• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh was a WWE PPV terrible? How shocking.
a7TYi1o.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I hope people are not surprised by this because everyone has been hinting for a Cena vs Bryan match up soon. Cena is holding onto that title until Summerslam where is his best chance to lose the title.

And that's where the Bryan burial attempt begins! You can hear Cena talking to Bryan and creative.

"Daniel, the only way to TRULY test whether or not you're over with these people is to see how they respond after you eat an AA and lose to me. If they still chant for you after THAT then...and ONLY then...can you have another shot at the belt 8 months later. But in those 8 months, you have to lose constantly and STILL be over. Once you have truly proven that you are over...then...AND ONLY THEN...will I CONSIDER possibly maybe passing the ball to you."

Kaladin

You know, that main event wasn't good, but it wasn't Cena vs Laurinaitis terribad. That is the low mark all Cena matches are graded against.

Razorskin

----- ------
My predictions.

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Ryback (Three Stages of Hell Match)

World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio

Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk

WWE Tag Team Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan

Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett vs. The Miz vs. Curtis Axel

United States Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Kane

Divas Champion Kaitlyn vs. AJ Lee

Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow

I haven't watched in months.

Guys, I'm pretty sure I got the winner for each match correct tonight, go me!

Mr. Sam

I loved the main event, it was beyond hilarious - I was holding my sides by the end.

Hell of a pay-per-view; not a single match was less than entertaining.

Alucard

Banned
Can we all agree that Wade Barrett is actually kind of boring and did virtually NOTHING to elevate the IC title? He barely talked about it in any of his promos.

Sounds like it was a good PPV overall tonight. Lots of interesting storyline developments. Just have to accept that LOL Cena Wins will happen for a while.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Can we all agree that Wade Barrett is actually kind of boring and did virtually NOTHING to elevate the IC title? He barely talked about it in any of his promos.

Finally, you people have come around. He sucks. Always sucked. Never got better. He looks like he's got Orton's body with no muscle mass too, not to mention the dumbo years. Doesn't have the skill or 'the look.'

Mr. Sam

That would be implying that most intercontinental champions do anything to elevate the title, which I don't think is true.

Ithil

Sounds like it was a good PPV overall tonight. Lots of interesting storyline developments. Just have to accept that LOL Cena Wins will happen for a while.

What promos?

Alucard

Banned
That would be implying that most intercontinental champions do anything to elevate the title, which I don't think is true.

Cody Rhodes says "hi!" :)

I don't care which belt you're carrying...you should be telling people about its importance, lineage, etc. while holding it, and how proud you are to hold it and defend it.

Was he even ever on tv or given promo time through this Ic title run

Alucard

Banned
Was that really his fault though?

I'm sure he could have pushed creative a bit to get what he deserves, if he felt he deserved it. If you don't like how they're using you, let them know. He's been around long enough now to have some say in his character's direction.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, this feels like the beginning of the end for Ryback. I just don't care about him at all. There was that short week where I cared about him, like, after that Shield match because he was like Cena if Cena could sell. Now it's just like 'who cares'

Ithil

I'm sure he could have pushed creative a bit to get what he deserves, if he felt he deserved it. If you don't like how they're using you, let them know. He's been around long enough now to have some say in his character's direction.

Plenty of them do. This isn't the Vince of old, he's not open to people anymore.

KissVibes

Banned
Anyone legitimately excited to have RVD back is stupid. That's right, STUPID.

His work in TNA has been abysmal and it'll be just as bad now that he's back for some dumb fucking "Veterans" MITB for the WWE Championship match. I expect Goldust to make his return too.

Implying the let him do ANYTHING with the title. He lost nearly every fucking match that wasn't non-title. THEN LOST A TITLE MATCH AT WRESTLEMANIA only to win it back on Raw the next night.

They booked him in a really fucked up way. Not his fault.

Why doesn't every star that's not really being used anymore demand more from their push? Drew? Ryder? Miz? Orton? Sheamus?

They had nothing for him but want to keep him in the public's eye for whatever reason.

