• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Kaladin

Probably worth mentioning I went to a Mick Foley comedy show yesterday. I've heard a lot of people say that it's still entertaining for audience members who aren't into wrestling, which is kind of true in that he's a good storyteller, but I'd strongly recommend against bringing friends who aren't into pro graps as he does use a bit of wrestling jargon and all/most of his stories are wrestling focused.

At the end of the set he did some Q+A and brought up Nattie Neidhart and Diana Hart to participate as well. No real highlights from that, my friend asked Nattie what was up with the farting gimmick and whether it was a rib. Her response was basically "I get asked about that all the time and almost never about my time as Divas' champion, so even if people tell me I should be doing something else I was happy to be doing something people found somewhat memorable." Mick added that at least she had the balls to do it, because even if it was bad it would have been worse if she'd half-assed it.

I didn't use the opportunity to ask Mick about Boy Meets World, which I sort of already regret.

A friend of mine is opening for Mick Foley on one of his Florida dates, if I'm in town, I plan on going.
484750_4757205731905_404765078_n.jpg

Oh also - my friend got an autograph and Foley made it out to the wrong name while staring at his girlfriend's boobs. I think my friend is getting it framed.

Aiii

So not worth it
Damien Sandow is so amazing, why he isn't getting pushed to the moon is beyond me.

His stuff with Sheamus has been awesome, it's a shame it's in service of Sheamus instead of Sandow. :(

strobogo

Banned
What the frick? Just use the self-checkout machine. Place whatever you want on hold through the library's website from the comfort of your home, in which you've no doubt sat in your own filth for 3 days and couldn't even muster the energy to wash your balls in the sink at the very least. Once your holds are available, wash your balls over the sink, go to the library and find the reserved shelf, find your crap, turn around toward the self-checkout, and get the F out.

Takes 2-3 minutes tops inside the library with zero human interaction.

A. I was in a pool for like 5 hours yesterday and showered today. My balls are clean. B. Should the guy, the guy, sh sh sh sh, should the guy, libarry, should the guy who, sh sh sh.

gurudyne

Damien Sandow is so amazing, why he isn't getting pushed to the moon is beyond me.

His stuff with Sheamus has been awesome, it's a shame it's in service of Sheamus instead of Sandow. :(

It helps to have a midcard jobber like that. Solid, memorable, good worker and easy to believe as a competitor. If everyone were as forgettable as 3MB for example, beating them wouldn't matter at all.

And push him where? US title's busy at the moment and dear God, keep anyone with talent away from the IC title lest they be dragged to Hell. Slow build to WHC might work.

Also there last night, it really was great. It's worth checking out just for the brutal Eita vs. TT chop battle and a very good 6-way Fray! match.

There really wasn't a bad match on the card though, just felt like those two matches were my favorites from last night.

I'd add Gargano v Jackson to the top. Best fray in a while.

GolazoDan

Anyone seen the Steen ROH shoot? Really interesting. I remember arguments on the Observer board where people would white knight for Cornette against the people who called him massively out of touch. Hmm.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bateman about his release:
On his release earlier this month from WWE and if they didn’t have creative plans for him: "Yeah, it was something like that. I don’t really have a reason per say. But then again it’s not anything that I was surprised about. I think it was the best thing for me. I was in a bad place mentally, physically. I need a break and they need a break from me so we’ll see what happens."

I just want to talk about library stuff now, F wrestling. I'm going to pose library questions to Mr. Sandman.

Do you have a homeless problem in your library? Like do they come in and just sleep on all the good reading chairs? How do you deal with that?

Kaladin

I just want to talk about library stuff now, F wrestling. I'm going to pose library questions to Mr. Sandman.

Do you have a homeless problem in your library? Like do they come in and just sleep on all the good reading chairs? How do you deal with that?

