• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Full line-up for the 07/04 Dragon Gate iPPV;

DRAGON GATE, "MUGENDAI ~INFINITY~", 2013.07.04
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

http://www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $20

01. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda & Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin vs. Ricochet, Rich Swann & Shachihoko BOY
02. Jimmy Kagetora vs. Cyber Kong
03. Mondai Ryu & Kzy vs. Dragon Kid & Gamma
04. K-ness vs. HUB
05. Akira Tozawa vs. Shingo Takagi
06. GAORA Dragon Gate Mugendai ~Infinity~ 300th Broadcast Commeoration Special - Open Lottery 10 Man Tag Match: CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito, Jimmy Susumu, Don Fujii, Naruki Doi, YAMATO, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Uhaa Nation
*Teams will be picked at bell time

Probably won't end up being as good as DEAD or ALIVE, but the opener should be fun and the last three matches look pretty awesome. That 10 man tag's going to be ridiculous.

John Cena is 6'1" 250lb, probably 6'3" in his sneakers.

Clearly HBK needed to convince management to give the kid another shot after his disastrous 2012.

Internet has like the reverse problem of WWE

'That guy wasn't a big name in the indies? Fuck him ,he's the worst one!'

Which part of the Internet though. The Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr division(the ones that matter to Vince) love Roman Reigns.

There hasn't been a single bad RAW for at least 2 years according to the Internet polls the WWE puts up after RAW. People always enjoy them from what ive seen. The IWC doesn't exist anymore now that regular people are considered part of it.

strobogo

Banned
I think it's pretty obvious that HBK was talking about Coach.

JonathanCoachmanPicture.jpg

strobogo

Banned
UAHG I'm scared, bros. Yesterday we had a big storm and power went out for an hour. We're having another intense rainstorm and the power surged. Should I unplug this TV and wait it out even though it is plugged into a surge protector?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
2 big tidbits for GWF 2.0's Monday debut

1: It will be commercial-free and our production crew is looking to minimize load screens
2: I will release a "Sunday Night Ice" episode of 2 matches on the Sunday before GWF.

What would you guys like to see in these 2 matches?

What if HBK actually meant Bray Wyatt, but his wonky eye made him see Bo?

You dum dum, HBK still sees straight. His eye just goes a little crazy sometimes.

UAHG I'm scared, bros. Yesterday we had a big storm and power went out for an hour. We're having another intense rainstorm and the power surged. Should I unplug this TV and wait it out even though it is plugged into a surge protector?

Unplug EVERYTHING bruh. That's how my 360 ethernet port got fried last year and basically made the thing unusable. If not for the surge protector I think I would've lost the TV and router as well which both cut off right when the Undertaker struck a pose lightning struck.

TAKE NO CHANCES

strobogo

Banned
It's truly amazing that HBK has learned how to hunt with Perry Saturn eyes. Kane tried to take food from the family of that decent, Christian man. The Devil's Favorite Demon indeed. Big red son of a bitch!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been out of the loop for many years, so here's a question I was thinking of:

What WWE superstars were most known for botching moves and hurting others?

Mark Henry hurt Batista :( Long ago though, not the same Mizark.

Ultratech

It's truly amazing that HBK has learned how to hunt with Perry Saturn eyes. Kane tried to take food from the family of that decent, Christian man. The Devil's Favorite Demon indeed. Big red son of a bitch!

I'm sure he compensates for whatever vision issues he's got.

Then again, I think HBK is getting plenty of food now...

Gawd damn

I think I prefer this over regular Kaitlyn. :D

strobogo

Banned
I don't even know what that means.

It's amazing how even a game a shitty looking as WWE13 looks with HDMI and a big ass TV. Kind of makes me want to replay the Attitude Era.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, read an interview with a former writer that said the creative team has no clue who most indie guys coming into the WWE are. LOL.

Alucard

Banned
I just don't get how you WOULDN'T follow the major independent companies if you were WWE. It just doesn't make a lot of sense from a business perspective.

Btw, read an interview with a former writer that said the creative team has no clue who most indie guys coming into the WWE are. LOL.

Creative team barely knows anything about wrestling since they don't hire people from wrestling backgrounds. Its a bunch of rotating writers that come from tv or other formats

Alucard

Banned
Creative team barely knows anything about wrestling since they don't hire people from wrestling backgrounds. Its a bunch of rotating writers that come from tv or other formats

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_News_3/article_71537.shtml

On Tuesday, WWE posted a new job listing for a "writer" on their corporate website.

There was no specific job title attached to the new posting, as WWE simply noted they are looking for a "writer" to help "develop and produce" what WWE describes as "the last of the great variety shows on television, combining all the elements of entertainment: sitcom, talk show, soap opera, action-adventure, and drama."

