• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

RBH

362915_lalt.jpg

The last of us is pretty good you guys.

The combat can be intense. Cant wait to finish it and restart on the unlockable super hard mode. I bet that is going to be a bitch.

I am only 5/6 hours in but so far its my Troy Baker GOTY. Dude has some VO chops.

The last of us is pretty good you guys.

The combat can be intense. Cant wait to finish it and restart on the unlockable super hard mode. I bet that is going to be a bitch.

I am only 5/6 hours in but so far its my Troy Baker GOTY. Dude has some VO chops.

When he actually sounds like he's from the South, he sounds amazing. But sometimes his normal Troy Baker voice slips in, and the whole thing just falls apart. Some lines/soundbytes just shouldn't have made it in the final game in the state they're in. A few retakes would've been nice.

NJPW have confirmed the 07/05 Kizuna Road show will be a UStream iPPV - pre-orders go up on Wednesday, but there's no word on whether the bigger 07/20 will also be an iPPV. Here's the line-ups for both;

NJPW, "KIZUNA ROAD 2013", 2013.07.05 (Samurai! TV/USTREAM)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Super Strong Machine vs. Toaru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Jado
2. Togi Makabe, Manabu Nakanishi, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA vs. Yuji Nagata, Hirooki Goto, Captain New Japan & Takaaki Watanabe
3. Tomohiro Ishii, Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov vs. Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
4. Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & La Sombra vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi
- Announcement of participants for G1 Climax
5. Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Karl Anderson & Bad Luke Fale
6. CMLL World Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & El Terrible (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Gedo

I'll grab this, as I'm pretty sold on Devitt vs Gedo and some of the other matches should turn out to be pretty good. Probably the Suzuki-gun vs CHAOS match. However, I hope this one is also an iPPV;

NJPW, "KIZUNA ROAD 2013", 2013.07.20 (WPW)
Akita Municipal Gymnasium

0. Manabu Nakanishi, Tomoaki Honma, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA vs. Yujiro Takahashi, YOSHI-HASHI, Gedo & Jado
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov (c) vs. TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
2. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki
3. IWGP Tag Team Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
4. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tetsuya Naito
5. Special Singles Match: La Sombra vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
6. Special 8 Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, Jushin Thunder Liger & Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson, El Terrible , Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale
7. Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata
8. Kazushi Sakuraba Return Match: Yuji Nagata vs. Kazushi Sakuraba
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Prince Devitt

Hot-damn, that's a fucking awesome line-up, especially the last 3 matches - can't wait to see Goto vs Sakuraba III!

Also, Dragon Gate's Infinity iPPV is up for pre-order! The full card has yet to be confirmed;

Dragon Gate, "INFINITY", 2013.07.04 (PPV/USTREAM)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

http://www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $20

18:30 Japan | 11:30 Europe | 10:30 UK | 05:30 East Coast | 03:30 West Coast

. 10 Man Tag Match: CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fuji, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino vs Jimmy Susumu, Ryo 'Jimmy' Saito, YAMATO, BxB Hulk & Uhaa Nation
. Special Singles Match: Akira Tozawa vs Shingo Takagi

tm24

NJPW, "KIZUNA ROAD 2013", 2013.07.05 (Samurai! TV/USTREAM)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
4. Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & La Sombra vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi
6. CMLL World Tag Team Title: Tama Tonga & El Terrible (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger

5. Special Singles Match: La Sombra vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
8. Kazushi Sakuraba Return Match: Yuji Nagata vs. Kazushi Sakuraba

Hyped for these matches! Surprised CMLL hasnt sent a tag team to challenge Forever Hooligans or for the jr tag belts period. Titan/Rush or La Mascara/Mascara Dorada vs the Hooligans would be incredible

I'd say TLOU is AT LEAST 10x the game that Uncharted 2 was. It's not just a glorified cutscene, and does have a decent amount of depth to it. With that said, I do have some issues with it, but they can be overlooked. Really enjoyed it.

From what I've seen, I seem to be one of the biggest Uncharted 3 critics on Gaming side and I love The Last of Us. Completely different kind of game and combat is vastly improved. Give it a shot.
I want to believe.

Unfortunately Troy Baker could not save Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for me, what a load of hilariously inconsistent shit that was. I'm going to be all Baker'd out at this rate, you could say i'm "baked".

Speaking of Baked, man I can't even begin to care for the return of RVD, there's only so many times I can watch his formulaic matches and in the last decade or so I more than passed the tolerance level, probably back in like 2003-2004 for that matter.

XenoRaven

It seemed like he and Iizuka weren't really interested in winning the match. They just wanted to cause as much havoc as possible. The ending was great, and it apparently got them a 2v2 tag rematch instead of this 3-way/4-way bullcrap so maybe Yano is some sort of mad genius.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It seemed like he and Iizuka weren't really interested in winning the match. They just wanted to cause as much havoc as possible. The ending was great, and it apparently got them a 2v2 tag rematch instead of this 3-way/4-way bullcrap so maybe Yano is some sort of mad genius.

