• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

imBask

Banned
Yeah, Roman and Seth had the worst segment of the past 10 years

what are you saying! Roman said that Seth kept running away from him (being injured does that)! And then Seth was so mad he couldn't even speak, you could feel the intensity and the electricity in the air

How did they follow up with Seth last night? Did they follow up?

Seth came out and teased a run in multiple times and then left

You can believe the following words are a gimmick or joke or whatever or not, it's up to you ultimately, but I timed the exact moment Seth came out and when he left:

Literally 5 minutes of him teasing run ins

Your shitty, shitty thread has been visited by the spirit of UltraViolence. Sick bumps and flaming tables shall forever be yours, but only if you post "THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG" in this thread.

MU5Up5R.gif

He doesn't hate me, just some of the wrestling I like! He does, however, hate stro.

Did somebody saw the table the wrong way?

Kurita

You can believe the following words are a gimmick or joke or whatever or not, it's up to you ultimately, but I timed the exact moment Seth came out and when he left:

Then we got AJ who did the literal opposite with Cena so that's that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Where as AJ
the future top heel
Did two run-ins.

Seth Rollins running to the ring and then not, and then running back to the ring and then not repeating like five times was something I wish was just a nightmare but was actually real.

THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG.

UberTag

So what the ODDS that AJ & The Club go over Cena, clean in a feud, with no stupid GIVE ME MY REMATCH COWARD 3 month cycle where Cena gets all his wins back.
7897593_orig.gif

Errr... I mean... I suppose it could happen. I could win the lottery tomorrow, too.

7897593_orig.gif

Errr... I mean... I suppose it could happen. I could win the lottery tomorrow, too.

A.J. doesn't need the rub. Him and John are also the same age. Even if A.J. didn't arguably represent TNA... you'd have to imagine the guy at this stage of his career, with only a few months in the WWE wouldn't beat Cena.

It's not an investment in a future star who can carry the company after John has left.

I love AJ. I think he's the better wrestler, but he'll never be the star John is even if they have him go over John cleanly repeatedly. So why do it? What do you gain from it?

Beating Cena cleanly helped make Kevin Owens. He was absolutely elevated by that feud even though he then lost to Cena a whole bunch. It didn't matter. He made his mark. He showed that he was good enough where on 'any given day' he could beat someone like Cena.

A.J. doesn't need establishing.

I have it on good authority that Luke Gallows is a HUGE John Cena fan.

526x297-r9O.jpg

Hey look, it's Biscuits and Gravy!

That finish to the Dana and Natalya match was off. Dana looked to have some trouble lifting Natalya there and it came off as so slow it was like Nattie deliberately let her do it. But we got some Becky out of it so that's good.

UberTag

A.J. doesn't need the rub. Him and John are also the same age. Even if A.J. didn't arguably represent TNA... you'd have to imagine the guy at this stage of his career, with only a few months in the WWE wouldn't beat Cena.

It's not an investment in a future star who can carry the company after John has left.

I love AJ. I think he's the better wrestler, but he'll never be the star John is even if they have him go over John cleanly repeatedly. So why do it? What do you gain from it?

Beating Cena cleanly helped make Kevin Owens. He was absolutely elevated by that feud even though he then lost to Cena a whole bunch. It didn't matter. He made his mark. He showed that he was good enough where on 'any given day' he could beat someone like Cena.

A.J. doesn't need establishing.!
I agree with you. Owens got one semi-clean win over Cena. Styles won't even get that.

That transition period after the Attitude era, 2001-2002 was there any phrase coined? Or was it just post AE, invasion? I don't remember them pushing the term "ruthless aggression" until maybe 2003.

I don't know what to think of that RAW. On one hand it was pretty good, on the other it kind of sucked.

- I'm starting to enjoy Steph in her new role, though they're going to over do it soon with the back and forth
- Enzo & Cass are just boring me more and more each week. It might not help it's the Dudelyz, but I just fast forwarded through most of that match
- Anderson/Gallows + AJ kind of blew that load a little quick. I think they could have gone another week or two and culminate it for SummerSlam but whatever. I think AJ has a ton more swagger than either of them do.
- Can we please stop with the fucking six-man tags, holy shit
- Ziggler kicking Corbin was genuinely awesome
- The Seth/Roman thing may have been the worst promo ever

That transition period after the Attitude era, 2001-2002 was there any phrase coined? Or was it just post AE, invasion? I don't remember them pushing the term "ruthless aggression" until maybe 2003.

I bailed by this point, but based on wiki this was the Invasion period. Even during the Attitude Era you never heard Vince going "WERE INT HE ATTITUDE ERA" like they're doing now with New Era

Sephzilla

I think the Invasion Era is probably the best descriptor for that little period of time.

imBask

Banned
Rusev becamse US champion in november, his promo last night was pretty much the same as the one he used to do back then

they are LITERALLY re-doing the same storyline they did 7 months ago, with the same guy involved

klonere

Banned
Seph, you need to wtch the AJ/Cena segment. The crowd, the moment, the turn...it was electric. Not even being sarcastic. The last time I saw a crowd that loud was CM Punk / Cena mitb '11

...do we really have to watch it? is it that good? After hearing about the Seth segment I want to kill myself

kiguel182

Raw was good. Every segment had a purpose and that's all I ask these days.

Still not sure what they are doing with primo and epico but besides that things make sense at least.

Rest easy little ones, 2K actually did the negotiations with Goldberg however Vince has to sign off. So that necessarily doesn't mean we'll see him wrestle. However usually the special guy does something with wwe so that's that. The positivity of Sting from 15 is what led to Vince getting him to wrestle. Apparently, he didn't "get" Sting. BUT Dave said McMahon doesn't exactly care for Goldberg and that could be a bigger factor in everything. Oooooh what a rush!

Wait wrong superstar.

Aiii

So not worth it
Rusev becamse US champion in november, his promo last night was pretty much the same as the one he used to do back then

they are LITERALLY re-doing the same storyline they did 7 months ago, with the same guy involved

Nobody remembers what happened 7 months ago, so it doesn't really matter.

Hey guys, remember the montreal screwjob? Remember? Bret screwed Bret! Sharpshooter! Shawn Michaels! Ring the damn bell!

Nobody remembers what happened 7 months ago, so it doesn't really matter.

Hey guys, remember the montreal screwjob? Remember? Brett screwed Brett! Sharpshooter! Shawn Michaels! Ring the damn bell!

Good thing Survivor Series is in Canada this year so we can repeat the Screwjob twice in a year for once

I don't know what to think of that RAW. On one hand it was pretty good, on the other it kind of sucked.

- I'm starting to enjoy Steph in her new role, though they're going to over do it soon with the back and forth
- Enzo & Cass are just boring me more and more each week. It might not help it's the Dudelyz, but I just fast forwarded through most of that match
- Anderson/Gallows + AJ kind of blew that load a little quick. I think they could have gone another week or two and culminate it for SummerSlam but whatever. I think AJ has a ton more swagger than either of them do.
- Can we please stop with the fucking six-man tags, holy shit
- Ziggler kicking Corbin was genuinely awesome
- The Seth/Roman thing may have been the worst promo ever

I bailed by this point, but based on wiki this was the Invasion period. Even during the Attitude Era you never heard Vince going "WERE INT HE ATTITUDE ERA" like they're doing now with New Era

I think the Invasion Era is probably the best descriptor for that little period of time.
Dope, I always considered that part of the Attitude era for the longest. I was looking on the network and it's cool how after 17 the AE label is gone. Then after 911,the Raw is War label has been deleted too. There needs to be a 8 hour podcast on what should've been done during the Invasion period to make it work properly.

Top Bottom