• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Ydahs

Wait, Slammiversary was on today? I'll definitely watch it.

I watched every TNA airing between 2006 to the start of 2013, but gave it up when I couldn't find the time anymore. Seems it was the wrong time to jump ship since the last few months have apparently been a lot better than the end of 2012.

Pretty crazy that a year ago I'd be watching Raw, Smackdown, TNA and the occasional NXT every week, yet all I've been doing this year is fastforwarding through RAW and watching the segments which interest me. Might start watching TNA again if this PPV turns out well.

strobogo

Banned
It's almost 3 AM here, so he's going to have to wait awhile for my lunch if he wants to eat it. I rarely even have lunch.

It's almost 3 AM here, so he's going to have to wait awhile for my lunch if he wants to eat it. I rarely even have lunch.

You've made a grave mistake - letting me know what time zone you're in.

I'm one step closer now.

And I'm going to fist. pump. your. face.

Woo woo woo, you know it.

*L I*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's so weird rediscovering what was one of my earlier youtube comments and it was about El Generico

AND REALIZING IT WAS 7 FUCKING YEARS AGO OH GOD TIME

My favorite part of Smackdown was when Daniel Bryan went SSJ2 and solo'ed all the Cell Jr.

If I was booking WWE I think I'd just make every show end like that.

Aiii

So not worth it
ssj.gif

I just love how they manged to turn a Borton vs Ambrose match into all about D-Bry and his Third Reich-like control over the crowd.

watched my first NXT the other day, then proceeded to catch up on the whole month of May.

I really like how the talent seems to have a lot more freedom with their characters

Emma is so freakin awesome too, her music and dance are hypnotizing.

Searching "Power of June" on Google Images brings up...

- The NXT Logo
- Punk vs Cena
- Angry Brodus Clay

...what does this mean?

Pizoxuat

If it weren't for twitter, I have to wonder if I'd even notice Big E, much less be a fan and look forward to seeing him.

Putting out clothing in the charity shop I work at earlier and I came across a rare treasure, the John Cena 8 bit shirt, alas my plans to make it a joke birthday present for a friend who once gave me the lovely present of The Marine were scuppered when the shirt was too small, I could've purchased it for myself but figured that I would never wear a piece of Cenation merchandise myself, so much to Bean Breath's disappointment I will not be joining the legion of British WWE shirt wearers today.

Coming to think of it that shirt must've cost an arm and a leg from the awful WWE Euroshop back in the day, since it was only £3 maybe I should've purchased it to frame on my wall.

Searching "Power of June" on Google Images brings up...

- The NXT Logo
- Punk vs Cena
- Angry Brodus Clay

...what does this mean?
That the power of June is gonna be funky this year.

Few gifs from The Colony/Devastation Corporation trios match at CHIKARA yesterday...

Fire Ant being awesome;

ibg6SdGKMd1qPE.gif

Green Ant's balcony dive;

ij0tpvkkyRWWg.gif

The Ant Hill;

iMJtdk8DyVVHf.gif

*edit, all the CHIKARA events for the rest of the year have been cancelled :O

http://www.chikarapro.com/events.php

Damn you, Titor!

A couple of NOAH shows from last month;

NOAH, "NORTERN NAVIGATION", 2013.05.17
Sendai Industrial Exhibition Mansion Aztec Museum
600 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2o7bl

01. Maybach SUWA Jr. vs Hitoshi Kumano
02. Yoshinari Ogawa vs Kyle Sebastian
03. Maybach Taniguchi vs Jake Dirden
04. Naomichi Marufuji vs Daisuke Harada
05. Mohammed Yone & Daisuke Ikeda vs Yoshihiro Takayama & Genba Hirayanagi
06. NO MERCY (KENTA & Takashi Sugiura) vs BRAVE (Takeshi Morishima & Atsushi Kotoge)
07. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title Match: Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Taro Nohashi

NOAH, "NORTERN NAVIGATION", 2013.05.26
Ishikawa Industrial Exhibition Hall #3
1,350 Fans - No Vancancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2o7g8

01. NOAH vs Diamond Ring: Hitoshi Kumano vs Satoshi Kajiwara
02. Mohammed Yone vs Jake Dirden
03. Maybach Taniguchi vs Kyle Sebastian
04. NOAH vs Diamond Ring: Yoshinari Ogawa & Daisuke Harada vs Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima
05. Atsushi Kotoge vs Genba Hirayanagi
06. Taiji Ishimori vs Maybach SUWA Jr.
07. NO MERCY (KENTA & Takashi Sugiura) vs BRAVE (Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji)

The NO MERCY vs BRAVE stuff is worth a watch, as is Ishimori defending the Jr. title against Taro Nohashi (who's an Ultimo Dragon trainee/Michinoku Pro guy). Also, Ogawa & Harada vs Kensuke & Nakajima is pretty good.

too much wrestling to catch up on.

