• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Asura's wrath was GOTY. Game was amazing.

Also shame on you sunny MG:R was awesome

I promise I will give MGR another try when the PC version releases.

Asura's Wrath was in my top 5 of the year when it came out. FTL won my GOTY award on the show that year though, man, I love me some FTL and I feel everyone should play it (on sale at gog.com right now for 50% off!)

I play a lot of PC games and I think The Last of Us looks great....well the cutscenes do. The cutscenes look fucking spectacular. The actual game does look good considering the PS3 came out in 2006.

I think some of it depends on what kind of display you're playing on - there's a VERY noticeable difference when there's a cutscene out of engine vs in-engine stuff. That's not a big issue to me though, heh.

Kaladin

Talking about games that were kinda meh on gameplay but beautiful in graphics and great on the story front: Heavenly Sword. Sure, the combat was ok, but it got repetitive quick and I found myself more interested in the story than the gameplay as it went on.

If you play shitty games for story (which probably still sucks anyways) instead of gameplay, you need to set your priorities straight.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love videogame stories. But only if the gameplay is strong enough to hold everything together.

Shit is not worth the hassle otherwise.

Read a book motherfuckers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you play shitty games for story (which probably still sucks anyways) instead of gameplay, you need to set your priorities straight.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love videogame stories. But only if the gameplay is strong enough to hold everything together.

The way I see it, I can play Geometry Wars 2 forever without a story. I can't play a story-focused game forever without gameplay. But everyone has different needs. Some people want a weird hybrid of the two and are willing to make gameplay sacrifices in order to get an EXPERIENCE. I just think games have the ability to do both, and we shouldn't be satisfied in the afterglow of a cool experience if it has no game behind it.

bangai-o

Banned
season 7 of The Shield is reminding me of that season of 24 when Tony Almeida
betrays CTU
\

edit

Kaitlyn needs to gain wrestling skills

Kaladin

When I go into a game that I know is shitty but will have a story I'm interested in, I usually make sure I get it cheap and I don't spend more time than I need on it to get what I want out of it.

strobogo

Banned
It's really kind of amazing how few slips or wardrobe malfunctions there have been in the past 15 years considering the skimpy outfits and doing wrestling movies in them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's really kind of amazing how few slips or wardrobe malfunctions there have been in the past 15 years considering the skimpy outfits and doing wrestling movies in them.

Yeah, it's been disappointing.

Still a fan of the Stephanie pedigree. Holy grail!

Kaitlyn is super strong and basically hurls herself headfirst at people which results in either a big goddamn spear or a car crash esque miss into a barricade/turnbuckle

If she played football, the NFL would fine her for helmet to helmet tackles every week :p

Kaladin

I have them. Haven't encountered a good opportunity to throw one yet however.

There is one right after you get it
when you have the room with 3 infected and you have to get a desk out of it to go over a truck that is blocking your path. Throw the molotov in and wait on the one you hit to set the others on fire.

krae_man

There is one right after you get it
when you have the room with 3 infected and you have to get a desk out of it to go over a truck that is blocking your path. Throw the molotov in and wait on the one you hit to set the others on fire.

I'm past that. I just met up with Tommy. I'll find another.

jred2k

So the Toronto Raw tickets go on sale July 13th. Does anybody want to try and get tickets in the same section or just meet up before Raw or something?

I haven't been to an event since I was about 8 or 9 so I'm not too sure how the ticket purchasing process goes. I'm hoping to get tickets as close to the ring as possible.

bangai-o

Banned
Kaitlyn is super strong and basically hurls herself headfirst at people which results in either a big goddamn spear or a car crash esque miss into a barricade/turnbuckle

If she played football, the NFL would fine her for helmet to helmet tackles every week :p

its fine that she is a tank like Ryback. But at least Ryback has more moves. She needs to run the ropes more often and needs to do some suplexes and lifts every now and then. All she has been doing is the double leg takedown and flurry of hair.

Kaladin

I hope Ryback is doomed to mid-card hell now that Cena has done with him. He should fit nicely with Wade Barrett and other Nexus alumni.

Nexus......I'm actually glad Team DB avoided that train wreck.

Joeki11a

Banned
CM Punk trying to stand up to Brock was silly, looked worse
than trying to stand up to The Rock, these Hulk size figures and
phil looking like a regular guy that has been watching to much Hockey.

jmdajr

DMC is amazing. I don't know what the problem is.

Not Japanese enough? Not hardcore enough?

Game play mechanics are fucking awesome.

krae_man

So the Toronto Raw tickets go on sale July 13th. Does anybody want to try and get tickets in the same section or just meet up before Raw or something?

I haven't been to an event since I was about 8 or 9 so I'm not too sure how the ticket purchasing process goes. I'm hoping to get tickets as close to the ring as possible.

Tickets are going to sell FAST. It's probably a better idea top just buy whatever you want yourself. We should totally meetup for dinner before however.

Saints Row 3 is free on PS+, look forward to playing that once it installs.

It's wrestling related

That's pretty cool. Who wants to summarize how the free games and ps+ work. Will they be doing that on the 4? My roommate said they didn't go away so if I got a ps3 and ps+ would I have a bunch of free games to download?

That's pretty cool. Who wants to summarize how the free games and ps+ work. Will they be doing that on the 4? My roommate said they didn't go away so if I got a ps3 and ps+ would I have a bunch of free games to download?

The games are free as long as you have PS+. If PS+ runs out, you can't play the game anymore until you resub.

Things you actually buy (like things that are on sale thanks to PS+) are yours forever though.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
You go into the ps+ section of the store and free games are listed. You can "purchase" them and cancle the download to have them saved in your download list if you don't have enough space. You can redownload them at any time after they are removed from the store and play them as long as you are subscribed to ps+. There will be free games for the ps4 as well. If your subscription ends and you reup it at a later date you regain access to all of them.

Omega

Banned

Free games on PS+ are rentals. As long as you're a + member, you keep them. You decide to stop subscribing, you can't play the game. There's only 3-4 PS3 games you can download at a time. There's 2 that are there for a year, and they usually change the other 1-2 every month.

Right now you would be able to get Uncharted 3 (SP + f2p multiplayer which only lets you level up to 15) XCOM, SR3 and Deus Ex. I believe Deus Ex and SR3 are the monthly titles so they'll be here until July 6th or something, and then they get cycled out for two new games.

jmdajr

The games are free as long as you have PS+. If PS+ runs out, you can't play the game anymore until you resub.

Things you actually buy (like things that are on sale thanks to PS+) are yours forever though.

But Xbox 360 is now giving free games to keep!

Shit like Perfect dark Zero, and Project Gotham racing 3!

jmdajr

Free games on PS+ are rentals. As long as you're a + member, you keep them. You decide to stop subscribing, you can't play the game. There's only 3-4 PS3 games you can download at a time. There's 2 that are there for a year, and they usually change the other 1-2 every month.

Right now you would be able to get Uncharted 3 (SP + f2p multiplayer which only lets you level up to 15) XCOM, SR3 and Deus Ex. I believe Deus Ex and SR3 are the monthly titles so they'll be here until July 6th or something, and then they get cycled out for two new games.

So after the month you are hosed? Or do they stay there as long as you keep playing?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Protip: "Purchase" every free ps+ game and cancel the download if you don't want it to take up space. You'll build up a vita library for example if you don't have a vita. Then you can download all those games for your future vita!

CM Punk trying to stand up to Brock was silly, looked worse
than trying to stand up to The Rock, these Hulk size figures and
phil looking like a regular guy that has been watching to much Hockey.

Makes more sense than Triple H fighting Brock Lesnar and always having the upper hand.

Top Bottom