• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
*Gets called out*

*Says he will provide sources*

*Doesn't give sources because person calling him out isn't worthy*

Seriously, it's not worth doing because you won't read it. You'd rather just complain about the show you love. It wouldn't be constructive because you refuse to learn.

imBask

Banned
I mean technically you could say that being in the main event for a few months and then going back to the midcard and never main eventing again is better than never main eventing ever.

depends on how you see it, maybe some of them would've made it to the main event and stayed there at some point instead of being sent to Vince's limbo for losing to Cena

Again it's symptomatic of how the losses and booking matter. If they don't give a shit about you, you don't matter, you're irrelevant, you're replaceable. There are 4 guys who are not replaceable.

Cena
Reigns
HHH
Rock

There's a reason you'll never see Rock lose to someone in 6 seconds, or Cena get beat up until he cries and begs for mercy, but Bray can. One of those 3 people doesn't matter, and it shows in the Ls he constantly takes

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No one needed Twice in a lifetime. Punk - Cena would have been fine as a main event of WM. Hell, they wouldn't have had that no.1 contender's match - they could have just done that
piledriver in the main event of WM OMG
and it would have been great. The Rock wasn't needed.

It's easy to say that, but there's no way to know. Historically, nothing was hurt by bringing in the Rock, only helped. Bigger audience. People (not your weekly wrasslin fans, but the more casual fans) wanted to see the Rock again.

XenoRaven

depends on how you see it, maybe some of them would've made it to the main event and stayed there at some point instead of being sent to Vince's limbo for losing to Cena
I don't think this is realistic. The guys that feuded with Cena never would have been anything more. Not because I don't think they have the talent, but because it seems like the people in charge think there's not enough room at the top of the card.

Sephzilla

Seriously, it's not worth doing because you won't read it. You'd rather just complain about the show you love. It wouldn't be constructive because you refuse to learn.

Where did you get the idea that I wouldn't read it? Because I posted a Scott Hall gif in response to your stupid "pain in the ass" comment? You're doing an awful lot of projecting here in order to maintain your own narrative.

Getting a bit mad at ticketmaster, where are my NXT tickets assholes? If I have to go to the arena box office to get replacements I won't be happy.

imBask

Banned
I don't think this is realistic. The guys that feuded with Cena never would have been anything more. Not because I don't think they have the talent, but because it seems like the people in charge think there's not enough room at the top of the card.

heh I mean you're not wrong, but idealistically you know what I mean

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Which is why WM 29 did less buys than 28?

What do you think it is?

WWE pushing for higher exposure with more outlets. Leveraging Rock's star power. And it worked, as evidenced by the buys.

Browny

Banned
It's easy to say that, but there's no way to know. Historically, nothing was hurt by bringing in the Rock, only helped. Bigger audience. People (not your weekly wrasslin fans, but the more casual fans) wanted to see the Rock again.

Casuals don't pay the bills though. Casuals aren't the ones who sub to the Network, or go to house shows, or Raw, or Smackdown, or buy the merch... WM would have "sold out" (I use the term loosely when it's WWE lol) with or without the Rock.

And although it wasn't the main reason Punk left, I'm fairly certain that being fucked over by Rock was a big factor in his decision.
Probably because he thought if he left on good terms he might come back as part time himself...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao Alvarez calling for a "cup on a pole" match for Ziggler/Corbin

kiguel182

The "Cena elevates people" discussion has to be one of the worst here. Because Sunny is wrong but everyone tries to change his mind. Just let him be.

Losing to Cena a bunch of times doesn't help people. Let's move on.

Browny

Banned
How bad is it gonna be ?

Pick a Barrett, any Barrett:

bnb.gif

pV9KVzG.gif

7897593_orig.gif

Will it be below 3?

How bad is it gonna be ?

Won't be in till Wednesday due to holiday. That said, TV people already confirming overnights that there was around 35 mil viewers between the two games. If even 3 mil viewers were around for 2 of Raw's 3 hours, I'd be amazed

klonere

Banned
Won't be in till Wednesday due to holiday. That said, TV people already confirming overnights that there was around 35 mil viewers between the two games. If even 3 mil viewers were around for 2 of Raw's 3 hours, I'd be amazed

I wanted them to hit TNA's highest ever rating this year but I thought I'd have to wait till football season.

God is great.

I really wish someone would permanently ban any story line involving USA vs some foreigner. It's tired, played the fuck out and so incredibly pointless at this juncture in the world.