WWE trying to be all things to everyone helps capture why there has been unprecedented turn-over in the Creative Room this year, with three Head Writers coming and going in the first-half of 2013.

In an exclusive interview, former WWE writer Chris DeJoseph went deeper into why there is a revolving door in Creative, and why it's even more pronounced this year.

"I think they are completely fooling themselves," DeJoseph told PWTorch editor Wade Keller on the June 21 PWTorch Livecast when asked about writers thinking the transition from Hollywood to WWE would be smooth. "I’ve had people asking me if they should do that. I tell them they’ll move their whole family from California to Stamford, Connecticut and your job could last six days or six years."

DeJoseph continued, "It’s quite the gamble and you’re dealing with some big personalities who aren’t afraid. The writers’s room is a revolving door. They’re bringing the wrong people."

Instead of searching for Hollywood or TV writers, should WWE look for potential writers who are already in the company and ingrained in WWE's way of doing business? DeJoseph says it has potential, but he doesn't think people already within WWE want to be part of Creative.

"It’s funny they haven’t tried to promote from inside. But I don’t know if any those guys want to deal with that [position] anyway," DeJoseph said. "It’s kind of a strange thing. I’ve seen all sorts of talented people come in there and they can’t grasp it, and not everyone necessarily wants to be on 24/7 for Vince McMahon.”

strobogo

Banned
they need to split Raw and Smackdown. there is getting to be too many to keep up with.

God no. That roster is (despite tons of talent) as thin as it has been since the weirdness of 2004/2005. There is no way to split the roster in half right now and without either nerfing both or making one (Raw of course) 100% better than the other. What they actually need to do is make Smackdown equal to Raw and you can have guys who have more of their progress on it than Raw. Kind of like when Smackdown first started. The main storylines carried over, but there was a pretty clear set of Raw and Smackdown guys almost from the start.

In theory that's what they do today, except they don't even pretend Smackdown is on the same level and will often just straight up redo feuds and matches on Raw, even if the blow off match already happened. Twice.

That extra hour of Raw should be devoted completely to building up the mid card and not doing horrendous product placement and movie shilling.

gurudyne

God no. That roster is (despite tons of talent) as thin as it has been since the weirdness of 2004/2005. There is no way to split the roster in half right now and without either nerfing both or making one (Raw of course) 100% better than the other. What they actually need to do is make Smackdown equal to Raw and you can have guys who have more of their progress on it than Raw. Kind of like when Smackdown first started. The main storylines carried over, but there was a pretty clear set of Raw and Smackdown guys almost from the start.

In theory that's what they do today, except they don't even pretend Smackdown is on the same level and will often just straight up redo feuds and matches on Raw, even if the blow off match already happened. Twice.

This is a good idea and would go a LONG way to fixing their underutilization of their midcard guys. People like Cesaro, Barret and Del Rio would do well with a more focused approach to their stories and some leg room to work with.

That extra hour of Raw should be devoted completely to building up the mid card and not doing horrendous product placement and movie shilling.

I don't think I'd mind it a third as much if they didn't waste both time and people on it. For example, I don't consider myself a big Barret fan, but the stupidest thing about his IC title reign was the week or two he spent pretending he was a star because of some cameo in some B-tier movie. Both promos for those shows amounted to a single line after showing a full-length trailer on the Titantron (that showed maybe a frame of him)--and that was all creative had for him that month. Same thing goes for the Miz, Orton and the Bella Twins getting pushes without storylines just to market their off-show shit.

I don't think I'd mind it a third as much if they didn't waste both time and people on it. For example, I don't consider myself a big Barret fan, but the stupidest thing about his IC title reign was the week or two he spent pretending he was a star because of some cameo in some B-tier movie. Both promos for those shows amounted to a single line after showing a full-length trailer on the Titantron (that showed maybe a frame of him)--and that was all creative had for him that month. Same thing goes for the Miz, Orton and the Bella Twins getting pushes without storylines just to market their off-show shit.

Two of the dumbest Raw segments this year involved Barrett and Sheamus quibbling over Dead Man Down (which bombed anyway iirc). Sheamus basically mocked Barrett for two weeks over the fact that Wade's part was so small and the feud basically never continued.

Build to WM was pretty bad like that, it was like Creative couldn't make up their minds over feuds so many just kinda changed abruptly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7q33KhYyu0

So many weird things about this video.

Who the fuck was Zack McGowen? And why is Vince fighting a cancer survivor?

Old school Steph was quite hot.

Was that Finlay as an enforcer towards the end? I'm pretty sure that was before his WWE debut.

What does Bork feel about Vince most likely borking his wife at one point in time?

WHO IS LIMO?!!

edit:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b85c1a97878e0edb3a5b16ca3c95173e/tumblr_mp4k60A6P71r0h6vjo1_1280.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Love this shit.

Top Bottom