• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Ithil

A remainder that the crowd absolutely lost their minds with cheers when he did that to Cena, the "top face". They're booing him for attacking Punk.

Also, kind of a neat bookend. He suckered Cena into an F5 with a friendly handshake, and suckered Punk into one with a microphone. Probably not intentional but neat.

Alucard

Banned
That was a great Raw. I can't believe it. Well done, WWE. Storylines advanced, new feuds set up, and build towards the next PPV already underway.

i8acBQ3UnJCKO.gif

Ithil

I think that was the best RAW of 2013 so far. I know we have the Post-WM one, but that was mostly because of the crowd, though it had awesome moments like Ziggler cashing in and others. Overall that RAW was very good, and awesome with the crowd counted.

This one was real good, though. It's just nice to see a RAW where a shit load of stuff HAPPENS. There was almost no filler, tonight, everything was for a future match, PPV, face/heel turn, etc.

mooooose

I haven't watched anything WWE since attending Wrestlemania and saw this Raw was getting some hype, checked out all the clips... and I was damn impressed. Threw on the main event... and it becomes Punk vs Brock.

I've been "out of wrestling" so many times and I always, somehow, end up watching the nights Punk does has his career defining moments. I don't know how it happens but I am thankful I don't miss this amazing moments despite not watching wrestling for months. We have a connection.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Loved the mic swerve especially since apparently no one wants him on the mic.

So glad that I decided to stay up to watch this live, all because I really thought Mark was gonna retire. Even though it's gonna suck getting up early tomorrow for me, RAW was a hot one tonight, the hottest in ages.

Ithil

It's so weird to see a RAW that actually used its three hours to, like, put on a serialized show. Not "twenty minutes of important stuff, the rest is filler or just random stuff".

So whos gonna win this feud. Brock is just a giant jobber at this point he needs to win something. Punk is there all the time so you have to try and elevate him as much as you can. Somehow Cena will win this feud

Ithil

So whos gonna win this feud. Brock is just a giant jobber at this point he needs to win something. Punk is there all the time so you have to try and elevate him as much as you can. Somehow Cena will win this feud

Brock won his last match. He's 2-2 since returning.

strobogo

Banned
I thought I wanted Brock vs Punk until I realize how ridiculous it is going to look. I can't take Punk seriously as a guy that is a physical threat to Bork. D-Bryne at least has some pretty gnarly strikes and has proven himself as a dude who can kick the shit out of guys much bigger than him. Punk isn't that kind of guy, so that match needs to be Bork dominating and getting caught in a flash submission. Maybe Punk can bring in Frank Mir. Poetry.

somedevil

I believe the whole Bryan thing wasn't a work and he got a stinger and then they came up with storyline after to explain it. It did look like he got one because after that his kicks didn't look good and Orton didn't go anywhere near his head after that. They did it because he is important them right now.

So soon they will put up the video of Triple H to explain it.

dream

The great thing is that Punk is training not in BJJ, but GJJ, which is the trademarked brand of Rorion and Royce Gracie. Royce, in particular, made his name with a defensive style of jiu jitsu that was designed to protect him while he wore down his bigger opponent, much like a boa constrictor, before submitting him.

Punk is going to Gracie in Action Brock!

Bowser

Another subtle thing with Punk vs Cena - look how Punk struggled while in Bork's F5, rather than just sitting like a lamb on his shouldes a la Cena

Top Bottom