• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
CjwFjMrW0AMf3BN.jpg

Something something podcast

I lol'd

And just like Owens they'll be in the main event of every PPV from now until the rest of eternity. Based WWE booking to the rescue, thank you Vince.

Hey, being *on* every PPV since his debut is a big fucking deal no?

John Cena hasn't been in the main event of a PPV since November 2014. Oh I guess he's buried too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The rumor that NXT is being cancelled is pretty funny to me and would be the Vince-est thing in the universe.

Aiii

So not worth it

He's the only person that wasn't injured in that period, too. Participation championship belt for Owens, like a true millennial: it doesn't matter if you succeed, as long as you participate.

John Cena hasn't been in the main event of a PPV since November 2014. Oh I guess he's buried too.

It's okay, they're splitting the brands so both Cena and Reigns can be the main event.

1) Charlotte has too and you seem pretty cool ignoring that "big fucking deal" because ????

2) Cena has been injured two to three times and filming once in that time span, an important fact to your cherrypicking which you seem pretty cool ignoring because ????

Angry Grimace

The rumor is that they took NXT TakeOver Brooklyn off of the ticketmaster site, so the rumor everyone is going with is that NXT is cancelled because the next one is "THE END" so obviously its cancelled entirely.

As dismal as Raw was I appreciate them somehow shoehorning in Kane to advertise Warcraft.

Lol at Rollins booking, I have no idea why anyone would've expected anything different.

Haku claw choke > mandible claw
The short lived Kane Klaw of asphyxiation beats them all friend, twas too real for this modern era.

Your shitty, shitty thread has been visited by the spirit of UltraViolence. Sick bumps and flaming tables shall forever be yours, but only if you post "THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG" in this thread.

Jo3RZ1Q.png

THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG

Wow, it's been a year already since I watched that one tournament of death and was exposed to so much light tube smashing in one event that it lost all meaning halfway through just that one event.
Gooood times.

Lol at Rollins booking, I have no idea why anyone would've expected anything different..

Hope is the most foolish thing in the world and it's legitimately sad to see people falling for the same tricks after every return

You know at least 3 people here will be Upset when Bray comes back and loses a feud as a heel even though it's the least surprising thing

The rumor is that they took NXT TakeOver Brooklyn off of the ticketmaster site, so the rumor everyone is going with is that NXT is cancelled because the next one is "THE END" so obviously its cancelled entirely.
I legitimately believe Hunter would fight to make sure he keeps nXt running as that's his project and it has helped mold so many stars. I'm surprised that none of the heavy hitting leakers hsve commented on this.

As dismal as Raw was I appreciate them somehow shoehorning in Kane to advertise Warcraft.

Lol at Rollins booking, I have no idea why anyone would've expected anything different.

The short lived Kane Klaw of asphyxiation beats them all friend, twas too real for this modern era.

THANK YOU LORD ZANDIG

Wow, it's been a year already since I watched that one tournament of death and was exposed to so much light tube smashing in one event that it lost all meaning halfway through just that one event.
Gooood times.
Kane should've used it as an alternative finisher. As menacing as he was, it was believable that he could do it.

I was thinking, what if the SD GM is corporate Kane. How would everyone react to it?

kiguel182

Totally forgot about that Seth/Reigns segment. Terrible. Everything about it was bad. I think ignoring the WWE championship scene for now is okay.

1) Charlotte has too and you seem pretty cool ignoring that "big fucking deal" because ????

2) Cena has been injured two to three times and filming once in that time span, an important fact to your cherrypicking which you seem pretty cool ignoring because ????

What are you foaming at the mouth about? Are you suggesting Charlotte isn't also getting a major push?

Because she's getting a major push. We can tell this, partly, because she's been on every PPV. This is a big deal. A big enough deal that the WWE mentioned both of these facts. Which they did because they are pushing both of these wrestlers right now.

Cena wrestled on twelve PPVs since Survivor Series 2014. That's not even counting WrestleMania. He didn't main event any of them. The Brock / Seth / Cena match. His whole feud with Rusev. His whole feud with Rusev. His whole feud with Owens. None of these were the last match on a PPV card.

My point is simple. Not being in the main event doesn't mean you are getting buried.

If I was going to cherry pick, I wouldn't have counted Survivor series where he was one of ten guys involved in the main event, and was barely in the ring. But I didn't cherry pick.

Angry Grimace

I legitimately believe Hunter would fight to make sure he keeps nXt running as that's his project and it has helped mold so many stars. I'm surprised that none of the heavy hitting leakers hsve commented on this.

Meltzer just talked about it. He said he has no clue.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't force you all to see the reality of how good it is for someone to work with Cena, so feel free to keep getting upset about wins and losses and perceived burials because your faves didn't get the actual win.

