantime they called me again and said they couldn't reach me and they would call again in 10 minutes.

FOR FUCKS SAKE.

jmdajr

The other day I replaced my own car battery and air filters at home. Just shit I never really thought I would do, but you just get robbed on these minor car maintenance deals.

Hell we even replaced a broken side view mirror ourselves. Saved like 400 bucks!

Apoc87

Banned
Has there ever been a shoot victory in the big 3 (wwf, wcw, ecw) where the winner just went totally against the script and held the other one down for a win?

Im not talking about anyone laying down for anyone either like hogan/jarrett, and im not talking about the montreal sj.

Has there ever been a shoot victory in the big 3 (wwf, wcw, ecw) where the winner just went totally against the script and held the other one down for a win?

Im not talking about anyone laying down for anyone either like hogan/jarrett, and im not talking about the montreal sj.

Don't think so because refs will usually stop the count, if it goes against the planned finish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Close. Sting held down Jeff Hardy 30 seconds in to win it a few years back.

Top Bottom