• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

DMczaf

What if it's not the Wyatt Family that indoctrinates Bo, what if it's the Dallas Family that indoctrinates Bray?

tumblr_m6mwy0J2UZ1qjlf0eo2_250.png

SWERVE!

Toki767

So I'm watching the NJPW shows since I keep hearing good reviews about them...it's kinda funny how Alex Koslov is a heel...asking the crowd to stand while he sings the Russian national anthem...and the crowd stands in respect. That would never fly in the US.

Yeah, anywhere else he'd be getting constant boos. Japan is strange, lol.

In NJPW news, La Sombra successfully defended the Intercontinental Title in Mexico, so that means La Sombra vs Shinsuke Nakamura on the 07/20 iPPV will likely be a rematch for the IC belt.

Jamie OD

So I'm watching the NJPW shows since I keep hearing good reviews about them...it's kinda funny how Alex Koslov is a heel...asking the crowd to stand while he sings the Russian national anthem...and the crowd stands in respect. That would never fly in the US.

I don't think the Japanese crowd realise he sings it badly on purpose.

I made a random gif of Vince;

iZscdpmhm2Dg0.gif

Ivan Putski was teaching him the Polish Polka.

*edit, AAW put on another great-sounding show last night, but unfortunately Sami Callihan missed the show after nearly flipping his car because the U-Haul trailer wasn't secured properly and sheared off one of his wheels. Sami was meant to wrestle Samuray Del Sol in both guys farewell to AAW before they head for WWE developmental, but instead Samuray teamed with Cabana against The Irish Airborne.

Also, Carlito Colon debuted on the show and challenged ACH for the AAW Heritage Title.

Plus,
Shane Hollister defeated Michael Elgin to become the new AAW Heavyweight Champion
!

Entropia

No One Remembers
2 big tidbits for GWF 2.0's Monday debut

1: It will be commercial-free and our production crew is looking to minimize load screens
2: I will release a "Sunday Night Ice" episode of 2 matches on the Sunday before GWF.

What would you guys like to see in these 2 matches?

Yes!

Imo, one of the matches should be a lumberjack match because it's Canada Day weekend! :3

Was just about to spend £50 on the complete 2001 NJPW collection from one of the tape traders, but the shipping price was horrible. The trader was great though, offered a 15% discount, so can't complain with that.

strobogo

Banned
These ones are bordering on outright creepy. These things scare me. Why aren't there any on "hey, treat your guy right, because they are people, too" or "treat your guy the way you want him to treat you"?

601651_543982648982981_1750683966_n.jpg

942612_294107624066082_1398102287_n.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I don't look for them. They show up on my FB because my friend posts 900 a day. I'm not Soul scouring Kane's family's instagrams or something.

FCW Closes Doors, WWE Developmental Moving to Orlando

The article says that developmental has started moving most of the ring gear and materials from the FCW Arena to the new WWE Performance Center. Some of the FCW staff will be leaving developmental during the transition; Rob Naylor might be working with Dusty Rhodes on some sort of blog, and Steve Keirn isn't tagging along with the rest of the NXT crew to Winter Park, but Norman Smiley will be heading there.

What does this mean for NXT, apart from a change in venue?

FCW Closes Doors, WWE Developmental Moving to Orlando

The article says that developmental has started moving most of the ring gear and materials from the FCW Arena to the new WWE Performance Center. Some of the FCW staff will be leaving developmental during the transition; Rob Naylor might be working with Dusty Rhodes on some sort of blog, and Steve Keirn isn't tagging along with the rest of the NXT crew to Winter Park, but Norman Smiley will be heading there.

What does this mean for NXT, apart from a change in venue?

Are they still presumably doing their tapings in Full Sail still?

Are they still presumably doing their tapings in Full Sail still?

Actually, I messed up; I didn't see anything about them moving away from Full Sail, so I don't know why I said anything about a change in venue. They're probably going to keep filming at Full Sail.

There was something about how their live event at Palatka Armory in Palatka, Florida will be the last event before the Performance Center opens officially. I think that's what tripped me up.

They're going to have some sort of closed event for the press for the Center on July 11th.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, you and the roomie coming?

Trying to. Gotta sync schedules right.

Sunday Night ICE is done filming, it's a short 20 minute show. Promos for GWF 2.0's debut, and there's two matches:

Net_Wrecker vs dmczaf
SailorSwayze's debut vs ???

I'll have it up tomorrow on-demand on Youtube, not a live show.

antonz

Actually, I messed up; I didn't see anything about them moving away from Full Sail, so I don't know why I said anything about a change in venue. They're probably going to keep filming at Full Sail.

There was something about how their live event at Palatka Armory in Palatka, Florida will be the last event before the Performance Center opens officially. I think that's what tripped me up.

They're going to have some sort of closed event for the press for the Center on July 11th.

Yeah Winter Park is the city where Full Sail is outside Orlando so it seems more then anything WWE is fully committing to the area.

Here's a small preview I wrote for AIW - Absolution VIII, which is live worldwide via iPPV tomorrow at 18:30, Eastern;

http://senorlariato.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/absolution-viii-preview.html

Anyone else from WrassleGAF going to be watching tomorrow? If you haven't seen AIW before, this is their biggest show of the year and a perfect time to jump in.

Good write up Boots. I've been looking forward to this show for a good long while. Can't wait to go to the world famous Turner's Hall tomorrow. The card is going to bring it in ring wise from top to bottom but for pure entertainment The Submission Squad vs The Old School Express will be amazing. Tracy Smothers was fantastic last month and he is the main thing I am looking forward to. Also Ryan Nemeth aka Dolph Zigglers brother will be at Absolution apparently starting with the promotion.

edit.

Couple of hype interviews for the iPPV

Gregory Iron

B.J. Whitmer

Duke Schork

Michael Hutter (formerly Derrick Bateman)

AIW Owner John Thorne

Jamie OD

I was Naylor was a member of WrassleGAF. His unbridled enthusiasm for pro wrasslin was genuinely exciting.

I hope he appears on the Dr. Keith Presents show over at F4W again.

Anyway, July 8th is the date being passed around for the new batch of NXT signees to arrive, just in time for the opening of the new training centre. I got Hulu Plus so I've been catching up on NXT. I noticed that out of 3 episodes, two of them are good but one is really boring but there's something for me to enjoy every week. I don't like Leo Kruger's new gimmick. His voice is great for promos but we now have one mentally unhinged heel too many, especially since Bray Wyatt is owning that gimmick hard right now. Xavier Woods on the other hand won me over the moment his phone played a Power Rangers ringtone. He's going to be a 2013 Johnny B. Badd without the Little Richard elements and that's good. The main event scene built around Neville, Ohno, Graves, the Wyatt Family and Bo is pretty decent. But they will really need to find some strong heels once the Family graduates.

Top Bottom