• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

If I wanted to get caught up on Tommy End, what matches should I hunt down?

Avengers' Steph GIFs up above are incredible.

Without paying?
The Euros can speak to the quality of End vs. Eddie Dennis from PROGRESS last year, but it's only 10 minutes: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v84glJh5UkM

RevPro's YouTube show has End vs. Josh Bodom: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ETTuRgy_j3w

End vs. Jonathan Gresham from wXw's 16 Carat Gold issues probably going to be the best free math available, but it's from 2014: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GA7039eoIyg

And there's a Mark Andrews vs. End match from Southside Wrestling: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BpDRvfV6LBQ

And there's the match against Bryan Danielson from very early in his career that I wrote about.

For the stuff he's done in Evolve, PWG, PROGRESS, and RevPro, you're going to have to pay. But one of those free matches should be a sampler of what he can do.

Raw64life

Sahsa is overrated, but she's still way better than AJ Lee ever was. I'll take people putting Sasha on a pedestal over AJ any day of the week.

CkY_l3NUkAAxcFQ.jpg

yeah Yeah YEAH

The Wrap reports that Luke Harper has been cast in new horror-action movie titled Mohawk.

The movie will also star "Hemlock Grove" actress Kaniehtiio Horn in the starring role as Mohawk. Harper, Justin Rain, Noah Segan, Ian Colletti, Robert Longstreet, Sheri Foster, Ezra Buzzington and Andrew Sensenig will costar.

Dark Sky Films and Snowfort Pictures are partnering for the movie and Ted Geoghegan will direct.

The movie follows Mohawk, a young female who finds herself in a cat-and-mouse chase after one of her tribes set an American soldiers' camp on fire. She flees into the woods but is confronted by Colonel Holt and his soldiers. As soldiers close in on her and other youths from the tribe, they must use real and supernatural forces to fight back.

No word yet on when the movie will be released but principal photography began today in upstate New York. Harper is currently out of WWE action with an injury.

They all have aspects about them that I like. The New Day team is tired and old though and they're even at the point where they rely heavily on catch phrases and chants to keep the crowd into it. I roll my eyes every time they roll their hips saying they're the tag team champs.

It's the WWE giving them too much freedom and leeway. I wish they would realize when someone/thing is over they don't need to be marched out every week and be given 5-10 minutes of promo time. It starts to run the well dry. I can't stand Enzo & Cass already because of this. New Day is back and forth because the repeated stuff (like the hip + tag champs) is tired, but they do manage to keep things quick witted a bit.

It's the WWE giving them too much freedom and leeway. I wish they would realize when someone/thing is over they don't need to be marched out every week and be given 5-10 minutes of promo time. It starts to run the well dry. I can't stand Enzo & Cass already because of this. New Day is back and forth because the repeated stuff (like the hip + tag champs) is tired, but they do manage to keep things quick witted a bit.

They have like one good joke and then the usual overplayed new day shtick. They need to throw more funny lines in. Drop the wack hip tag team champion thing too.

AJ practically shooting on cena was so good though. As was Jericho and Kevin Owens on the mics on the ladders.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First Raw after KOTR 1998 is really crazy.

Kane is the good hand shaking corporate champion!
But he's defending on RAW tonight against Austin!
Steven "William" Regal is in the house.
Brawl for All starts outta nowhere! People not seen since 1997/1996 are in it! Dr. Death is in the company too?

Zach

Eric Bischoff commentating in 1999 is basically JBL today. What an insufferable, obnoxious, know-it-all cunt. Terrible.

– Luke Gallows is becoming one of the most popular people backstage in WWE. PWInsider reports that Gallows has become a very well-liked person in the locker room because he is able to lighten the mood and brings levity to an environment where there tends to be a feeling of tension and concern about people losing their jobs.

The site notes that Gallows isn’t goofing off ot taking his job lightly; it is simply that his demeanor and the way that he talks tends to lighten the mood and keeps things backstage enjoyable for everyone.