Almost every Yano and Iizuka match spends the majority of it out fighting in the crowd. They put the CHAOS in CHAOS.
yanoaynaop0r8k.gif

Jamie OD

Yano's the closest thing they have for a troll. Not only with his wrestling style, he's also the guy that will ruin your winning streak in a tournament.

Aiii

So not worth it
This new gimmick isn't working out Strob, I hear people backstage feel you're getting X-Pac heat instead of legit heel heat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NJPW have confirmed the 07/05 Kizuna Road show will be a UStream iPPV - pre-orders go up on Wednesday, but there's no word on whether the bigger 07/20 will also be an iPPV. Here's the line-ups for both;

Hot-damn, that's a fucking awesome line-up, especially the last 3 matches - can't wait to see Goto vs Sakuraba III!

Looks amazing. I got started with Dominion the other night but I was exhausted and couldn't stay up. Looking to catch up on my lunch break. Need to see Makabe vs Okada. Then I'm ready to see if Devitt can make me a believer in July.

Kaladin

ROH Spoilers:

ROH ended SCUM last night when Kevin Steen pinned Jimmy Jacobs to win Steel Cage Warfare with a win for ROH. As per the stipulations, SCUM has to disband. This was done for the television tapings and will be on their TV series in 3 weeks I think. Where does ROH go from here?

strobogo

Banned
The Bill Nye one totally got me and somehow I didn't even see it coming even after he said lever.

ROH Spoilers:

ROH ended SCUM last night when Kevin Steen pinned Jimmy Jacobs to win Steel Cage Warfare with a win for ROH. As per the stipulations, SCUM has to disband. This was done for the television tapings and will be on their TV series in 3 weeks I think. Where does ROH go from here?

More tits, hopefully.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jackie Fargo died, here's Observer's writeup:

Jackie Fargo, who along with Jerry Lawler was one of the two biggest stars in the history of Tennessee wrestling, passed away this morning at the age of 83.

He had been in critical condition for more than a week.

Fargo came to Tennessee as part the Fabulous Fargos tag team, with Don Kalt as brother Don. Fargo (Henry Faggart) was the legitimate brother of Sonny "Roughhouse" Fargo, who teamed with him on occasion and also refereed for Jim Crockett Promotions.

In a number of cities, including Memphis, Louisville, Chattanooga and Nashville, there was no bigger consistent weekly draw than Fargo in his prime, which peaked as far as star power went in the early 70s.

A later generation of fans in Tennessee would remember him as the man who brought The Fabulous Ones (Stan Lane & Steve Keirn; and a later unsuccessful remake of Eddie Gilbert & Tommy Rich) into Tennessee as their spiritual adviser. He remained someone who could increase the house for special appearances once or twice a year well into the 90s.

Fargo was inducted in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame in 1996.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's gonna be an awkward conversation when Deadly Premonition Director's Cut shows up higher on my GOTY list than Last of Us.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's gonna be an awkward conversation when Deadly Premonition Director's Cut shows up higher on my GOTY list than Last of Us.

Doesn't count brah! Apocalypse Now Redux didn't get a second crack at Best Picture!

Though I do like the idea of a Rambo II/III Value Pack winning Best Picture

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good enough for Persona 4, good enough for Agent Francis York Morgan.

Though I can tell you all now that GTA V will be my goty. Without even playing it.

BFIB

Good enough for Persona 4, good enough for Agent Francis York Morgan.

Though I can tell you all now that GTA V will be my goty. Without even playing it.

I thought that too, but Last of Us is really going to give it a run for my GOTY pick.

The thing is RVD still has drawing power for 90% percent of the Raw audience. The Chicago crowd loved him coming back and his name helped sell out Money in the Bank a month in advance. In the fans eyes he far ahead of Shelton, MVP or Morrison.

He basically going to fill into Jericho role when he leaves after Money in the Bank. Not sure if he be a face or heel but they can put him with Heyman and can feud with Punk if they want.

My 9-year-old son is incredibly excited about RVD coming back, despite him only being into WWE for just under a year. Somewhere between the WWE library on Netflix and the last few WWE games, he has RVD escalated into his Top 10, but he has no specific reason for it.

Is MGSV out at the end of the year? Because that seems like the game of forever.

I kinda doubt it bruh, definitely next year though!

Edit: I have been thinking about getting Deadly Premonition, but I can't justify buying full price an obviously buggy as hell and half-baked gameplay experience.

Maybe when it's like 10 bucks or something.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Isn't there a PPV in Detroit as well in like September? A couple buddies wanna go there

EDIT: Yeah, Night of Champions is at the Joe.

Top Bottom