I really wish someone would permanently ban any story line involving USA vs some foreigner. It's tired, played the fuck out and so incredibly pointless at this juncture in the world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish someone would permanently ban any story line involving USA vs some foreigner. It's tired, played the fuck out and so incredibly pointless at this juncture in the world.

Sadly, it still works. Bread and butter.

Luckily the only person that uttered the word "buried" was you.

Yep. The only people using "buried" at all anymore are the ones angrily mocking people who know their faves are going to lose constantly. How could they possibly believe it's true? LOOK AT THE CLUB...who are .500, AND STYLES...who has worse than .500

Sephzilla

I gotta give Sunny credit, he sticks to the gimmick pretty hard

But the Cena/Rusev build up was legitimately pretty good. Too bad Rusev also fell victim to the post-Cena problem

I was thinking, what if the SD GM is corporate Kane. How would everyone react to it?
Please don't get my hopes up, Sweeney just rightfully pointed out the problems with that after all.

Wait, Goldberg is a fucking pre-order bonus? He was a main character 2 years ago.

Personally I'm more surprised that the desperation for pandering to the past pre order incentives has gotten low enough for GOLDBERG EDITION...IN 2016!

Not a knock against ol' Goldyberger but he's so far from wrasslin' relevance these days.

Luckily the only person that uttered the word "buried" was you.

You're just going to ignore all the places where I said Owens and Charlotte are both getting major pushes then and all the evidence I gave? Where I responded to key points you made, with facts?

Meltzer just talked about it. He said he has no clue.
Yep we'll have to wait and see. But I don't think they'll can them. I think it's kinda weird to let some of the guys who can help fill out the rosters go especially if you're splitting the brands. It would be cool to see some veterans come back just to help put over the younger stars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta give Sunny credit, he sticks to the gimmick pretty hard

How many actual wrestlers saying it need to do so to smarten you up that it is the actual truth that working with Cena is good? It's like people being upset about CM Punk losing to the Rock. The fucking Rock. It was HUGE for Punk.

Personally I'm more surprised that the desperation for pandering to the past pre order incentives has gotten low enough for GOLDBERG EDITION...IN 2016!

Not a knock against ol' Goldyberger but he's so far from wrasslin' relevance these days.

At least they didn't pull a Sting and made the live audience believe he was coming back right then and there

Browny

Banned
I can't force you all to see the reality of how good it is for someone to work with Cena, so feel free to keep getting upset about wins and losses and perceived burials because your faves didn't get the actual win.

OXkkCVx.png

How many actual wrestlers saying it need to do so to smarten you up that it is the actual truth that working with Cena is good? It's like people being upset about CM Punk losing to the Rock. The fucking Rock. It was HUGE for Punk.

It was the beginning of the end for Punk.

Sephzilla

300px-Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png

I've only heard people say they like working with him, not that actually working with him actually benefited their careers in the long run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was the beginning of the end for Punk.

The end wasn't when Rock won. It was just the method to wash their hands of him for a bigger Main Event. On top of that, the entire year+ of Punk not being important as champion was it.

300px-Webcomic_xkcd_-_Wikipedian_protester.png

I've only heard people say they like working with him, not that actually working with him actually benefited their careers in the long run.

You really gonna make me do this fucking work? If I do this, you'd better change your tune. It's a pain in the ASS.

Please don't get my hopes up, Sweeney just rightfully pointed out the problems with that after all.

What's the problem? It gives him something to do 😊

I'm not really sure If I can consider Cena getting "fed" anymore, dude is full, he's rich in the nutrients of those below him from a decade long diet.
At this point even if an AJ loss is considered inevitable (I actually figure he'll win round 1 thanks to the club and then Cena will do Cena things afterwards) I still see this as a better direction for him right now than facing anyone else on the roster.

What's the problem? It gives him something to do ��

The problem is it'd be perfect and thus wont happen, my man has all the skills to save the authority figure trope, he's like the anti-Steph.

imBask

Banned
You really gonna make me do this fucking work? If I do this, you'd better change your tune. It's a pain in the ASS.

I really want to know, because I really believe the ratio of people who went downhill after feuding with Cena vs people who got elevated by that feud might be around 10 for 1

and again it's not about Cena it's about the booking around him, so we're not actually shitting on your boy you know

Browny

Banned
The end wasn't when Rock won. It was just the method to wash their hands of him for a bigger Main Event. On top of that, the entire year+ of Punk not being important as champion was it.

No one needed Twice in a lifetime. Punk - Cena would have been fine as a main event of WM. Hell, they wouldn't have had that no.1 contender's match - they could have just done that
piledriver in the main event of WM OMG
and it would have been great. The Rock wasn't needed.

XenoRaven

I mean technically you could say that being in the main event for a few months and then going back to the midcard and never main eventing again is better than never main eventing ever.

Top Bottom