• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Kaladin

I don't really have the room for a 60 inch TV. Nor do I want to pay that much for one. This is all spurred on by the blu-ray issue I'm having. And because of my old ass graphics card not having enough power to it, it doesn't even go to HD resolutions, so these blu-rays look like DVDs anyway. But then I was thinking about how much better it'd be if I just had a real HDTV and a real BR player and had my 360 hooked up to it.

Bam.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCGRLV2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I want Christian to be in a feud he'll actually win.

Somebody getting the upper hand on Christian isn't exactly unheard of, nor would it put them over anyways.

Captain Charisma deserves some respect dammit.

Dthomp

5eq7oxO.png
F1KjoVw.jpg

e11IfZE.gif

Uhm....who dis?

Kaladin

I don't know why you guys get excited over Christian. He's a mid-card work horse who got a World title run to solidify him as a threat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Come on man, that's total hyperbole - just because DriveClub is a 'gimped' version of the full retail game doesn't mean that the PS+ service won't continue to offer older games for free, as it does today. Anyone who was seriously expecting them to give away a launch title on the day of release is out of their mind. There's never been a full retail game released as part of the PS+ 'instant game collection' on the same day it releases in stores.

Can't expect them to put in free full retail games right after the system comes out and only has a dozen games, give it a month or six and it'll have a free retail and an indie game each month. I'm not worried, the service has been doing them wonders so far.

I don't think it's getting gimped but I wouldn't expect them to give the full version of Driveclub for free on launch day. Maybe 6 or 7 months down the line.

I don't think my reasoning is out of line. They should be promoting it for what it ACTUALLY is instead of glossing over the fact that if I go buy Driveclub it's different than their "free ps4 game"

3M9nlbY.png

I just don't see anything wrong with calling them out on some mildly (yes, just mildly) deceptive marketing. I know "hey man, how can you EXPECT them to give what they're promoting" and yes they're backpedaling, but jeezus.gif

XenoRaven

Oops. I went into a thread about a female video game character. I keep forgetting not to do that.

I'm officially adding "threads that talk about a female video game character" to the list of topics to never click on. It joins "threads that ask a yes or no question" and "threads made by Timedog".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oops. I went into a thread about a female video game character. I keep forgetting not to do that.

I'm officially adding "threads that talk about a female video game character" to the list of topics to never click on. It joins "threads that ask a yes or no question" and "threads made by Timedog".

Don't do any of those three

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't know why you guys get excited over Christian. He's a mid-card work horse who got a World title run to solidify him as a threat.

Christian never got what he deserved. He was the better half of E&C. He was a better heel than Edga and he was by far the best thing about WWE's ECW.

Everyone hates Kojima on the gaming side for some reason. You'd think he violated their mothers or something.

Edit: Assuming you're referring to the Quiet thread.

Kaladin

For me that lists includes political, religious and sexual (orientation, relationship or otherwise) threads.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think my reasoning is out of line. They should be promoting it for what it ACTUALLY is instead of glossing over the fact that if I go buy Driveclub it's different than their "free ps4 game"

3M9nlbY.png

I just don't see anything wrong with calling them out on some mildly (yes, just mildly) deceptive marketing. I know "hey man, how can you EXPECT them to give what they're promoting" and yes they're backpedaling, but jeezus.gif

They clearly called it Driveclub PS Plus Edition. I never took it to mean it was the retail game personally, but I get where you are coming from. Don't think they are "gimping" the service though.

I bet a year from launch Sony will do the "Instant Game Collection" thing. They simply can't give out retail games for free day one, it has to be a bit of a slow burn.

KissVibes

Banned
One. More. Match.

More like ONE MORE RUN!

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Believe it!

I want Christian to be in a feud he'll actually win.

Somebody getting the upper hand on Christian isn't exactly unheard of, nor would it put them over anyways.

Captain Charisma deserves some respect dammit.

FUCKIN' RIGHT!

I'd love to see him hold the WWE Title for a bit but it's honestly not going to happen. It really sucks but he can work a solid program involving the WHC. He shouldn't be involved in the IC picture because there are enough midcard guys for that already. Christian is a vet who's wrestled some of the best and can really elevate a guy to the main event picture.

Plus, you can cart EDGE out a couple more times for PPVs and shit.

somedevil

According to pwinsider:

When Bryan returned to the back, he was "irate" according to a source and complained to Triple H that the match should not have been stopped. The two got into a loud argument over it. The argument went down in the gorilla position with a lot of eyeballs on it and people were shocked because Bryan is generally soft spoken and good natured and he was standing up to one of the most powerful men in the company.

Bryan complained that he's worked all over the world and has worked hurt and knows when he can still go and when he cannot. Triple H's argument was that they were protecting Bryan and they don't want anyone working hurt. Obviously, the company sees something major in Bryan and wants him ready for his push.

The two eventually apologized to each other.

Even the argument between Bryan and Triple H was real. No wonder there was no footage for that. They just turned it into an angle later.

I'm with triple h on this though. He is a major player who got a stinger and it was easily affecting him. It should be stopped to protect him and the investment they have in him going forward.

hertog

Christian never got what he deserved. He was the better half of E&C. He was a better heel than Edga and he was by far the best thing about WWE's ECW.

Christian should have beaten Cena for the world title in 2005. He was so damn over and it would have solidified him as a main eventer.
But hey, this pic is from 2005:

same-old-crap-john-cena.jpg

3M9nlbY.png

It's one thing to call Sony out for glossing over the fact that it isn't the full game (they definitely could have explained it better) and entirely another to suggest that PS+, as the service we know stands, will be gimped on the basis of DriveClub: PS+ Edition's existence alone.

