• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

I've been lurking these threads for a while and I am glad a lot of people are enjoying WWE right now!

Considering they wrote an article about it on WWE.com to begin an angle with Triple H, I think it's safe to say it was entirely a work. Thank God.

I was legit shook.

Watching it again, it was a really well executed work. I mean compare it to HHH vs Axel where they had a backstage segment stating HHH wasn't medically cleared to wrestle, so that concussion angle was pretty obvious.

Bryan vs Orton on the other hand was very subtle. Commentators kept talking about the missed suicide dive but DB wasn't showing any numbness until after the missile dropkick. He laid still on the mat and you could visibly see a lot of interaction between DB, Orton, and the ref. Then he rolled onto his feet and kicked Orton with his arms awkwardly at his sides. Finally, to top it off, we have Orton "breaking character" and showing concern for DB's health (as opposed to the Del Rio angle where he didn't give a crap about Ziggler).

It makes sense, story-wise for DB to want to continue the match because of his obsession to prove himself. It makes sense for HHH to stop the match because of his new attitude toward being COO and looking out for the welfare of the wrestlers. Not to mention how HHH has been butting heads with Vince about being allowed to fight Axel after the same doctor stopped their match. Wow, intersecting storylines?

I'm excited to see where this angle with Bryan and HHH is going. Mark Henry was awesome and I'm looking forward to that.

Payback was good, RAW was great, Christian is back, and we still have RVD to look forward to. Please don't mess this up, WWE!

P.S. I wonder if Kaitlyn's slip was a work too. Maybe she'll get a scolding from Stephanie next week about how women should dress lol

Kaladin

I wish they could have shown DB confronting Triple H backstage about the match. That would have added to it more than a story on the website. He has a history of working with injuries, and will put it all out there to give the best performance. Hell, he continued a match after he his eye got fucked up against Morishima and he ended up with a detached retina.

krae_man

So what does everyone think is going to happen with this Ziggler-Del Rio double turn?

They are probably telling Ziggler that everything will be worth it when the feud is paid off and he beats Del Rio clean for the title at Summerslam or whatever. But in reality, they will change their mind, job the fuck out of him and Del Rio is just a new heel for Sheamus to take out.

bangai-o

Banned
what happened with Del Rio last night? His matches usually go for a good 15 minutes vs Ziggler, vs Big E, vs any other heel he has been facing for the past five months, but suddenly when vs a face Punk he cant go for even a whole 7 minutes.

Aiii

So not worth it
nwo.jpg

jred2k

So what does everyone think is going to happen with this Ziggler-Del Rio double turn?

They are probably telling Ziggler that everything will be worth it when the feud is paid off and he beats Del Rio clean for the title at Summerslam or whatever. But in reality, they will change their mind, job the fuck out of him and Del Rio is just a new heel for Sheamus to take out.

Its all part of the plan to set up a massive heel turn for Kofi when he comes back.

BTW, Shaemus is even a dick to random people choking in restaurants.

what happened with Del Rio last night? His matches usually go for a good 15 minutes vs Ziggler, vs Big E, vs any other heel he has been facing for the past five months, but suddenly when vs a face Punk he cant go for even a whole 7 minutes.

Del Rio only just re-rolled his character class to Heel after his match on Sunday so he has to grind quite a bit before he gets his stats back up to normal. The World Heavyweight Championship bonuses to STA and DEF might have made up some of the difference, but they are only applied to your character during Title Defense battles.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I heard Steph came and shit on all the divas yesterday?

Some people are overreacting to Steph turning heel and putting over AJ, while telling her off because of the McMahon power struggle storyline.

AJ called her Boss Lady and stuff, it was rather fun until they gave Kaitlyn the mic and it wasn't so good anymore. But then Kaitlyn's nipple peeked out and AJ did a great job of being angry while being carried to safety by Big E.

Making sure we get another AJ vs Kaitlyn PPV match, also the divas are actually getting promo time and storylines so it's all good.

Kaladin

Some people are overreacting to Steph turning heel and putting over AJ, while telling her off because of the McMahon power struggle storyline.

AJ called her Boss Lady and stuff, it was rather fun until they gave Kaitlyn the mic and it wasn't so good anymore. But then Kaitlyn's nipple peeked out and AJ did a great job of being angry while being carried to safety by Big E.

Making sure we get another AJ vs Kaitlyn PPV match, also the divas are actually getting promo time and storylines so it's all good.

Now they just need to get rid of the dynamic where the jobber divas go face or heel depending on the champ and we might actually have a division that isn't laughed at 90% of the time.

bangai-o

Banned
Kaitlin sucks. all she ever does is the double leg takedown and the running hug. isnt she supposed to be wearing pasties anyway to prevent the slip?

Kaladin

Sunflower's weird. Nothing wrong with the combat in Last of Us. Particularly melee and burning baddies is the best.

It gets repetitive. I'm glad the stealth is there as an option. I'm playing the game as stealthy but falling back on combat when I fuck up or absolutely need it.

jmdajr

It gets repetitive. I'm glad the stealth is there as an option. I'm playing the game as stealthy but falling back on combat when I fuck up or absolutely need it.

Sounds like Metal Gear. I want to be all peace and love and next thing you know it's RPG time.

Oh..please keep spoilers to a minimum. I plan to play Last of Us finally this weekend!

Ithil

Kaitlin sucks. all she ever does is the double leg takedown and the running hug. isnt she supposed to be wearing pasties anyway to prevent the slip?

