• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

kiguel182

Good thing they've toned it down a lot. You would have hated this Hulk Hogan guy from days of yore.

They have and, frankly, I do appreciate that. Hulk Hogan's days were terrible when it came to that stuff but (and I think this is important) they weren't positioning themselves as a world wide company.

Saying you have fans across the world but then focusing part of your programming on how the US is so great just rubs me the wrong way and it makes it hard to support the company.

I've complained about their "the military is so good" propaganda before so it's nothing new but I can't help but talk about it still.

Fuck Zandig

Which one were you?
6072de2bd8e00533d27fbd8a58fa2e26fbbecc8a_hq.gif

So am I doing something wrong with my life that I have never seen a Zandig match or should I consider myself lucky?

I rarely say this, but I think you can get a better appreciation for John Zandig through the gifs than the actual matches.

UberTag

AJ STYLES TELEVISION WIN-LOSS RECORD SINCE DEBUTING FOR WWE

January 24th - Eliminated by Kevin Owens in the Royal Rumble match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (eventually won by Triple H) - 0-1
January 25th - Pinfall victory over Chris Jericho on Monday Night RAW - 1-1
January 26th - Pinfall victory over Curtis Axel on Smackdown - 2-1 (only successful use of the Styles Clash to win a match)
February 2nd - Submission victory over The Miz on Smackdown - 3-1
February 9th - Tag team pinfall victory (w/ Chris Jericho) over The Social Outcasts (Adam Rose & Curtis Axel) on Smackdown - 4-1
February 9th - Pinfall loss to Chris Jericho on Smackdown - 4-2
February 15th - Submission victory over The Miz on Monday Night RAW - 5-2
February 21st - Submission victory over Chris Jericho at WWE Fastlane - 6-2
February 22nd - Tag team submission victory (w/ Chris Jericho) over The Social Outcasts (Curtis Axel & Heath Slater) on Monday Night RAW - 7-2
February 23rd - Tag team submission victory (w/ Chris Jericho & Mark Henry) over The New Day on Smackdown - 8-2
February 29th - Tag team submission victory (w/ Chris Jericho) over The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston) on Monday Night RAW - 9-2
March 1st - Pinfall victory over Kofi Kingston on Smackdown - 10-2
March 7th - Tag team pinfall loss (w/ Chris Jericho) to The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston) in a match for the WWE Tag Team Championship on Monday Night RAW - 10-3
March 15th - Pinfall loss to Kevin Owens on Smackdown - 10-4
March 21st - Pinfall loss to Kevin Owens on Monday Night RAW - 10-5
March 22nd - Pinfall victory over Tyler Breeze on Smackdown - 11-5
March 28th - Pinfall victory over Heath Slater on Smackdown - 12-5
April 3rd - Pinfall loss to Chris Jericho at WrestleMania 32 - 12-6
April 4th - Pinfall victory in Fatal 4-Way match over Cesaro, Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens on Monday Night RAW - 13-6 (to be named #1 contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship)
April 5th - Tag team pinfall victory (w/ Cesaro) over Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens on Smackdown - 14-6
April 11th - Pinfall victory over Sami Zayn on Monday Night RAW - 15-6
April 12th - Pinfall victory over Alberto Del Rio on Smackdown - 16-6
April 19th - Pinfall victory over The Miz on Smackdown - 17-6
April 25th - Pinfall victory over Sheamus on Monday Night RAW - 18-6
May 1st - Pinfall loss to Roman Reigns in a No DQ / No Countout match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Payback - 18-7 (although Styles did win the match twice before those stips were added)
May 2nd - Tag team pinfall victory (w/ The Club) over Roman Reigns and The Usos on Monday Night RAW - 19-7
May 3rd - Tag team pinfall loss (w/ The Club) to Roman Reigns and The Usos on Smackdown - 19-8
May 9th - Tag team DQ loss (w/ The Club) in a Tag Elimination match to Roman Reigns and The Usos on Monday Night RAW - 19-9
May 22nd - Pinfall loss to Roman Reigns in an Extreme Rules match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Extreme Rules - 19-10
May 23rd - Pinfall loss to Kevin Owens on Monday Night RAW - 19-11 (Money in the Bank qualification match)

Noteworthy observations...
- AJ Styles has never been submitted in a match
- AJ Styles is 0-3 against Kevin Owens in singles competition
- AJ Styles is 3-0 against The Miz in singles competition
- Y2AJ were perfect in tag team competition apart from losing their one match for the titles (perhaps they can tag again post-Money in the Bank if Balor fails to get called up)
- AJ's heel turn and The Club challenging The New Day means we should get more opportunities to see him in the ring against Xavier Woods (this is a VERY good thing)

Apologies to the four or five Europeans complaining about ultraviolet or whatever. I'll do better next time. K?
QWfLweb.gif

The strength here, both internally and externally, needs to be admired. He's a piece of shit, but love or hate him, you have to respect Roman Reigns' heart

imBask

Banned
Number of times people kicked out of the styles clash before WWE : not many
Number of times people kicked out of the styles clash in WWE : Every god damn time

Number of times people kicked out of the styles clash before WWE : not many
Number of times people kicked out of the styles clash in WWE : Every god damn time
I think it's dumb to market a flying move like that as finish for a big star like him.

UberTag

Now that we have the pre-Cena numbers for Styles, we can make observations based on his post-Cena performance to compare with.

Thus far, he has lost 10 times... mainly to put over Reigns (4), Owens (3) and Jericho (2) - I'll ignore the Rumble elimination here, although that served to put Owens over as well.

We know he'll be putting Cena over a bunch. So after those defeats, let's see how Styles measures up vs. his earlier record and see how his win-loss performance (which means nothing) and his merchandise sales (which means everything) are impacted by "being elevated" by the Champ.

That's like 90% of finishers.

Either way, I don't see why people are still mad about the Styles Clash, not a single finisher is protected anymore.

What was the last one? Cena's FU?
Roman's spear seems pretty protected to me... one Ambrose kickout notwithstanding.

Fox318

Kayfabe or real?

I don't think Vince really had a falling out with Rock at all.

Vince didn't resign The Rock because he played a gay man in a movie.

Plus HHH convinced him that the Rock would come crawling back after he didn't make it in Hollywood.

Jesus christ the back and forth on Cena/burrying is too much. Sometimes I feel like fans focus way too much on some of this stuff to the point it begins to ruin what's going on in front of them.

Top Bottom