Better than having no wrestling to catch up on, I guess :p

what is going on in that one? Is that fat guy just walking out of the ring? Was he partnered with the guy that jumped into his arms?

Hah, I hadn't noticed that - nah, he wasn't on Fire Ant's team, it was just a bad sell. He was meant to be sent rolling out of the ring from the momentum of the head scissors, but was more concerned with passing Fire Ant off to the guy taking the DDT. The Devastation Corporation are still pretty green, so it's forgiveable.

From PWInsider;

As we noted last night in the PWInsider.com Elite section, it is expected that all of the announced CHIKARA dates will shortly be canceled or converted into live events presented by the promotion's "Wrestling Is..." satellite promotions.

CHIKARA the brand, as it stands, has run its last event, at least for some time. No whether that's the end of the promotion or some really intricate angle and storyline remains to be seen.

There was no official announcement as to what was going on in the locker room, although I am told small groups of wrestlers were spoken to over the course of the night. We were also told that the roster was asked to signed non-disclosure agreements before last night's event. Given how secretive CHIKARA is usually with all their plans, I'm not surprised to hear that.

I do know that a number of CHIKARA performers have started reaching out to independent promoters looking for work to replace what were originally CHIKARA dates this summer.

There were several incidents with fans in the wake of the end of the show. One fan was so angry about security forcing him out of the building, he shoulderblocked a glass door and ended up breaking the glass door. I am sure the venue LOVED tnat. Another fan loudly refused to leave the Trocadero's box office, demanding a refund. He was so disruptive that the venue management was going to call the police to remove him. It was described to me as "the worst stereotypical wrestling fan tantrum you could imagine."

*edit, lol, the fan having a tantrum, demanding for a refund was apparently Green Lantern Fan.

strobogo

Banned
I was out and saw dogs in opposite cars at a stop light. They straight up did a head nod to each other. It was probably the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Wait... What happened at CHIKARA?

Some really geeky stuff that ties into a major 3+ year long storyline, which only a fraction of the audience is actually aware of.

Basically, ex-referee Derek Sabato gatecrashed the show after intermission and said he was tweeting a photo of the mysterious Titor Conglomerate who, supposedly, own CHIKARA - one of these men is a relative of the CHIKARA Director of Fun Wink Vavasuer (or, he's an older version of Wink from the future). Then, during the main event just as Icarus was about to defeat Eddie Kingston for the Grand Championship, Wink appeared on the stage and ordered a ton of Condor Security personal to rush the ring, drag the competitors and the ref from the building, tear down the set and kick the fans out of the building. The iPPV feed was cut shortly after.

The rumour before the show was that CHIKARA would be folding as a promotion, but would continue through the various Wrestling is... promotions started over the past year or so, and now that rumour seems to be playing out.

Some really geeky stuff that ties into a major 3+ year long storyline, which only a fraction of the audience is actually aware of.

Basically, ex-referee Derek Sabato gatecrashed the show after intermission and said he was tweeting a photo of the mysterious Titor Conglomerate who, supposedly, own CHIKARA - one of these men is a relative of the CHIKARA Director of Fun Wink Vavasuer (or, he's an older version of Wink from the future). Then, during the main event just as Icarus was about to defeat Eddie Kingston for the Grand Championship, Wink appeared on the stage and ordered a ton of Condor Security personal to rush the ring, drag the competitors and the ref from the building, tear down the set and kick the fans out of the building. The iPPV feed was cut shortly after.

The rumour before the show was that CHIKARA would be folding as a promotion, but would continue through the various Wrestling is... promotions started over the past year or so, and now that rumour seems to be playing out.

The whole thing is hilarious, especially Quack getting the talent to sign forms not to speak about the reason why CHIKARA is folding.

Top Bottom