CkYzk0WXEAQtfTs.jpg

UberTag

Worst Case Scenario of the future:

Sunday - PPV
Monday - Raw
Tuesday - Smackdown
Wednesday - NXT Takeover
That's far too much wrestling for any sane person to absorb.
9+ hours over a 4-day stretch. Who do they think we are? They must think we're all like Bluekaveli!

Better to skip most of it and just catch the highlights.

That's far too much wrestling for any sane person to absorb.
9+ hours over a 4-day stretch. Who do they think we are? They must think we're all like Bluekaveli!

Better to skip most of it and just catch the highlights.
I would only watch Sunday - Tuesday lol.

Fox318

Just finished the Seth doc.

The idea that they produced this and didn't give Seth a face run.

I don't care if Seth even wanted to be a heel its burning money.

Multichannel
News had an
article last week detailing the WWF’s plans to
experiment with an Internet-based video-on-demand subscription service by the
end of 2001. The article didn’t specify what videos or footage
would be available, but suggested they’d start with the highlight clips
currently offered for free on WWF.com. Fans will love that.
According to the article, the WWF distributed 8.4 million video streams in
April 2001, up from 7.1 million a year earlier. The idea is that
they’d set-up non-exclusive deals with broadband suppliers, so that
people who purchased modems would get more than just faster loading time for class=SpellE>webpages. My feeling is that someday, video-on-demand
is going to be huge, particularly with the hardcore fans who
are always looking to get their hands on different tapes. Eventually, the
company could make the entire WWF, WCW and (if they end up buying it) ECW tape
libraries available for a small subscription fee. They could charge
perhaps $5 per tape, or $2 per hour of footage downloaded. There are a
million different ideas. Unfortunately, the lesson I learned from class=SpellE>Eyada is that technology really isn’t growing as
quickly as a lot of people predicted it would. Perhaps I’m wrong
and this will be a huge hit immediately, but I think it’s going to be a
few years before enough homes are hooked up to broadband Internet to make an
idea like this really fly.

Hmmm, I doubt that will be hit.

It literally doesn't make sense to all that work and still keep him a heel.

Because you think the WWE 24 thing is for the causal audience.

It's not.

The WWE realized a long time ago they have to appeal to multiple audiences. So, you have the kayfabe stuff on RAW, Smackdown, and the like for the average fan to watch and then you have stuff like the WWE 24 stuff to keep the hardcore fans happy.

Put it this way - if there was a nice video on HBO about how great a guy the actor who plays Ramsey Bolton is (or how in actuality the kid who played Joffrey seemed to be literally the world's nicest teenager), that doesn't mean he should be a good guy on the show.

Kaiterra

Banned
Because you think the WWE 24 thing is for the causal audience.

It's not.

The WWE realized a long time ago they have to appeal to multiple audiences. So, you have the kayfabe stuff on RAW, Smackdown, and the like for the average fan to watch and then you have stuff like the WWE 24 stuff to keep the hardcore fans happy.

Put it this way - if there was a nice video on HBO about how great a guy the actor who plays Ramsey Bolton is (or how in actuality the kid who played Joffrey seemed to be literally the world's nicest teenager), that doesn't mean he should be a good guy on the show.

The thing is that they actually put the shit from the stuff that is for "not the Raw audience" on Raw.

dream

I've been working on an academic analysis of contemporary pro wrestling, Jesse, and I've come up with a theory that I call "The New Kayfabe." In it, I argue that now that everyone is a smark, and everyone knows wrestling is fake, WWE uses sincerity to work the smarks into believe that while X is clearly a work, Y is a shoot and thus they must believe it. I think the Seth Rollins documentary is a perfect example of The New Kayfabe. They're showing the audience what they want them to see, yet the smarks believe that Seth Rollins on "WWE 24/7" is the real thing, as opposed to Seth Rollins on "Monday Night Raw."

Fox318

It literally doesn't make sense to all that work and still keep him a heel.

The end the show with clips of Seth as kid wrestling and children wearing Roman Reigns shirts cheering his return and attacking Roman.