The running hug is what Bo Dallas and Edge do. Kaitlyn does the Roman Reigns/Goldberg spear.

Kaladin

Sounds like Metal Gear. I want to be all peace and love and next thing you know it's RPG time.

Oh..please keep spoilers to a minimum. I plan to play Last of Us finally this weekend!

It's a beautiful, beautiful game. Naughty Dog outdid themselves in that department.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The hyperbole is out of control and half the time the game looks like dogshit. There's serious issues with the game but people think story trumps gameplay, which is crazy.

It's hard for me to stay mad with Kaitlyn delivering. (I'm not actually mad, it's merely ok not spectacular.)

strobogo

Banned
Story can trump gameplay, but only if the story is really good and the gameplay isn't awful. They have to be pretty close to begin with. I don't think any story can make a shitty game tolerable, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Story can trump gameplay, but only if the story is really good and the gameplay isn't awful. They have to be pretty close to begin with. I don't think any story can make a shitty game tolerable, though.

I'm sure there's an exception to that, but I'm still trying to remember what game was forgiven due to its story. Maaaaybe Silent Hill: Shattered Memories but not...exactly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I played Enter The Matrix, Path of Neo and that Lost video game. So yes, story > gameplay.

It sounds like books would be a better fit for your hobby (I know you're an avid reader)

Especially those Foldy or whatever he's called books you were talking about a month ago. Wrinkly? Something like that.

Enslaved and the first Uncharted.

The story and characters are the ONLY thing that kept me playing either of those games.

krae_man

Wait people are saying The Last of Us looks bad? Game looks fine. I'm only 5 hours in and I haven't burned anyone yet. I have however shived some fools. If you haven't already, invest in a Pulse Elite Headset. Oh man this thing is amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AssCreedBro and beyond, at least in my case.

Hmm. Brotherhood's story didn't strike me as hard as II and Revelations did, but Assbro had a really good set of mechanics. Of course to me AC1 was the best of all of them from a gameplay perspective (yes, I'm serious) because it tried harder at letting you immerse yourself in the world. While II and on had the type of 'minigames' in buying things, collecting weapons, making income - 1 did not and I think its vision had a better time coming across in AC1 and I love it most.

AC3 had those ship missions. Soooooo good.

Wait people are saying The Last of Us looks bad? Game looks fine. I'm only 5 hours in and I haven't burned anyone yet. I have however shived some fools. If you haven't already, invest in a Pulse Elite Headset. Oh man this thing is amazing.

I do a lot of PC gaming, the aliasing and framerate has made me want to fart. And some of the textures :| I can't wait for next gen.

Kaladin

When you finally get the Molotov, it's awesome.

Last of Us doesn't look bad. It is just when you come from PC gaming and all this talk about how beautiful the game is... my thoughts just end up being "meh, I've seen much better".

That being said, it is a fantastic game. Real fun. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) Sunny also said MGR isn't that great of a game.

jred2k

I'm sure there's an exception to that, but I'm still trying to remember what game was forgiven due to its story. Maaaaybe Silent Hill: Shattered Memories but not...exactly.

I haven't played it, but wasn't Azura's Wrath just a QTE-fest with a story people ended up liking? That and Spec Ops seemed to get a lot of love late last year based solely upon their stories.

hertog

Raw was amazing.

- Henry almost swerved me (the praise to Cena was just a bit to obvious). But man, oscar winning performance.

- Finally Christian is back

- BORK!!

The hyperbole is out of control and half the time the game looks like dogshit. There's serious issues with the game but people think story trumps gameplay, which is crazy.

You are history's greatest monster :p

First you destroy the privacy and aura of
Fuck Mountain
, now you're not a fan of The Last of Us?! HEATHEN

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Last of Us doesn't look bad. It is just when you come from PC gaming and all this talk about how beautiful the game is... my thoughts just end up being "meh, I've seen much better".

That being said, it is a fantastic game. Real fun. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) Sunny also said MGR isn't that great of a game.

It isn't better than DmC :p

But I'll wait for the PC version of Revengeance to make an honest judgment.

I haven't played it, but wasn't Azura's Wrath just a QTE-fest with a story people ended up liking? That and Spec Ops seemed to get a lot of love late last year based solely upon their stories.

Ah yes Asura's Wrath was awesome, but played like shit. That's one of em for sure. Spec Ops was fun to play and had a nice story, so I wouldn't say it counts. Spec Ops was real nice...

You are history's greatest monster :p

First you destroy the privacy and aura of
Fuck Mountain
, now you're not a fan of The Last of Us?! HEATHEN

Ha! I'm not saying I'm not a fan, I like TLoU, but people are on a whole other level of insanity with this game. It's merely good. "merely good" = I enjoy most of what I play

Actually, I'd like to retract my statement since I loved AssCreed up until 3. The third game is where I would say I kept playing it because of the story. Needless to say, I was beyond disappointed with the ending.

Also Sunflower, you should ask Big Dave Batista for his opinion on TLoU.
But I'll wait for the PC version of Revengeance to make an honest judgment.

I see what you did there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Actually, I'd like to retract my statement since I loved AssCreed up until 3. The third game is where I would say I kept playing it because of the story. Needless to say, I was beyond disappointed with the ending.

Also Sunflower, you should ask Big Dave Batista for his opinion on TLoU.

He's too busy fucking! That damn bastard!

I play a lot of PC games and I think The Last of Us looks great....well the cutscenes do. The cutscenes look fucking spectacular. The actual game does look good considering the PS3 came out in 2006.

Top Bottom