This is all true but I still love them when Rusev's involved. He's great and pointing out real problems with the US to get heat. Best heel in the company.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Overnights: NBA highest rated game ever on cable. 4 times what the Stanley Cup game got

Buckle up

It was a huge deal. Intense game. Not surprising. No booking of any kind could have changed that. Fortunately it doesn't matter when its a scenario like this, and there won't be a kneejerk reaction, since it had nothing to do with the strength of WWE's show.

kiguel182

This is all true but I still love them when Rusev's involved. He's great and pointing out real problems with the US to get heat. Best heel in the company.

Except it doesn't work outside the US.

Like the pro-military speeches Cena makes. They look bad to anyone outside the US and it's pure propaganda. It's bad.

Except it doesn't work outside the US.

Like the pro-military speeches Cena makes. They look bad to anyone outside the US and it's pure propaganda. It's bad.

It works fine outside the US. We root for the heel. Rusev's war against the US has provided me with hours of enjoyment.

So many people failed America. So many. Cena was never going to, obviously... I knew that from the very beginning because Rusev was clearly on the Umaga path to a Cena loss... but the year or so or whatever it was building up to that. It was gold.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think we have just had some issues with communication. When I say Cena elevates people, I don't mean "puts them at his level" or even beyond. He helps people by working with them. He elevated Rusev, who was doing very well on his own but you know WWE booking, he would have had to eat a loss somewhere, sometime, had Cena not come along and wanted to keep him unbeaten. Barrett, while being a part of a hot angle, needed to go to the top with it and did. Pretend Cena was never involved. Then what was the Nexus? What would have happened with Barrett? I don't have many prospects. He elevated Evan Bourne, who turned out to be not worth the paper his contract was written on due to drug use. He brought the best out of Cesaro and helped him, despite his handicap. He HELPS people, I'm not saying he's training his replacements. It's simple.

imBask

Banned
and I don't think anyone is saying he buries 100% of his opponent, but saying he elevates everyone he feuds with is just as wrong if not more wrong

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't you know it's all about how many views the clips on YouTube get now (even though YouTube monetization is peanuts compared to the TV contract revenue and the ad revenue)?
Different gauge, anything that puts eyes on the product is important to use. It's no replacement for being on tv though. No need to pretend that YouTube is competitive with the advertising contracts on tv, that's just being dense on purpose.

kiguel182

It works fine outside the US. We root for the heel. Rusev's war against the US has provided me with hours of enjoyment.

So many people failed America. So many. Cena was never going to, obviously... I knew that from the very beginning because Rusev was clearly on the Umaga path to a Cena loss... but the year or so or whatever it was building up to that. It was gold.

I don't like having someone tell me their country is so good and it has freedom (implying others don't have) and then beating the foreign threat. I find it insulting.

I know Vince loves the US and loves to spew bullshit about it but I would like the WWE to realize that they have fans outside of it and could (should?) be more respectful towards it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like having someone tell me their country is so good and it has freedom (implying others don't have) and then beating the foreign threat. I find it insulting.

I know Vince loves the US and loves to spew bullshit about it but I would like the WWE to realize that they have fans outside of it and could (should?) be more respectful towards it.
Good thing they've toned it down a lot. You would have hated this Hulk Hogan guy from days of yore.

As dismal as Raw was I appreciate them somehow shoehorning in Kane to advertise Warcraft.

Lol at Rollins booking, I have no idea why anyone would've expected anything different.

The short lived Kane Klaw of asphyxiation beats them all friend, twas too real for this modern era.

THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG

Wow, it's been a year already since I watched that one tournament of death and was exposed to so much light tube smashing in one event that it lost all meaning halfway through just that one event.
Gooood times.

The Avatar of Ultraviolence hears you.
Death_266302_5825353.gif

Hell, a decent chunk of people in the US root for Rusev. He's awesome and has an amazingly hot valet / fiance. Rusev's a better ambassador for international wrestling than most faces.

Ronin Ray

Again it's symptomatic of how the losses and booking matter. If they don't give a shit about you, you don't matter, you're irrelevant, you're replaceable. There are 4 guys who are not replaceable.

Cena
Reigns
HHH
Rock

There's a reason you'll never see Rock lose to someone in 6 seconds, or Cena get beat up until he cries and begs for mercy, but Bray can. One of those 3 people doesn't matter, and it shows in the Ls he constantly takes

What about what Brock did to Cena?

Top Bottom