• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

It has felt like ever since Mark came back after taking time off to do the strong man stuff around 2000-01 that he has spend half his time injured. I can see that finally catching up with him.

Its a shame if this is true because he has only really hit his stride in recent years.

Is it just me, or is Vince starting look like, well.. Vince again!

He looked liked a fragile old coot the last couple of years. He looked pretty normal tonight.

Its his hair. After he got it shaved off in that hair match he didnt look the same. Recently his hair has got some of that old 90's Vinny Mac body to it or something.

charsace

I can't believe RVD is coming back. The WWE really screwed up in how they handled him when they got him after he left ECW. RVD was crazy over at one point in the WWE and jobbed him out and kept him away from the title. Then they gave him the title after they killed his popularity.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't believe RVD is coming back. The WWE really screwed up in how they handled him when they got him after he left ECW. RVD was crazy over at one point in the WWE and jobbed him out and kept him away from the title. Then they gave him the title after they killed his popularity.

RVD screwed RVD.

Mark Henry no :(

PTTFvXm.jpg

He really should have won the title at No Mercy 2001 when he was facing Stone Cold and Angle. He was more over than Austin at that point.

charsace

RVD screwed RVD.

The WWE screwed him just like they have screwed a whole bunch of talented wrestlers since the death of WCW. They are looking to push a young guy and have a few talented ones in the shield group, Rhodes and Sandow, and a few others. Instead they are hot to push Bo fucking Dallas. Rhodes was having some success and so the WWE took everything away from him that was going good and put him with Sandow so that they could job them both out and kill two birds with one stone. Can't wait for WWE to break up a potentially great stable in the shield and then job them out until all the shine they have is gone.

Aiii

So not worth it
RVD was intoxicated alot of the time in those years. Pretty sure that kind of behaviour makes it hard for WWE to get behind you and give you a push as their top guy.

Also, they're not pushing Bo. Their developmental territory is, because they have to train these guys for when they get called up. WWE did in fact have Bo on TV and quickly removed him when they found out he's shit.

charsace

RVD was intoxicated alot of the time in those years. Pretty sure that kind of behaviour makes it hard for WWE to get behind you and give you a push as their top guy.

Also, they're not pushing Bo. Their developmental territory is, because they have to train these guys for when they get called up. WWE did in fact have Bo on TV and quickly removed him when they found out he's shit.

The fact that they even went as far as putting him on the main show was insulting to fans. Especially when there are young guys with talent that they job out and do nothing else with them.

Brera

Banned
Guys,

Not watched WWE for a month and in order to catch up, I skipped 2 weeks of May...WTF so much had changed! RAW appears to be now heaving with storylines compared to April. It feels a bit more dynamic...am I just imagining things?

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys,

Not watched WWE for a month and in order to catch up, I skipped 2 weeks of May...WTF so much had changed! RAW appears to be now heaving with storylines compared to April. It feels a bit more dynamic...am I just imagining things?

You are not, WWE has put up 3 consecutive weeks of good to great Raw's and Smackdown's and a good PPV yesterday. So yeah, catch up.

tm24

Nice av aiii. Time to spread some love. Stll had a key for hotline miami, capsized and little inferno. Up to you to find them

tm24

i really considered putting #teammask at the end of all my posts pimpwerx style but figured that would get annoying,

tm24

I assumed the quote meant that youre extra careful around broken glass but one wrong move does a lot of damage. In this case, the wrong move was kaitlyn ignoring AJ

It's not even that. WWE may be a modern company, but in many ways the thought process behind the product, and the way they operate in general is archaic. For the most part, new guys have to "pay their dues" before they can really be attributed sustained success.

RVD had the misfortune of not only being new to the company (although he had wrestled in WWE intermittently), he was also from another company. One that Vince had a special kind of disdain for. Even most casual fans notice that guys from outside companies have to pay their own set of "dues" before the WWE fully backs them. We have to be assured that those guys are inferior to the Vince's guys. Remember The Radicalz?

I still remember an episode of Raw when all the Invasion stars (not superstars) were in the ring and the crowd was asked who they wanted to see challenge Stone Cold for the title and everyone was thunderously chanting "R-V-D" and doing the thumb gesture. He was insanely over. THAT was the time to put the title on him--when he was hot and fresh. Not years later after a crap PPV finish and when the audience had cooled to him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sin Cara really needs a mask he can see out of.

You can see he missed the spot and I'm guessing it's because his head was turned and he was looking down, so he simply didn't see the jump.

Top Bottom