• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

tm24

Amazing to see Rey Horus in an AAA arena in the Lucha Mega Powers team with fucking Rey Mysterio and Dr Wagner Jr

must be a huge moment for him

Its amazing how he went from one of 510 Rey ripoffs in tijuana and then preceded to just blow up in the best way.

Also, did anyone else enjoy Josh thinking La Parka was LA PARK? That was fun

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Its amazing how he went from one of 510 Rey ripoffs in tijuana and then preceded to just blow up in the best way.

Also, did anyone else enjoy Josh thinking La Parka was LA PARK? That was fun

What did you think of them doing Pentagon vs Tanaka?

Was very... un-AAA like. Hoping Bono sets that program up in his promotion or Zero-1 tries to get Pentagon to come over for a brief tour.

Pentagon vs Hayato
Pentagon vs Hideki Suzuki
Pentagon vs Tanaka
Pentagon vs Otani.

tm24

What did you think of them doing Pentagon vs Tanaka?

Was very... un-AAA like.

I credit the sponsors for just taking complete control of the situation and telling AAA booking to fuck off for the most part

Not going to lie though, i really wanted to see Akebono vs Pyscho.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
i enjoyed Ishimori working with Spud because it was literally the two biggest dweebs in wrestling facing each other

Menome

#Pray4Menome The Drifter got hurt at the NXT house show

JSHIepS.jpg

#Pray4WhoeverIsMenomesNextFav

Rumor is Menome's taking a hard look at No Way Jose.

If I'm cursed, I may have to use my powers responsibly and gimmick-post about Roman Reigns for the greater good of wrestling.

haha

You know, the internet is dumb as shit and there's a lot of ugly-ass stuff on here, but I'm so very thankful that someone thought to record Shop at Home and then convert it to YT so I can watch it on the toilet whenever I want.

Watching Don West and Shop At Home was basically my summer mornings while outta school. Home alone, friends weren't up and doing anything yet, so many mornings spent watching Don West yelling and screaming...and The Price is Right.

I don't know how Don West isn't a backstage interviewer for WWE

94 DIFFERENT BEANIE BABIES

Imagine his weirdo reaction as the camera lingers on him after the interview has ended.

Be interested in what they do with Bray once he's back, hopefully they can re-establish the Wyatts as a serious heel stable again.

Please, no more long go-nowhere do-nothing Wyatt heel promos that only get praised because they're delivered with flourish.

pariah164

So, today I learned GAF has a thread for Smarks. Sweet.

I mostly get my Wrestling news/developments from WhatCulture Wrestling (WCPW, yessss), SquaredCircle on Reddit and the Sidewalk Slam series on youtube (slow though it is), but I do watch NXT and RAW when I can. I usually don't pay attention to Smackdown, though I might if it has less Roman Reigns (cannot stand that dude).

Wrestling game commentary that takes me back, I used to think the commentary on WWF Warzone was amazing, probably just the novelty of having any voice work on an N64 game.

Certainly don't think the game aged well at all, limited modes and complex inputs for finishers mean it is a lot harder to go back than the AKI made games.

RBH

I mostly get my Wrestling news/developments from WhatCulture Wrestling (WCPW, yessss), SquaredCircle on Reddit and the Sidewalk Slam series on youtube (slow though it is), but I do watch NXT and RAW when I can. I usually don't pay attention to Smackdown, though I might if it has less Roman Reigns (cannot stand that dude).

Welcome!

How did you come across this thread in the first place?

I've never been a big fan of the thread titles for this thread since I feel like it can be kinda obscure and easy to pass over since it's not immediately obvious that it's a monthly wrestling thread.

pariah164

Welcome!

How did you come across this thread in the first place?

I've never been a big fan of the thread titles for this thread since I feel like it can be kinda obscure and easy to pass over since it's not immediately obvious that it's a monthly wrestling thread.
I was curious to see if anyone was talking about WCPW, since it looks really interesting. I did a search, and this thread (the May version of it anyway) popped up. So I just went to the last page, found the link to the June thread, and here I am.

RBH

I was curious to see if anyone was talking about WCPW, since it looks really interesting. I did a search, and this thread (the May version of it anyway) popped up. So I just went to the last page, found the link to the June thread, and here I am.

Nice, always glad to have new additions.

Welcome.

You're not alone when it comes to Reigns fatigue, but not to worry we discuss plenty of alternatives - NJPW, ROH, PROGRESS, Lucha Underground etc. We love wrestling in all it's many forms from the amazing technical matches to the insanity of spot fests in promotions low on the totem pole.

pariah164

Nice, always glad to have new additions.
Thanks! Glad I found this thread.

Welcome.

You're not alone when it comes to Reigns fatigue, but not to worry we discuss plenty of alternatives - NJPW, ROH, PROGRESS, Lucha Underground etc. We love wrestling in all it's many forms from the amazing technical matches to the insanity of spot fests in promotions low on the totem pole.
Good to hear. I try to expand my wrestling watching, particularly NJPW and ROH, but there's just so much stuff and not enough time.

Though after discussing wrestling online, I find myself curious as to how many smarks are also female and not watching wrestling for eye candy. I like to thikn I'm one of the few, but I know in my heart of hearts that's not really the case.

Thanks! Glad I found this thread.

Good to hear. I try to expand my wrestling watching, particularly NJPW and ROH, but there's just so much stuff and not enough time.

Though after discussing wrestling online, I find myself curious as to how many smarks are also female and not watching wrestling for eye candy. I like to thikn I'm one of the few, but I know in my heart of hearts that's not really the case.

I've been to plenty of shows with good numbers of female attendance and in my experience they tend to be well educated fans who genuinely appreciate the art of wrestling.

Top Bottom