• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

This was Hogan joining the NWO good in terms of cliffhangers for a show. There was also quite a good wrestling matches on the card too. I can't wait to watch this show again.

Kaladin

Maybe Wink has been trying to systematically destroy Chikara from the inside with all that he has been doing. He split up all the popular trios, he tried to end Gavin Loudspeaker tonight. Tonight he just saw that his plans were failing.

So, what has Wink done essentially? What does this mean for Chikara?

I think it means that Wink knew that Sabato was getting to close to the truth and CHIKARA had to be stopped to cover the truth. What the truth is I have no idea, but it could involve something with Condor Security. The no private army blog has stories about them doing some illegal stuff. We do know it involves the Titor Conglomerate were Winks father is a higher up. It probably also involves time travel because Archiblad Peck was said to be in attendence as mentioned by Dasher as the show went off the air. I had a feeling Archie was behind everything he had the sports almanac from the first time he was back fisted.

I think things will carry on in the Wrestling is promotions. That's really just my best guess though. I've followed everything and I have no idea what's coming next.

Lol, the crowd are being forced out of the building, some nearly getting into fights with security, while someone apparently broke the glass door of the Trocadero. Bryce was seen leaving the building in tears.

I had a feeling Archie was behind everything he had the sports almanac from the first time he was back fisted.

Ah, but the almanac is only relevant to one time-line - it predicted that Archie would win the YLC, but when he returned to the present he ended up losing the YLC.

strobogo

Banned
!!!!!!!!!

I never would have guessed, but these matches and the style are really fucking good. WWE doesn't lay out matches that way anymore. Even something like Douglas vs Razor which is a pretty basic match, but that lay out to a basic match feels really novel today. HBK/Bret at their peak, Foley at his Mankind peak, Austin in the full swing of Stone Cold. It's some good shit.

The Buried Alive match is way better than I ever remembered. It's about to make the leap to official Attitude Era stuff, which didn't really live up as much match wise after mid 98. But who would have guessed that 1995-1997 would restore the wrestling spirit? Up next is Vader vs Austin vs Taker vs Bret. This set is awesome. For reals.

I never would have guessed, but these matches and the style are really fucking good. WWE doesn't lay out matches that way anymore. Even something like Douglas vs Razor which is a pretty basic match, but that lay out to a basic match feels really novel today. HBK/Bret at their peak, Foley at his Mankind peak, Austin in the full swing of Stone Cold. It's some good shit.

The Buried Alive match is way better than I ever remembered. It's about to make the leap to official Attitude Era stuff, which didn't really live up as much match wise after mid 98. But who would have guessed that 1995-1997 would restore the wrestling spirit? Up next is Vader vs Austin vs Taker vs Bret. This set is awesome. For reals.

Basically you're saying that current WWE matches lack any real in-ring storytelling/psychology?

Lol, the crowd are being forced out of the building, some nearly getting into fights with security, while someone apparently broke the glass door of the Trocadero. Bryce was seen leaving the building in tears.

Ah, but the almanac is only relevant to one time-line - it predicted that Archie would win the YLC, but when he returned to the present he ended up losing the YLC.

That all sounds so awesome. I really hope someone was filming all this and it ends up on youtube.

you are correct sir, I had confused a theory I had heard with the truth.

Vyse24

A lot of people are treating this like it was the last Chikara show ever. I think Chikara has finally cracked them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
so I don't watch a LOT of Chikara, but I'm not the only one baffled, right

EVOLVE 22 steam is live - the picture looks good, but we've got no audio, lol.

so I don't watch a LOT of Chikara, but I'm not the only one baffled, right

Pretty much.

There's been nods to this mysterious Titor Conglomerate that supposedly own CHIKARA for a year or two now, while Wink has been causing chaos in CHIKARA this past year as the Director of Fun - ex-referee Derek Sabato revealed something to do with Titor & Wink's father, but we don't know what relevance that holds. Obviously it was enough to cause Wink to shut down the show when he saw Icarus was about to win - why? We don't know. There's a whole lot that we don't know in this storyline and it'll be interesting to see where they go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They'll need to be really careful because when things get too muddled, it turns off some people. :|

a.gif

Top Bottom