• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

UberTag

I've been to plenty of shows with good numbers of female attendance and in my experience they tend to be well educated fans who genuinely appreciate the art of wrestling.
I suspect there's more of the out there than one would immediately guess. They're just not nearly as outspoken about it.

I finished the story last night. What a cluster fuck and only a way to make hhh look good as usual.

In DOR1 who you feud with depends on which brand you choose for your wrestler. Undertaker for Smackdown, Triple H for RAW.

HHH is also the main enemy in No Mercy's championship mode if you go for the WWF championship like.

In DOR1 who you feud with depends on which brand you choose for your wrestler. Undertaker for Smackdown, Triple H for RAW.

HHH is also the main enemy in No Mercy's championship mode if you go for the WWF championship like.
Oh! You're playing the first, I thought you were talking about 2. Which one has the better story?

Menome

So, today I learned GAF has a thread for Smarks. Sweet.

I mostly get my Wrestling news/developments from WhatCulture Wrestling (WCPW, yessss), SquaredCircle on Reddit and the Sidewalk Slam series on youtube (slow though it is), but I do watch NXT and RAW when I can. I usually don't pay attention to Smackdown, though I might if it has less Roman Reigns (cannot stand that dude).

Drift on in, friend.

SvvIdVt.jpg

So, let us know who your current Top 5 are and why Damien Sandow is obviously Number One.

I'm watching spring stampede 98 and god the torture rack is over, why has no one taken it as they're finisher since Lugar?
I think Brock was the closest you'll get to that as it was one of his signature moves. His was more menancing with the mannerisms and jumping up and down. Then! He'd toss you off too lol. We're in an era where everyone is using an armbar as their submission finisher but it would be cool to see a credible big guy use the rack. Maybe that big guy from NXT could use it.

"Kevin Nash has the nwo theme for himself, Hollywood hogan has voodoo child for his theme" *queue the nwo theme again.
(I know they had to censor it but I found it funny.)

Watching a lot of Georgia rasslin from '83 at the moment and Buzz Sawyer is just so damn good. All the promo's are gold, especially when book-ended by boring old Ole Anderson and Paul Ellering saying the same thing every episode, Sawyer's so amazingly intense. He comes across as genuinely unhinged, which probably wasn't far from the truth considering how his life played out, but goddamn he was so on fire at this point in time. Give these a watch;

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/739117578220654593/video/1 - "beCAAAAAAWWWSS" haha
https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/739119325152477188/video/1 - Sawyer with a proto-Warrior style promo here
https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/739126602412503046/video/1 - Mad Dog loses his goddamn mind, Solie's deadpan is the best

Sd v R 2008 was so bad. I know this is random but that game was some rare trash. The sad thing is, I vowed to never play it again because of the disappointment. And it was the first wrestling game for ps3, good grief.

This sign that says, "We want Booker T" is so jarring. Vince is probably like, "I know I said his name but who in the hell is Booker T?"

Did Booker T ever do an interview talking about the travesty that was 19?
They have a Booker T story in the network where he talks about JR saying that he should get over with the fans by mentioning his troubled history. You know the same guy who told R-Truth this is a white mens industry. But that's it.

Here's a 2015 interview from Booker

Honestly, even with my 35 championships it's never really been about titles for me. The fans were disappointed but I didn't go back to my room upset that I didn't win. For me it's always been about performing. People really wanted me to win – and it was a great match, we left everything in the ring. I can always respect HHH, that he was able to take it just as much as he could dish it out. Me not winning, I would not take that as a black mark on my career or anything like that. A lot of people were disappointed, a lot of office people came up to me and said you should have won. But it just wasn't meant for me that night and we move on."

Fox318

Booker T still gets a check from the WWE.

All that needs to be said about that match is it was the only one that was mysteriously not on the Mania of Wrestlemania doc.

Booker T still gets a check from the WWE.

All that needs to be said about that match is it was the only one that was mysteriously not on the Mania of Wrestlemania doc.
Yeah, I was like hmmm he's still under contract so he can't really say what he wants. But I remember when hhh came back in 2007(or was it 2008)there were reports that Booker was pissed about being Hunter's wipping boy at Summerslam. He and Rey came back looking jacked as hell even though they started that drug testing heavily lol.

Lol Taker stole Austin's tobacco or as he says "chew".

Sounds like I need to catch Shelton Benjamin vs. Maybach Taniguchi from NOAH, Okabayashi vs. Zeus from AJPW, and Eita vs. Jimmy Susumu and Akira Tozawa vs. Eita from Dragon Gate. Too much puro to watch.

Roflmfao Lita says they're trying to make stories to tell their children when filming for this

51SMQBCAARL._SX342_.jpg

How are you going to explain that to your children?

Zach

Got teary-eyed during the final segment of the Owen Hart tribute episode of RAW. Gah dang it, JR!

Foley, Mark Henry, Jeff Jarrett, Debra, and Road Dogg were also touching.

There were a couple of awkward tributes, like sociopath Triple H pretending to care and making sure to find the hard camera to tell Owen this or that. Pfftt.

I said pfftt, sir!

Carnby

Who else likes Jim From Virginia calls on Wrestling Observer Live? That dude should get his own weekend show.

pariah164

Drift on in, friend.

SvvIdVt.jpg

So, let us know who your current Top 5 are and why Damien Sandow is obviously Number One.
Poor Damien Sandow. He was so over and the fans popped so much for him, yet WWE just... sigh. I hope he gets a decent gig after this. Mr. Sandow, if by some chance you're reading this, PLEASE don't go to TNA. Please.

All the above goes for Wade Barrett too.

Current top 5 on the WWE roster in no particular order:

Dean Ambrose
Cesaro
AJ Styles
Seth Rollins
The New Day

On the NXT side, Bayley and Asuka both need to be on the main roster already. I want to see Asuka hip-drop Charlotte so hard that Charlotte's teeth fall out.

Poor Damien Sandow. He was so over and the fans popped so much for him, yet WWE just... sigh. I hope he gets a decent gig after this. Mr. Sandow, if by some chance you're reading this, PLEASE don't go to TNA. Please.

All the above goes for Wade Barrett too.

Current top 5 on the WWE roster in no particular order:

Dean Ambrose
Cesaro
AJ Styles
Seth Rollins
The New Day

On the NXT side, Bayley and Asuka both need to be on the main roster already. I want to see Asuka hip-drop Charlotte so hard that Charlotte's teeth fall out.

On the one hand, you've got Dean "Oodles of Noodles" Ambrose and Cesaro on your list and dissed Roman "The Guy" Reigns. On the other hand, you're a New Day fan as well as an Asuka fan.

Welcome to WrestlingGAF, friend. Feel free to ignore DM's demands to get his bags, he'll take it as a sign to bury you. If I wasn't at work, I'd post a handshake gif for you.

Top Bottom