We're an academic library so we mostly have student users, but we are located in the middle of the city so we do get visits from the public every now and then. We have homeless who come in, but we don't have the problem we used to. Years ago our computers didn't have security on them and anyone could sit down and use them (and print on them). Now we've got student log in accounts that prevent the general public from having a free ride on that. We've only got one or two regular homeless individuals who come in now and they aren't much of a problem. That might all change soon because the campus is finally pushing to put ID card locks on the doors where you have to have a student ID to get in, so we might no longer be open to the public by the end of the year.

mouserat

Neo Member
It helps to have a midcard jobber like that. Solid, memorable, good worker and easy to believe as a competitor. If everyone were as forgettable as 3MB for example, beating them wouldn't matter at all.

And push him where? US title's busy at the moment and dear God, keep anyone with talent away from the IC title lest they be dragged to Hell. Slow build to WHC might work.
I get the feeling Sandow is probably on Triple H's nice list with the commentary team refer to his being trained by Killer Kowalski with alarming regularity, seems like it's being fed to them. Guess these non-starter feuds, on/off tag team gimmick and being fed to the golden boys Seamus and Orton every week is him 'paying his dues'.

strobogo

Banned
I'm playing Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (it still holds up outside of graphics). How was The Incredible Hulk game? Isn't it just basically a reskinned UD with the movie story line? I might have to put that on my GameQ next if that's the case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also hope for the best for Mechashiva, hope he'll be ok as well.

I'm playing Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (it still holds up outside of graphics). How was The Incredible Hulk game? Isn't it just basically a reskinned UD with the movie story line? I might have to put that on my GameQ next if that's the case.
No. The Incredible Hulk game is kinda bad.

You might want to try Prototype. Same developers as Ultimate Destruction.

We're an academic library so we mostly have student users, but we are located in the middle of the city so we do get visits from the public every now and then. We have homeless who come in, but we don't have the problem we used to. Years ago our computers didn't have security on them and anyone could sit down and use them (and print on them). Now we've got student log in accounts that prevent the general public from having a free ride on that. We've only got one or two regular homeless individuals who come in now and they aren't much of a problem. That might all change soon because the campus is finally pushing to put ID card locks on the doors where you have to have a student ID to get in, so we might no longer be open to the public by the end of the year.
Ah, I see.
Also hope for the best for Mechashiva, hope he'll be ok as well.

Darn it, Sunflower, kick that tornado's arse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I keep thinking about getting that Van Helsing game on Steam, but I need to save money for Animal Crossing XL...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I keep thinking about getting Remember Me next week, but I need money for The Last Of Us.....plus I think it will be $30 soon.

I can get Remember Me on GMG for 35 with some credit and a discount, but I'm real skeptical about it. I really want Animal Crossing, but it's you know, the same thing everyone hates, the part where you have to buy the system itself.

mouserat

Neo Member
What is up with Chris Jerichos pecs? Did his chop duels with Benoit concave his torso? Kofi has it too but he's always had it, WCW Luchador bending Jericho had a regular chest.

What is up with Chris Jerichos pecs? Did his chop duels with Benoit concave his torso? Kofi has it too but he's always had it, WCW Luchador bending Jericho had a regular chest.

Jericho has stopped doing heavy weightlifting and just does DDP "yoga" now (read:no more 'roids)

Because of it he now has sharpei pecs but it's easily worth the tradeoff if the guy's healthier on a day to day basis.

Dave Meltzer spoke to the prosecuting attourney who said she is aiming to put Zumhofe away for the rest of his life.

There is some really bad stuff mentioned in the Observer article on it, is probably best not to post it here. Meltzer has also said he left out some of the worst stuff.

Ugh, I've had the Observer loaded up in a tab for the last day but I just can't bring myself to even start that section. I have a decent idea what's coming up, as I listened to the podcast, but it's so ridiculously depressing to read that kind of shit.

lilty

Is there anywhere online where I would be able to watch the Attitude Era in its entirety? Been feeling nostalgic lately.

strobogo

Banned
Not online as in streaming, but if you have an account at XWT or PWT it is pretty easy. I used up my invite on shahkur, but maybe someone else in here has one.

Top Bottom