• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

UberTag

One of my favourite Booker moments is the fight in the grocery shop with Austin.
Not only was that an iconic segment but it was a SmackDown-original segment.
Something the WWE needs to get back to post-brand split if they hope to get people watching both shows.
We need memorable segments on television outside of RAW again.

Torrie Wilson omfg. She's trying to jump ships. Angle and Austin becoming the two new stooges.

Seeing Torrie and Stacy has put me on a nostalgia trip. I can't wait for the brand split just for Smackdown.

Shibata has sort of become background character tier to me. and I don't think a Nagata feud is helping that any.

Well, he's obviously not a huge focus at the moment, but I'm loving the hell out of this feud - Nagata is fired up, looks the best he has in years, better than he did in the Shinsuke matches. Don't know what's not to love.

Recall

Triple H should have lost to Booker T at mania.

I know people enjoyed the team but I always wanted something better than Booker T and Goldust in a team.

JambiBum

Speaking of the Austin/Booker segment in the store, when was the last time they did something outside of an arena like that? Talking about in the last 6 years or so.

klonere

Banned
Well, he's obviously not a huge focus at the moment, but I'm loving the hell out of this feud - Nagata is fired up, looks the best he has in years, better than he did in the Shinsuke matches. Don't know what's not to love.

Agreed, the focus is on LIJ/CHAOS and the Juniors right now which is perfectly fine. Everything else seems to be running at a lower gear.

Still I hope this is the year Shibata gets that always talked about big G1 run.

Triple H should have lost to Booker T at mania.

I know people enjoyed the team but I always wanted something better than Booker T and Goldust in a team.

I agree, at that point Booker was over and the loss at Mania was unnecessary, just another exercise in Triple H stroking his ego.

miserable

Rusev trying to be carny lol

capture2wwoyh.png

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Not counting when Heyman talks for him, I think it's fair to say that Brock's greatest ever promo was the one he gave at the end of UFC 100. He was already the top heel in the company at that time, but that promo truly cemented it. Middle finger to the fans, disrespecting the opponent he just beat, not giving a fuck about sponsors and letting everyone know he was going to fuck Sable that night. Truly fantastic heel work.

klonere

Banned
Jesus Ospreay and Volador just did a Spanish Fly from the top rope where they both landed on their feet.

Actual BoSJ spoilers

OSPREAY OSPREAY OSPREAY WINNAH

klonere

Banned
CHAOS/LIJ 6/8 mans are always amazing. What a fucking feud.

we need a rematch of this. also, i miss these type of intros

ouhxvjH.gif

gu51V4v.gif

I wasn't around for the video intros like that but I agree they are very cool if done well. I know they are a production headache though.

shanafan

I want to give you the 100% on that but I can't lol. Well Booker T had the Dave Chappelle moment about when keeping it real goes wrong.

He had hella heat though, I knew it wasn't real but he would find a way to get me sometimes but I'd laugh afterwards. WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOUST WITH KING BOOKER

ALBERT THE NEW IC CHAMPION!

Were you watching back then and now rewatching, or first time seeing the old stuff?

Kaladin

Got through Wrestlemania 13 last night. Austin vs Bret from WM13 remains one of my favorite all time WWE matches. It's the right kind of brutal. I loved that they worked it as more of a NO DQ brawl than a modern submission match. It played to both of their strengths. You had both guys wanting to beat the shit out of each other, but Bret's submission skills eventually wore on Austin and made him pass out.

Damn fine five snowflake match if I ever saw one.

The rest of the show was kind of meh after that. Especially going in knowing Undertaker wins.

Speaking of the Austin/Booker segment in the store, when was the last time they did something outside of an arena like that? Talking about in the last 6 years or so.

Last one I remember was Punk and Chavo which was apparently 2008. I can't think of anything more recent.

I think Punk had some run in at a comicon(?) during his 'contract dispute' but I don't remember it being on Raw or Smackdown

BOSJ spoilers

Ospreay has to take this, fuck Taguchi.

So how do the blocks work? From the looks of it there's 4 people drawn on 8 in block B, How do they put people into the finals? Also didn't they do semis?

BOSJ spoilers

Ospreay has to take this, fuck Taguchi.

So how do the blocks work? From the looks of it there's 4 people drawn on 8 in block B, How do they put people into the finals? Also didn't they do semis?

In case of a draw, they go by who won the head-to-head matches, Ospreay beat Volador, Ricochet, and Fish, so he gets to move on.

Seriously though?!? Fucking TAGUCHI?!?!?

In case of a draw, they go by who won the head-to-head matches, Ospreay beat Volador, Ricochet, and Fish, so he gets to move on.

Seriously though?!? Fucking TAGUCHI?!?!?

Sydal vs Ospreay would have been an obvious one given Sydal was at the top of the group, they've had a series of great matches previously

Sydal vs Ospreay would have been an obvious one given Sydal was at the top of the group, they've had a series of great matches previously

I was holding out hope for Ospreay vs. O'Reilly, even though I knew it was doubtful they would do a gaijin vs. gaijin final. That said, I figured Ospreay vs. KUSHIDA was a shoe-in given the Day 13 schedule.

But FFS, Taguchi. I get that he's a draw and still very popular, but man is he terrible. Fortunately, this means no way in hell Ospreay loses, and we just got an awesome rematch vs. KUSHIDA for DOMINION.

El-Suave

First WWF live event:

WWF @ Dortmund, Germany - Westfallenhalle - April 16, 1992
Tito Santana pinned Dino Bravo
Sgt. Slaughter defeated Col. Mustafa
Owen Hart pinned Skinner
The Legion of Doom defeated the Nasty Boys
Papa Shango pinned Jim Duggan
WWF IC Champion Bret Hart defeated Shawn Michaels
WWF World Champion Randy Savage pinned the Mountie

This was the first tour the WWF ever did in Germany and the crowd was on fire, it was unbelievable.

No problem with
Taguchi winning it, he's had a good BoSJ and I'd expect him to drop most (if not all) of the comedy shenanigans for the final. Everyone forgets that Taguchi's a skilled technical wrestler well versed in a bunch of styles, he's going to have to provide the counterpoint to Will's athleticism and I'm sure he'll do just fine. Sydal would've been my pick simply based on the excellent matches he and Will have had previously, but they don't often do gaijin vs gaijin finals (only happened once and only then because Taguchi was injured)

Raw64life

I'm going to Dominion and wouldn't mind seeing Kushida vs. Taguchi with the title on the line. I'm big on wanting to see shit that's never happened before, and I don't think they've ever fought each other in a title match AFAIK. Kushida vs. Osperay for the title just happened.

also why I'm still salty that Tanahashi is out and the first NJPW ladder match in a million years is going to feature two Canadians, one of which is Michael Elgin

bjork

Been listening to some Best Coast all morning and guess which community pops up the most when you search for the dreamy Bethany Cosentino on GAF?

https://www.facebook.com/VideogameNationOfficial/posts/625878590896419:0

"- Why is VGN ending?
The simple answer is that Challenge TV decided not to renew the show in order to focus exclusively on gameshow content. Contrary to what some have speculated, it was nothing to do with ratings, which remained consistently high for the channel and timeslot."

Challenge shows TNA in the UK, which is the reason they do so well in the UK market.

TNA is not a gameshow.

???

Top Bottom