• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

tm24

As I mentioned upthread, creating intricate storylines is great and all, but there's a point where it becomes too confusing and relies on drawing in too many things outside of the shows to enjoy it. Chikara might have actually passed that point with this season's story.
Yeah, i felt that its gotten to that point. If i want convoluted storylines, I'll go read a Jonathan Hickman comic. Those at least have payoffs.

Enjoy the ppv guys. I hope the hype pays off

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit! Am I too late for Aniversario? Fuck it. Buying!

Kaladin

This lighting outside the ring is ridiculous. When the spectral envoy did a suicide dive outside the ring, I couldn't see them anymore when they left the ropes....and it's kind of dark at the turnbuckles so you can barely see corner high flying moves. Ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
not digging the production values but what can you do? Enjoying what I can see :p

Kaladin

SMV just responded to my e-mail about the lighting saying they will work on improving it during intermission and that the venue isn't "wrestling friendly". I don't know why they're saying that, the lighting was great the last time they ran a PPV.

4bmS4.gif

strobogo

Banned
I was trying to make gifs from the In Your House set, but all the video files come out with tons of compression and other bad shit.

Y'all should watch HBK vs Jeff Jarrett. It's super fun.

strobogo

Banned
Fuck y'all CHIKARA comic NEEEEEEEEERRRRRDDDS. I'm watching 90s WWF. HBK vs Jeff Jarrett and Bret vs Bulldog > Wrasslin Ants.

*I enjoy comics*

somedevil

All this great Chikara action is going to make the impact pay per view tonight horrible in comparison.

Also:

With TNA's Impact Wrestling going back to the 9pm - 11pm EST timeslot, all future Impact broadcasts won't be airing live as it happens. From now on, when taped on the East coast, Impact will air on a two hour tape delay and when taped in the Central time zone, will air on a one-hour delay.

Live impact is dead with tapings basically starting at 7pm. Also, I wonder if there "big signing" is going to debut tonight.

strobogo

Banned
CHIKARA lost me at the BDK stuff and before that, I felt like a lot of the shows were basically training shows and people cut CHIKARA a lot more slack and they would any other indie promotion. Like, if PWG had half a card that was the same as the random CHIKARA show, people would be shitting all over it.

Granted, I haven't watched one of their shows in probably 2 years at least now, so I might be far off on my assessment of their shows of today. However, Bret vs Bulldog in 1995 among the best matches of the 90s. So much more brutal, stiff, and bloody than what the WWF had been doing since the height of Hulkamania. Even the shithead ECW fans couldn't hate on it at all. And this was on the same show as the Hog Pen Match. The only thing I'd change about it is have less dual screens with Diana's reactions.

Top Bottom