Its either 100% Vince or some suit has them convinced that NBC will only accept somebody l like Roman or Dana Brook to come on the Today show.

Fox318

I've been working on an academic analysis of contemporary pro wrestling, Jesse, and I've come up with a theory that I call "The New Kayfabe." In it, I argue that now that everyone is a smark, and everyone knows wrestling is fake, WWE uses sincerity to work the smarks into believe that while X is clearly a work, Y is a shoot and thus they must believe it. I think the Seth Rollins documentary is a perfect example of The New Kayfabe. They're showing the audience what they want them to see, yet the smarks believe that Seth Rollins on "WWE 24/7" is the real thing, as opposed to Seth Rollins on "Monday Night Raw."

people want real or at least a sense of realness with TV.

Most reality shows are lies but the best ones make the people come across as real humans.

WWE "Sports Entertainment" mostly features robotic d league improve actors trying to read scripts written 10 minutes before curtain.

dream

people want real or at least a sense of realness with TV.

Most reality shows are lies but the best ones make the people come across as real humans.

WWE "Sports Entertainment" mostly features robotic d league improve actors trying to read scripts written 10 minutes before curtain.

Totally agree. This is a very effective way of getting "smarks" to believe again. Shit, look at how many of them believe that NXT is something that emerged organically, that they have some sort of claim to.

Fox318

Totally agree. This is a very effective way of getting "smarks" to believe again. Shit, look at how many of them believe that NXT is something that emerged organically, that they have some sort of claim to.

3 reasons NXT works so well.

• Different presentation Style including a better commentary team and no heel Authority figure
  • Tapings force them to commit to a storyline even if it sucks. They can't insert a topical joke because Vince wants to make fun of somebody's wife or something
  • The programs are designed to flow together and for the most part are designed to be more boring. This way Takeover shines like the best shit the company has done since 2002-4 Smackdown

Plus add that guys don't work every show and its only an hour and you have a great and easy to digest product.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The Swerved where they mess with Brock Lesnar Guy sucked because they should have permanently thrown him out of all WWE events part of the joke.

SD

* AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson open SmackDown with a promo on how they will all win at Money In the Bank. Enzo Amore and Big Cass interrupt. Gallows made fun of Enzo for being a former manager at Hooters. Enzo said The Club has been champions on every continent but Antarctica. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day made their way to ringside for commentary
* Enzo and Cass vs. Gallows and Anderson ended after interference from both The Vaudevillains and The New Day. All four teams brawled
* Renee Young interviewed Rusev backstage. He said he was greater than Muhammad Ali. Titus O'Neil interrupted and said he would beat Rusev at Money In the Bank
* Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio defeated Cesaro and Sami Zayn. Zayn and Owens disappeared for part of the match and fought to the backstage area before returning. When Owens came back, he attacked his partner and then pinned Cesaro
* Becky Lynch defeated Dana Brooke by submission
* A promo airs with Bob Backlund and Darren Young. Bob tells Darren he saves money by only wearing one pair of clothes, down to his tighty-whities
* Baron Corbin defeated Kalisto with End of Days. Dolph Ziggler was on commentary
* Backstage segment with Sheamus and Apollo Crews. Sheamus makes fun of Crews but Crews punches Sheamus, sending him into a bunch of objects
* Chris Jericho defeated Dean Ambrose with a Codebreaker. After the match, Ambrose attacked Jericho with a ladder to end SmackDown

4 or 5 more weeks of SD being completely skippable in advance

(I'll still completely skip it)

The Vince Swerved segment was kind of eh. Didn't help the make-up was non-existent with him wearing just a wig and glasses along with something stuffed up his shirt so you could clearly tell it was Vince.

The best ones of season 2 were Becky Lynch, R-Truth and Mark Henry working security, Willy "The Sportscar" Roberts, the Hot Topic piercing gone wrong with Paige, Sasha and Charlotte, Charlotte and Sasha as the worst Hot Topic workers, and the security guard pretending to not know Ric Flair but knowing Charlotte.

Regarding SD spoilers
holy shit did Becky actually pick up a clean win?

Top Bottom