• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

UberTag

That segment with the reveal was incredible.
uv8cw5k.gif

As someone who never had access to WCW the handling of the Invasion storyline didnt bother me that much at the time but I can totally see how WCW fans where real bummed.

I went to the final show that CM Punk...'s theme song was played:

WWE @ Chicago, IL - AllState Arena - March 3, 2014 (13,741; sell out)
Raw - featured an opening segment in which CM Punk's music played, with Paul Heyman then appearing, taking the mic, and holding the mic up as the crowd chanted "CM Punk;" Heyman went on to tell Punk's story, how he wasn't wanted in WWE, didn't have the look, and wasn't seen as a WrestleMania main eventer; Heyman went on to say Punk wasn't in the building and he was more upset about it than anyone else; he said; sitting on the canvas, he said the fans and the Undertaker were to blame and he would seek revenge on Taker with Brock Lesnar; Lesnar then appeared and cut a promo saying Taker was afraid of him and mocked Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Punk for losing to Taker at WrestleMania, adding he would end the streak; moments later, Mark Henry appeared, with the two brawling around ringside before Lesnar dropped Henry with the F5 onto the commentary table

Jimmy & Jey Uso defeated WWE Tag Team Champions the Road Dogg & Billy Gunn at 9:26 when Jimmy pinned Gunn with the splash off the top; following their entrance, Road Dogg took the mic and said Chicago wasn't worthy of hearing their catch phrases

WWE IC Champion Big E Langston defeated Antonio Cesaro (w/ Zeb Colter & Jack Swagger) via disqualification in a non-title match at 1:26 when Swagger ran in the ring and hit a Swagger Bomb; after the match, Cesaro and Swagger argued; after the match, Langston hit the Big Ending on Cesaro

Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan defeated WWE US Champion Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, & Roman Reigns at 13:55 when Wyatt pinned Ambrose with the Sister Abigail; during the bout, the crowd chanted "This is awesome;" late in the match, Ambrose left ringside, refusing to take into the match, and told Reigns and Ambrose to work out their problems without him; Rollins watched the remainder of the bout from the stage

Emma & Santino Marella defeated Summer Rae & Fandango at 3:19 when Summer sumitted to the Emma Lock; during the bout, the crowd chanted "CM Punk" and "We want Ziggler"

Sheamus pinned Christian with the Brogue Kick at 14:01; during the match, the crowd chanted "This is awful," "Boring," and "CM Punk"

Nikki & Brie Bella defeated Aksana & Alicia Fox at 4:12 when Nikki pinned Fox with a modified backbreaker

Dolph Ziggler (w/ Aaron Paul) pinned Alberto Del Rio with a reversal into the Zig Zag at 2:45, moments after ADR became distracted by Paul, standing on the commentary table; prior to the bout, Paul drove Ziggler into the arena in a Mustang; Paul provided guest commentary for the bout

WWE IC Champion Big E Langston defeated Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter & Antonio Cesaro) via disqualification in a non-title match at the 7-second mark when Cesaro dropped Langston with the Neutralizer; after the match, the two argued before Cesaro set Swagger up for the Cesaro Swing; Colter then took the mic and told Cesaro not to listen to the fans and to not hurt his "brother;" Colter then had the two hug

Daniel Bryan defeated Batista via disqualification at 10:10 when WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton, who sat ringside for the bout, attacked Bryan; late in the match, Triple H, Kane, and Stephanie McMahon appeared ringside; after the match, Bryan hit the flying knee to the head to Orton and knocked Kane off the apron onto Triple H; moments later, Triple H grabbed Bryan and the mic and went to cut a promo before Bryan kicked Triple H in the head; Batista then hit the sit-down powerbomb on Bryan, with Triple H following with the Pedigree; following the telecast, as shown on WWE Backstage Pass, the Big Show and then John Cena ran out to make the save

UberTag

Triple H is in the 3 most boring Mania main-events.
Orton at 25
Roman at 32
Jericho at 18
What's his deal?
He's a boring wrestler.
There's a match vs. Undertaker that wasn't built around finisher spamming he'd like you to forget from Mania as well. By contrast, getting squashed by the Warrior was perfectly watchable.

RBH

Theme of the Day:

Post the card from your first WWE live event.

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/results.htm

WrestleMania 27 (April 3rd, 2011)

-Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan ended in no contest

-The Great Khali eliminated Sheamus to win the pre-show battle royal

-Edge (c) (with Christian) defeated Alberto Del Rio (with Ricardo Rodriguez and Brodus Clay) for the World Heavyweight Championship

-Cody Rhodes defeated Rey Mystery

-Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston defeated The Corre (Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel)

-Randy Orton defeated CM Punk

-Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger) defeated Jerry Lawler by disqualification

-The Undertaker defeated Triple H

-John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Nicole Polizzi defeated LayCool (Michelle McCool and Layla) and Dolph Ziggler (with Vickie Guerrero)

-The Miz (c) (with Alex Riley) defeated John Cena for the WWE Championship
cry.gif

UberTag

Still kinda surreal that Brock is about to work UFC 200 and Summerslam.
He's gotta get through UFC 200 without getting himself hurt first before we can lock that in.
Although he probably doesn't need to be 100% healthy to make Roman look strong.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Still kinda surreal that Brock is about to work UFC 200 and Summerslam.

