• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

JavyOO7

Only 2 Nitro's at the Miami arena? I find that hard to believe. I think I was at this Nitro in 99. I remember it being pretty boring. http://www.profightdb.com/cards/wcw/nitro-4253.html

Not too long after I went to a WWF house show. I remember Kurt Angle being there and Austin was heel at this point. I believe main event was a cage match. It was fun. Did not go to another wrestling show until RAW in 2014 in Miami which was actually pretty decent. Even if it was 3 hours. Could had been even better if it was 2 hours...

Then I went to an NXT house show with my buddy in 2015 at WBP, then to the Rumble earlier this year, then went to another NXT house show in Miami earlier this year. NXT house shows are the best. Its great to see the established stars at that show like Bayley, Sami, Corbin and etc but also nice to see the 'up and comers' like El Sombra, Rich Swann, etc.

I do wish I live in the Orlando area... I would watch all those NXT house shows. And maybe go to Full Sail to watch NXT TV...

JEEEEEEEEZUS

ZyfG89l.gif

All Hail The Zandig!

Breaking up edge & Christian reeks of suckatude. That's one of the best signs I've ever seen, they even taped 3 signs top to bottom to make it.

Theme of the Day:

Post the card from your first WWE live event.

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/results.htm

My first.... and only WWE live event. With a line-up like this, I can't understand why.

The only parts I remember are the Hitman/Flair and Taker/Shango matches (Shango set a firework off in Taker's face). I remember Repo Man and Max Moon being there but not their opponents.

WWF @ London, England - Earls Court - February 4, 1993
Virgil defeated Repo Man
Rick Martel defeated Max Moon (sub. for Marty Jannetty)
Bam Bam Bigleow defeated the Big Bossman
The Nasty Boys defeated WWF Tag Team Champions Ted Dibiase & IRS via disqualification
The Headshrinkers defeated the Bushwhackers
The Undertaker defeated Papa Shango
WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Ric Flair

UberTag

I'm more excited to see Lesnar at UFC than I am seeing him in the WWE.
Naturally. There's spectacle involved. He might not win. He's going to do more than just suplex his opponent. Shots to the balls are illegal. All sorts of things make this unpredictable and exciting unlike most everything the WWE does.

Anything can happen in the UFC! (Remember when this used to be somebody else's slogan?)

He dropped out when they told him he would have to make Casey jones look strong.

Looks like he auditioned for it, but they went with Sheamus.

"I just assumed he's a bigger dude, so they gave it to the big guy," Punk said, via The Chicago Tribune. "It makes sense. They were looking for two big, muscly bouncer types. (Sheamus) fits the role."

I fucking hated this Perry Saturn shit as a kid but this is funny as hell now. I eight the garbage can.

AHA!

Taker's stalker is King Mabel, he talks about power and Taker had a crazy feud with him in 95. Also he tried to hit on Tori when she was with Kane so he figured he will get even by taking Taker's wife now.

somedevil

Brock will be on ESPN at 10am tommorrow:

Tomorrow Brock Lesnar joins me in studio for an exclusive interview in the 10am ET hour of @SportsCenter #SC FaceToFace on ESPN.

Probably will announce his opponent as well.

Fox318

zPaoYO6.png

Rumor has it that Punk will fight at that event.

CM Punk will fight on a UFC card potentially sponsored by the WWE.

MG310

I hope they have someone lined up to talk shit about Brock ducking them for the month leading up to his UFC fight.

bjork

Theme of the Day:

Post the card from your first WWE live event.

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/results.htm

I've mentioned mine before, but it was at the town's minor league baseball field and the dugouts were separated by good guys and bad guys. They had a concession stand in center field, and HBK was signing autographs prior to the show. Someone asked him how much he bench pressed and he said 500, and the newest magazine was (I think) Lawler sitting at a table for some King of the Ring coverage or something?

WWF @ Lake Elsinore, CA - July 27, 1995 (3,300)
Adam Bomb defeated Rad Radford
Waylon Mercy defeated the 1-2-3 Kid
WWF Women's Champion Alundra Blayze defeated Bertha Faye
WWF World Champion Diesel & WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels defeated IRS (sub. for Psycho Sid) & Tatanka
Fatu defeated Henry Godwinn
WWF Tag Team Champions Owen Hart & Yokozuna defeated Lex Luger & Davey Boy Smith
The Undertaker defeated Kama in a casket match

Only 5 dead guys on the card, and my friend and I got the thumbs up from Owen for being like the only two dudes cheering for him. Good times.

MG310

I also went to this one...Brawl For All Finals and a HIAC match between Kane and Mankind the week before Summerslam 98.

WWF @ Philadelphia, PA - Corestates Center - August 24, 1998 (14,727; sell out)

El Merenguero defeated Scott Taylor
Max Mini defeated El Torito
Armando Fernandez defeated Sho Funaki

Shotgun - 8/29/98:
D-Lo Brown defeated Dustin Runnels
Bob Holly defeated Dick Togo
The Headbangers defeated the Pitbulls
Skull & 8-Ball defeated Ace Darling & Devon Storm

Raw is War:
Ken Shamrock defeated Dan Severn via disqualification at 2:54 when Owen Hart interfered; Steve Blackman made the save after the match but was met with a suplex by Shamrock; moments later, Blackman returned the favor
Kurrgan (w/ Sable, Luna, & the Oddities) defeated Marc Mero (w/ Jackie) via disqualification at 1:40 after suffering a low blow
The Road Dogg & Billy Gunn defeated Southern Justice at 3:15 after Gunn hit a piledriver on Mark Cantabury; after the bout, Southern Justice and Jeff Jarrett attacked a cameraman and shaved his head
WWF Tag Team Champion Kane fought WWF Tag Team Champion Mankind to a no contest in a Hell in a Cell match at 7:30 when Steve Austin came up from under the ring and attacked Kane (Hell in a Cell)
X-Pac defeated Gangrel via disqualification when Jeff Jarrett interfered and hit X-Pac with a guitar
Brawl for All Finals: Bart Gunn defeated Bradshaw via TKO

Top Bottom