Striker

If he were to ever do so, it probably made sense as to why he was jobbing with the thing weekly. You do as you're told, unless you're Cena of course.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, not sure how they can justify Ryback losing like this. He's actually played the role of heel really well, and he carried that one-on-one confrontation on Raw last week. Hope they have plans for him that don't involve jobbing. He's hit the Cena glass ceiling. Where does he go from here?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If he were to ever do so, it probably made sense as to why he was jobbing with the thing weekly. You do as you're told, unless you're Cena of course.

I don't know, I could see if you were talented enough like a Dean Ambrose or Daniel Bryan, someone would step up and say 'No, they should do this.'

That's the thing. Wade isn't. Winning or not, he's mediocre in the ring.

Alucard

Banned
Anyone legitimately excited to have RVD back is stupid. That's right, STUPID.

His work in TNA has been abysmal and it'll be just as bad now that he's back for some dumb fucking "Veterans" MITB for the WWE Championship match. I expect Goldust to make his return too.

Implying the let him do ANYTHING with the title. He lost nearly every fucking match that wasn't non-title. THEN LOST A TITLE MATCH AT WRESTLEMANIA only to win it back on Raw the next night.

They booked him in a really fucked up way. Not his fault.

Unless RVD has suddenly increased his speed and agility overnight, I agree 100%. The guy has been nothing short of vanilla for a few years now. He can still pose and talk a decent game, but his in-ring work just feels slow and stale.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So watching the Nakamura vs Benjamin match, they reference Benjamin being Angle's student and Shinsuke wrestling Angle WAY back when.

NJPW is better at WWE continuity than WWE is. And watching Nakamura open trading cards is more entertaining than watching a Wade Barrett match.

Alucard

Banned
Wade Barrett is great, he's not being used correctly.

Let's face it, he's pretty average on the mic, and his in-ring style isn't all that memorable. Does he have "the look"? You can definitely argue that, but I don't think he has it where in counts: on the mic and in the ring. He hasn't told any interesting stories. If he was as talented as everyone claims, he would surely be able to get the crowd behind him ala Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler.

Raw64life

I'd like to think that RVD was on auto-pilot while in TNA because they never did anything of substance with him and the booking was almost always atrocious in anything he was involved with the entire time he was there. I'm hoping he's planning on making this WWE run his retirement tour and turns it up accordingly.

Let's face it, he's pretty average on the mic, and his in-ring style isn't all that memorable. Does he have "the look"? You can definitely argue that, but I don't think he has it where in counts: on the mic and in the ring. He hasn't told any interesting stories. If he was as talented as everyone claims, he would surely be able to get the crowd behind him ala Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler.

I'd have to disagree about him on the mic but I do agree about him in the ring. He's not bad but he's kind of just there. And it's getting old hearing about how every time the IC title changes hands the guy is gonna "bring back prestige to the title". It never happens.

Jitters

Oh, I forgot. I loved the way they did Del Rio/Dolph with the heel/face turn during the match. So well done.

RVD had really picked it up towards the end of his TNA run.

Ithil

Barrett is a LOT better than average on the mic, he's a hell of a speaker.

Alucard

Banned
I'd like to think that RVD was on auto-pilot while in TNA because they never did anything of substance with him and the booking was almost always atrocious in anything he was involved with the entire time he was there. I'm hoping he's planning on making this WWE run his last and turns it up accordingly.

There are far too many guys on the roster right now for RVD to get any substantial time to actually do anything. WWE is loaded up with talent, so many guys have to suffer and only get 2-3 minutes a week.

20111003_raw_hhh_ryder_c.jpg

Pretty sure Ryder mentioned they give em this email to write to. Creative never reads what they send them. Then Ryder started complaining recently on twitter and got back on RAW, to job but he got back on RAW. I doubt creative even knew who half of the lumberjacks in the main event were

Alucard

Banned
Pretty sure Ryder mentioned they give em this email to write to. Creative never reads what they send them. Then Ryder started complaining recently on twitter and got back on RAW, to job but he got back on RAW. I doubt creative even knew who half of the lumberjacks in the main event were

Fair point. I wonder if it's more the fault of creative or Vince that so much talent is misused or underused.

20111003_raw_hhh_ryder_c.jpg

Look at HHH's weird hand on Zack's back.

Top Bottom