It's the worst case scenario: he's probably fighting a can at UFC 200 to build up his stock, then jobbing to Roman at SS.

Fucking Austin scewed Benicho the fucking titles. He's history at KoTR.

Wtf Vince isn't siding with Austin. You're fucking stupid. He gave up everything to be on your side.

They really should hire Zandig to teach harnessing your natural charisma. Joe could finally get a receipt for eating all of those body blows during the ROH vs. CZW war.

On the other hand, Zandig couldn't compete against Danny Havoc in his tournament finals, which is a shame.

JEEZUS, imagine Zandig vs. Kongo Kong.

dude hes gotta wash his bike

it takes time to wax
He and his wife can't fit on that bike. He's too big!

These rumours about one of the Chris' taking the belt to wCw are kinda cool. But Jericho shooting by saying that wCw actually has a good credible boss now.

Coketruck

I've never actually attended a WWE/F show before, so here's the card for the first pro wrestling show I went to:

WCW Spring Breakout 99
Panama City Brach, FL 3/22/99

- Bull Payne vs. Van Hammer
- El Dandy/Psychosis/Silver King/La Cucaracha vs. Lizmark Jr./Damian/Super Calo/La Parka
- Fit Finlay vs. Rick Steiner
- El Vampiro vs Juentud Guerrera
- Goldberg vs. Hardcore Hak
- Horace vs. Vince
- Tag Team Championship match: Raven vs. Dean Malenko/Chris Benoit
- Scott Steiner vs. Chris Jericho
- World Championship match: Rey Mysterio, Jr. Vs. Ric Flair

Hell of a show, folks. Glad I went back for the next spring break show a couple of years later and inadvertently saw the last Nitro in person.

Fox318

Melz said that Vince could be in the know of who the UFC pick and it got me thinking .

Who would Vince think Brock would beat....

UFC's current roster's shortest heavyweight fighter is.... Mark Hunt at 5'10"

CWih1AH.gif

shanafan

My first WWF events were in 1991. I don't remember the card for the house show I went to, but my mom did find $20 and she bought me Bret Hart shades.

Later that year, she took me to the 1991 Survivor Series when Undertaker won his first WWF title by beating Hulk Hogan.. with some assistance from the Nature Boy ;)

I'm still lowkey mad at my grandma for taking me to my first wrestling show more than a decade ago and it was a goddamned WCW event. I didn't know who anybody was aside from Hogan, and not even he could get me to care.

Striker

At the time this shit was huuuuuge! DDP was the man back in the day and well..... We know the rest. Now watching they segment, it was kinda long winded.
It was great at the time. Now when you read about some things and have heard what DDP said about the angle (specifically Taker not going to put him over; i.e WCW sucks breh), it brings it down a bunch. Shame because DDP would have a fun couple years there if given a proper chance.

UberTag

Melz said that Vince could be in the know of who the UFC pick and it got me thinking .

Who would Vince think Brock would beat....

UFC's current roster's shortest heavyweight fighter is.... Mark Hunt at 5'10"
He's also 42 years old... even less of a spring chicken than Brock. Brock is 3 years and 4 months his junior.
He's also... get this... of Samoan descent. Just like our hero Roman Reigns.

Meltzer ranted last night that Hunt would be a poor matchup for Brock as his takedown defense is quite good - but then, it's not like the WWE thinks much of Dave's opinions these days.

I'm still lowkey mad at my grandma for taking me to my first wrestling show more than a decade ago and it was a goddamned WCW event. I didn't know who anybody was aside from Hogan, and not even he could get me to care.
What year could it have been in WCW where it wasn't full of WWF guys?
93? 94? 95?
If so, that's two decades, brother.

Fox318

He's also 42 years old... even less of a spring chicken than Brock. Brock is 3 years and 4 months his junior.
He's also... get this... of Samoan descent. Just like our hero Roman Reigns.

Meltzer ranted last night that Hunt would be a poor matchup for Brock as his takedown defense is quite good - but then, it's not like the WWE thinks much of Dave's opinions these days.

Honestly from the Vince storytelling perspective it fits in.

Brock beats short Samoan man with a big gut so Brock can job to his vest wearing tall Samoan with long wet hair.

6tCIuZIl.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He could just job Samoa Joe out to Brock if he needed that rub

Top Bottom