• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

It was great at the time. Now when you read about some things and have heard what DDP said about the angle (specifically Taker not going to put him over; i.e WCW sucks breh), it brings it down a bunch. Shame because DDP would have a fun couple years there if given a proper chance.
I've only hears hearsay on the issue tbh. I think they could've at least let DDP win one with the help of other wCw guy, then Taker could've taken the last match. I don't remember how long they were involved in a feud either.

Adree

I want to see Brock and Punk get the shit kicked out of them and ruin Summerslam. Does that mean I'm a UFC fan now?

UberTag

Yo wtf angle throwing Shane through this glass and trying to do it again. Fuck Shane is gonna be dead
9da2da59abeb367df0363bc858accdf737bc1402_hq.gif

I want to see Brock and Punk get the shit kicked out of them and ruin Summerslam. Does that mean I'm a UFC fan now?

Well Ufc has to promote summerslam at Ufc 202 which is just before SS and the current planned debut date for Punk.

I am sure they would love it if punk lost.

If brock loses I wonder how that will effect his current wwe booking. I mean we all know what happens when he wins. He will lose his next match of Vince can giggle at making thr legit fighter lose to some random Samoan.

Well Ufc has to promote summerslam at Ufc 202 which is just before SS and the current planned debut date for Punk.

I am sure they would love it if punk lost.

If brock loses I wonder how that will effect his current wwe booking. I mean we all know what happens when he wins. He will lose his next match of Vince can giggle at making thr legit fighter lose to some random Samoan.

I wonder if WWE has to reciprocate and promote 202. If Vince has to promote Punk's debut LOL

Yo wtf angle throwing Shane through this glass and trying to do it again. Fuck Shane is gonna be dead

Angle was legit pissed about that.

Imagine trying to do a spot but the glass doesn't break. Now imagine you're doing it on the boss's son. Now imagine the son continues to beg from his increasingly corpsified mouth that you do it until it works like the script asked, and that the dad will fire you if you don't essentially kill this man for bloodsport.

WWE was dark essentially throughout every era/time, it's just amazing how stuff looking pretty can hide that

Fox318

Hopefully Brock losses and throws everything off.

Who he fights will really say alot about how much control the WWE or Brock had in choosing the fight.

Names that could draw

Mark Hunt
  • Originally rumored to be training in case Cain gets injured (which he will).

Junior Dos Santos
  • Coming off win in April around the time of Mania but he is coming off of an injury

UFC could throw somebody like a Ruslan Magomedov but who knows.

Names that could draw but outside factors prevent it

CM Punk
  • Weight class difference
  • Experience difference
  • WWE Lawsuit might have made things tricky
  • Injury

Fedor
  • Fighting in June
  • Probably won't pass a USADA test

Josh Barnett
  • Booked to fight in December

Brendan Schaub
  • Not in any camp right now and filed his retirement papers with USADA

Frank Mir
  • Suspended by USADA for 2 years for violation

Shane Carwin
  • He isn't in any camp
  • Frankly because he tweeted this:
  • gndQnlY.png

CroCop:
  • Suspended by USADA for 2 years for violation

Roy Nelson
  • Booked for Show in July

Bobby Lashly
  • No way Bellator lets him go
  • Working TNA show soon and not in camp

Alistair Overeem
  • Fighting for the title at UFC 203

Shane gonna laugh it off. Shane got his quarters to regain health.
money couldn't save him this time.

Angle was legit pissed about that.

Imagine trying to do a spot but the glass doesn't break. Now imagine you're doing it on the boss's son. Now imagine the son continues to beg from his increasingly corpsified mouth that you do it until it works like the script asked, and that the dad will fire you if you don't essentially kill this man for bloodsport.

WWE was dark essentially throughout every era/time, it's just amazing how stuff looking pretty can hide that
If angle ever comes back, this is one that needs some live commentary. This is probably my second time watching the match but I didn't hear stories about the spot until last year. But that fall in the head is sick.

Recall

Lol!

You've gotta be kidding me? What do you mean?

He was deemed as unsafe and thusly punished once the planned run vs the Rock was done.

The behind scene politics were crazy in 2002 and 2003.

Booker also earned a bad reputation as he liked to play on his Gameboy Advance and Triple H used it as showing that Booker wasn't willing to learn by watching others matches.

I blame that on Austin!!! He fucks up way too much.
I just read about it, apparently they were supposed to clear the table for Booker before the spot and they didn't.
Bruce P was like you need to apologize to Austin and maybe pack his bags for him.

Bruce is also the same one who took part in telling R-Truth that thw wrestling business is a white mens industry.

UberTag

He was deemed as unsafe and thusly punished once the planned run vs the Rock was done.

Booker also earned a bad reputation as he liked to play on his Gameboy Advance and Triple H used it as showing that Booker wasn't willing to learn by watching others matches.
Imagine if people only learned how to wrestle by watching Triple H's matches.
The WWE would have closed up shop long ago.

I just read about it, apparently they were supposed to clear the table for Booker before the spot and they didn't.
Bruce P was like you need to apologize to Austin and maybe pack his bags for him.

