• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

I know nothing about this Mark Hunt dude but everyone says that he is a wicked striker who was a boxer or kickboxer or something. So one good shot to the head could equal a bad concussion.

I'd love to see WWE spin letting a concussed Brock work SummerSlam, even if it is a month afterwards.

When I and others was saying there was a great chance SS plans were fucked and Brock got hurt, Hunt was that great chance we were talking about

Buckle up

Brock set to fight "The Super Samoan"

x5dvpv1.png

I can already picture Vince writing the SummerSlam promos where Brock will fight The REAL Super Samoan...

Of course his name is Mark.

Were you watching back then and now rewatching, or first time seeing the old stuff?
I was watching back then. There's one point during this period where I missed maybe two months of raw due to some faulty electricity they fucked up our cable line and it caused more to fix the problem than move. So we moved lol. Luckily I could at least see sd.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If Brock wins then it adds even more to his legitimacy in WWE. If he loses then it makes it more believable if Brock ends up putting someone over in WWE. It's win win for WWE.

Just be transparent about it, NJPW

whoever wins BOSJ can be rewarded by going to the other division because apparently no one wants to rebuild the junior division.

Except that's not what's happening? O'Reilly didn't make the finals. KUSHIDA had talked about trading in a prospective BoSJ win for G1 entry, just like Milano did in 2007, specifically because he wanted to represent the Jr. division against the heavyweights - that won't happen now, but the only one talking about changing divisions is O'Reilly apparently, which may have more to do with ROH wanting him in their title picture than anything, as New Japan are supposedly being quite picky about which ROH talents they want to feature as heavyweights.

As for the BOSJ, in my estimation Taguchi will likely defeat Ospreay and challenge KUSHIDA at DOMINION. Taguchi ended KUSHIDA's last Jr. title reign in 2014 and KUSHIDA's win over Taguchi in this year's tournament was the first time he'd managed to defeat him, so it'd be quite a fitting match-up.

Striker

Rollins did hurt Stang in a weird spot, that's arguable.
He powerbombed a 50+ year old man with a lot of mileage and injury on his body into the turnbuckle. Things like that are never necessary, especially when you're a heel. Rollins is an absolute shit-ass heel, and he injured himself in a similar instance. Let's powerbomb a 300 lb. guy because hey, let me get my pop. *acl tear*

UberTag

If Brock wins then it adds even more to his legitimacy in WWE. If he loses then it makes it more believable if Brock ends up putting someone over in WWE. It's win win for WWE.
How cute... you used the word "someone" instead of "Roman". As if there could possibly be someone else Vince wanted to make look strong.
I just hope Triple H is willing to put over Rollins after Seth does the job these next two events.

How hilarious would it be if Vince went all out with this MMA carny angle and had Roman challenge Brock in a worked MMA match inside of an octagon at SummerSlam so he could "prove something to himself".

shanafan

I was watching back then. There's one point during this period where I missed maybe two months of raw due to some faulty electricity they fucked up our cable line and it caused more to fix the problem than move. So we moved lol. Luckily I could at least see sd.

It would be fun to watch all of the old stuff again, especially the Invasion stuff. I know the "What" chants are tiresome right now, but when it was new, it was pretty fun with Austin leading the Alliance.

It would be fun to watch all of the old stuff again, especially the Invasion stuff. I know the "What" chants are tiresome right now, but when it was new, it was pretty fun with Austin leading the Alliance.
"What" hasn't started yet and I'm so glad. I'm glad that Hunter and Steph are gone but I remembered that Steph comes back later so I'm soaking in the free time right now.

Mahonay

Banned
How cute... you used the word "someone" instead of "Roman". As if there could possibly be someone else Vince wanted to make look strong.
I just hope Triple H is willing to put over Rollins after Seth does the job these next two events.

How hilarious would it be if Vince went all out with this MMA carny work and had Roman challenge Brock in a worked MMA match inside of an octagon at Summerslam so he could "prove something to himself".
Vince is clearly building up Brock so that Tyler Breeze can slay him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Austin podcast with Vampiro where he talked about Vampiro telling Pentagon and the other guys who are heels, 'Stop looking at the crowd for approval on all your moves. You're supposed to be playing the bad guy,'

PozSgJS.gif

PozSgJS.gif

PozSgJS.gif

PozSgJS.gif

klonere

Banned
That Austin podcast with Vampiro where he talked about Vampiro telling Pentagon and the other guys who are heels, 'Stop looking at the crowd for approval on all your moves. You're supposed to be playing the bad guy,'

Agreed Pentagon is a pretty shitty heel

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rollins vs Flair, Rollins like 'I need to german suplex you into the turnbuckle through a sheet of glass Ric'
'Well, Seth. I don't think that's a good idea'
'It's fine. Listen! I can't get over on the mic at all so I need these spots! I need more gifs made of me! It's my only way of staying relevant'
'I-if you say so.'

imBask

Banned
Rollins vs Flair, Rollins like 'I need to german suplex you into the turnbuckle through a sheet of glass Ric'
'Well, Seth. I don't think that's a good idea'
'It's fine. Listen! I can't get over on the mic at all so I need these spots! I need more gifs made of me! It's my only way of staying relevant'
'I-if you say so.'

'Ok Seth you're going to throw me in a casket on fire from the top of the Hell in a Cell WOOOOOO'
'I- I don't think that's a good idea
'WOOOOOOOO
'you're drunk Ric...'
'WOOO JUST DO IT SETH'
'O-Okay I guess...'

Seth wasn't content with killing ratings and fan goodwill with nudes, bad matches, and Nazis, so he had to kill a legend too

Luckily Kane brought justice. Kane is a hero

I imagine it'll come eventually, but it's no priority compared to the Raws/SDs etc that still need to be uploaded
Don't make me a promise you can't keep. I'd love to see those early Benjamin and Brock matches. Then seeing a robot Cena and a monster superman villain Batista. Then most importantly..... NICK DINSMORE!

That would be awesome. I'd like to see the best Cena character, young Batista
I wasistening to Cornette and he was just appalled at how they ruined a lot of his Ovw students. Such as Basham, they cut his hair snd made him into something he wasn't. He was one of the top guys in the school sbd they just grabbed him, put him on the main roster, and the rest is history.

Enjoy Bagwell while you can!
I hope his mom joins him!

OK this DDP shit is already horrible. Keep your spouses out of your business please, they've made him look so weak and pathetic. Why does Taker meed Kane to watch his back against one person? And Sara trying to fight DDP is horrible

Zach

I really, really hope Brock loses his UFC fight.

Even better would be Brock losing and CM Punk actually fighting this year... and winning!

: )

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol @ people blaming Rollins, still

What a great heel

Sting didn't do anything he wasn't comfortable with

The fans should be glad that Taz and Heyman are on commentary because I'd hate to think how horrible Jr, Cole, and King would've done calling or putting over the dominance of Rhyno and Taijiri.

RBH

Even Sting himself absolved Rollins of any kind of blame and went on to praise Rollins as one of the best he's ever worked with in the ring.

imBask

Banned
Even Sting himself absolved Rollins of any kind of blame and went on to praise Rollins as one of the best he's ever worked with in the ring.

he worked you into a shoot, Rollins was holding a german gun to his head behind the scene of that interview

Top Bottom