They should have just called it DriveClub: Freemium Edition, 'cause that's what it essentially is.

Even the argument between Bryan and Triple H was real. No wonder there was no footage for that. They just turned it into an angle later.

I'm with triple h on this though. He is a major player who got a stinger and it was easily affecting him. It should be stopped to protect him and the investment they have in him going forward.

If* this is all real then it sends an interesting precedent. Some guys may just start working hurt and finishing the match without letting the ref and their opponents know. I believe the old standard for injuries was "complete the match as fast and safe as possible but don't switch the winner".

Ultimately I agree it's better for the talent, but there needs to be some balance stricken between how much the wrestler should gauge their own health and how much should be given to management.

*Sort of unsure

JustinBB7

The Daniel Bryan injury was real and he really suffered a stinger and was supposed to beat Randy Orton on Raw. That's why Orton broke character because he is friend of Bryans.

He better keep healthy because he is about to get the big push.

edit: They better redo that match on Raw with him demanding it after what happened last week and wins the match.

Wait so was Bryan supposed to do a promo to go after the WWE title that night? So Henry was a backup and is only staying until Bryan is cleared or something? That would be p cool of Henry if that's the case. (If he really wanted to retire but is doing 1 more thing because Bryan got hurt)

But I guess that's not the case and Bryan was gonna go for the title later anyway.

KissVibes

Banned
Christian never got what he deserved. He was the better half of E&C. He was a better heel than Edge and he was by far the best thing about WWE's ECW.

Christian should have beaten Cena for the world title in 2005. He was so damn over and it would have solidified him as a main eventer.

Both of you are smart and handsome individuals.

Kelly could out work Christian any day of the week.

tumblr_molrd1vimr1s42g9mo5_500.png

What's wrong with you?

Kaladin

Wait so was Bryan supposed to do a promo to go after the WWE title that night? So Henry was a backup and is only staying until Bryan is cleared or something? That would be p cool of Henry if that's the case. (If he really wanted to retire but is doing 1 more thing because Bryan got hurt)

But I guess that's not the case and Bryan was gonna go for the title later anyway.

I think Bryan's title run is a long build. They've always done long term builds with Bryan. He's going to get bigger and bigger wins till he gets a title shot, possibly Summerslam or later.

Striker

They're going hard after the NFL/Roger Goodell concussion angle. Don't forget they did the awful replay angle for the first ending in the Del Rio-Swagger match at Extreme Rules.

Who knows if it is Vince or HHH, but it's pretty blatant and awful.

somedevil

He already did the promo before the match when he was in the locker room talking to Kane saying he is going for the title. The idea is he is going to win money in the bank and challenge Cena at Summerslam. Seems like the main matches at Summerslam are Cena vs Bryan, Lesnar vs Punk and maybe Kane and Undertaker versus the shield if the Undertaker wants to do it.

If* this is all real then it sends an interesting precedent. Some guys may just start working hurt and finishing the match without letting the ref and their opponents know. I believe the old standard for injuries was "complete the match as fast and safe as possible but don't switch the winner".

Ultimately I agree it's better for the talent, but there needs to be some balance stricken between how much the wrestler should gauge their own health and how much should be given to management.

*Sort of unsure

I believe the new policy is any injury involving spine or the head they won't let it continue. Basically Bryan was messed up after the injury. One arm seemed numb and his kicks to Orton looked bad due to the injury. The whole match just feel apart after the missile drop kick made it worse.

I don't know what to think about Bryan/HHH.

Feel happy for bryan and hope its over quick.

The Triple H squash feud that only exists to puff up HHH's ego and set some up and comers career back a few months only happens to the top young guys who are about to truly break through. Guys like Cena, Ortan, Sheamus, Punk, Batista all had to go through the same BS squash feud with Triple H and yeah.

It sucks in the short term but its just part of elevating someone to the main event at this point.

Maybe next year it will be Zigglers chance to lose to Triple H. We can only hope.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Sunflower is a big Sony dude

I'm a Dreamcast dude

I just go where the games are, I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford all of it (with sacrifices made, it aint EASY) so I can shop around if I need to.

Ithil

No, the angle for the WWE title was Bryan mentioning in his backstage vignette with Kane that he needed to go solo, and he needed to win the WWE title. I assume that was to set up him going for the RAW MITB.

Kaladin

So it's not set in stone yet because a job opportunity could come up and fuck up my plans, but August is going to be vacation month.

First week August 4th - 8th = Camping at Long Key State Park, FL

Camping on the beach:

And then, extended labor day wekend:

August 29th, - September 2nd

I met all of my rowdy friends for the big music festival....friends I only get to see once or twice a year.

Power of August

Batigol

Banned
How did Christian turn out so rubbish compared to edge? They were both charismatic as hell when they were a tag team, wtf happened

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Civ V might be the best game to play while watching wrestling ever. It's so EASY.

Striker

How did Christian turn out so rubbish compared to edge? They were both charismatic as hell when they were a tag team, wtf happened
Watch anything in 2004 or 2005.

Or you mean since he's return to WWE? Maybe because he knows he won't get anything above midcard or good storylines and just goes to work and gets paid.

Even though he had little mic time, in the WWE-ECW time he was carrying guys like Zeke Jackson and Zack Ryder to quality matches and allowed the show to be decent to watch (moreso than RAW was at the time).

Nebula

I watched Payback and enjoyed it until the last match. The last match overall was not well paced and felt a bit silly. You could see the Ambulance spot the moment Cena backed up onto the roof. Wasn't all that great.

I've watched RAW and I enjoyed myself. Mark Henry is a genius. I may resume watching RAW full time.

Top Bottom