Bruce is also the same one who took part in telling R-Truth that thw wrestling business is a white mens industry.
That sounds familiar, right Blue?

What a bitch. Booker has been around the block longer than Hunter and probably watched more skilled matches than Hunter(lol). I'd loce to hear more backstage stories since I didnt follow the sheets back then. Well.
That sounds familiar, right Blue?
I legit lold.

IT'S MIKE AWESOME, HE'S THE HAEDCORE CHAMPION

Recall

Everyone wanted to protect their spots.

Kurt Angle vetoed against RVD as he had a problem with how stiff/reckless RVD worked.

Triple H and Austin were in full on paranoid mode.

Undertaker was working with the WCW guys and they weren't helping themselves in the slightest backing up everyone's claims that the WCW talent can't work.

Kurt Angle vetoed against RVD as he had a problem with how stiff/reckless RVD worked.

Undertaker was working with the WCW guys and they weren't helping themselves in the slightest backing up everyone's claims that the WCW talent can't work.
Angle probably had ot out for everyone in ecw because of the history he had with them.

Were there ever any complaints about Eddie or Benoit? Or were they so damn good that tv get fit in perfectly? Also how about Billy Kidman?

Mizerman

Not surprised about RVD. Nor about Austin since his walkout in 2002.

Recall

Angle probably had ot out for everyone in ecw because of the history he had with them.

Were there ever any complaints about Eddie or Benoit? Or were they so damn good that tv get fit in perfectly? Also how about Billy Kidman?

They were more interested in making sure Kidman split from his real life wrestling girlfriend more than every doing much with him. A trend they've continued with since only Lana and Rusev have survived so far.

I never once read any complaints against the Radicals, but before 2007 what exactly could you hold against Benoit?

They were more interested in making sure Kidman split from his real life wrestling girlfriend more than every doing much with him. A trend they've continued with since only Lana and Rusev have survived so far.

I never once read any complaints against the Radicals, but before 2007 what exactly could you hold against Benoit?
Yeah I remember someone telling me about the Kidman and Torrie thing and I thought that it sucked. Maybe they actually saw something in him and they figured she would just ruin what he could become.

Most of the radical guys were legit professionals and all about business as well so that make sense. Of course I've heard Eddie had small anger issues kinda like hbk, I guess frustration would be what I'm looking for.

Striker

Benoit got pushed fairly quick I thought. Kind of a lower end main eventer but he held his own. His stuff with Jericho and with Rock was good quality.

Menome

I did not watch TNA last night after all. A friend wanted to play kideo games online and I decided having fun was the better option.

Benoit got pushed fairly quick I thought. Kind of a lower end main eventer but he held his own. His stuff with Jericho and with Rock was good quality.
I ummm forgot all about his neck injury. I couldn't exactly remember when it happened but it all makea sense now because I didn't recall anything involving him during the invasion period. Which you have to ask yourself how would thing have played out regarding the undisputed title. Or what side they would've put him on. Because when he came back, that's when they gave him the 'whatever' theme song isn't it?

Damn Booker clapped Vince. IT'S ON NOW! THIS IS WAR!

Booker T got shafted for his first three years and when finally did get his main event spot in WWE, they saddled him with a lame gimmick.
The King Booker gimmick was Booker's idea 😊 and he lovwd it. He said what made it even better was being able to add his wife as his on screen Queen lol.

UberTag

The King Booker gimmick was clearly too good to have been conjured up by Creative on its own.
I mean, it was great. It couldn't have been more obvious it was Booker's idea. Creative sucks.

Didn't know that, in that case then that it is awesome.
He talked about it on a couple occasions. There's also a Booker T 24 type thing
IIRC the Radicalz didn't get as much shit (in comparison) since they jumped ship on their own and didn't come along with the WCW purchase.
When you put those four together, they had more talent than all of the others combined who came over other than Lance Storm and Booker. I'm not going to count Flair.

Oh shit, wCw matches on Raw! And Invasion? This shit is going to be awesome, the ratings are going to be off the roof. They may have to make sd and raw 3 hours a piece!

Mizerman

The King Booker gimmick was Booker's idea 😊 and he lovwd it. He said what made it even better was being able to add his wife as his on screen Queen lol.

It was amusing when he would use a fake British accent as King Booker, then revert back to Booker T whenever he got pissed.

IIRC the Radicalz didn't get as much shit (in comparison) since they jumped ship on their own and didn't come along with the WCW purchase.

Oh yeah.

Kurita

The short documentary about Booker on the Network was great.
Dude is one of my favs, a shame he got treated like shit.

It was amusing when he would use a fake British accent as King Booker, then revert back to Booker T whenever he got pissed.

Oh yeah.
I want to give you the 100% on that but I can't lol. Well Booker T had the Dave Chappelle moment about when keeping it real goes wrong.

He had hella heat though, I knew it wasn't real but he would find a way to get me sometimes but I'd laugh afterwards. WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOUST WITH KING BOOKER

ALBERT THE NEW IC CHAMPION!

Top Bottom