• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

Kofi is king of the midcard, they should make it his actual gimmick where he fully acknowledges his personal glass ceiling and instead establishes dominion over the midcard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Surely you can see the difference in value to the company of Kofi compared to Riley?

You're right.
At least Riley's in the background and could(WONT) get better.
Kofi ruins others spotlights, gets titles because he's CM Punk's friend and continues to do the same moves for nearly 10 years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god, just read what the japanese press has called Titan's awesome handspring backflip headscissors cradle: Titanics

Best name ever

I like Titan a lot, ever since you turned me on to his work I've been a big fan. Titanics. so good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've been reading Green Lantern (and some other lantern ish too, I like Red) and it never fails, I prefer space/cosmic stories far beyond anything earth-based by any publisher.

but I also really loved Animal Man and Swamp Thing.

iAQT7kDVbbGb3.jpg

Super Juniors: Prelude | Day 2 | Day 4 | Day 5

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX - DAY 6", 2013.06.02
Akashi Municipal Industrial Exchange Center
1,560 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2oe44

01. Best of the Super Jr's - Block A: Barreta vs Hiromu Takahashi
02. Best of the Super Jr's - Block B: BUSHI vs Brian Kendrick
03. Best of the Super Jr's - Block B: Alex Koslov vs Jado
04. Best of the Super Jr's - Block B: TAKA Michinoku vs Kenny Omega
05. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan vs BULLET CLUB (Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga)
06. Best of the Super Jr's - Block A: Ricochet vs Titan
07. Best of the Super Jr's - Block A: Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs Alex Shelley
08. Best of the Super Jr's - Block A: Prince Devitt vs Taichi
09. Best of the Super Jr's - Block B: KUSHIDA vs Ryusuke Taguchi
10. Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tomoaki Honma vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & Gedo)

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX - DAY 9", 2013.06.06
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,620 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2oe7x

01. Best of the Super Jr's - Block B: TAKA Michinoku vs Jado
02. Best of the Super Jr's - Block A: Taichi vs Barreta
03. Best of the Super Jr's - Block B: Alex Koslov vs Brian Kendrick
04. Best of the Super Jr's - Block A: Rocky Romero vs Titan
05. Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tomoaki Honma vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI)
06. Best of the Super Jr's - Block B: Tiger Mask vs Ryusuke Taguchi
07. Best of the Super Jr's - Block A: Prince Devitt vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
08. Best of the Super Jr's - Block B: KUSHIDA vs Kenny Omega
09. Best of the Super Jr's - Block A: Ricochet vs Alex Shelley

jred2k

I've been reading Green Lantern (and some other lantern ish too, I like Red) and it never fails, I prefer space/cosmic stories far beyond anything earth-based by any publisher.

but I also really loved Animal Man and Swamp Thing.

Yeah, I bet you did.

Aiii

So not worth it
Guys, Kojima is recasting Snake with Kiefer Sutherland of all people. I am very upset, like Sheamus beating Bryan in 18 seconds kind of upset.

Kojima is the worst.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait to see Kojima express himself about race, this will be insane

jmdajr

Are we still getting a cinematic new MG?

I haven't kept up too much but I don't know how I feel about open worlds and stuff.

I need my 45 minute cut scenes. FOR REAL.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh no. David Hayter had been replaced by a good actor. How terrible.

Kiefer is overrated, but that is beside the point. You don't recast a role after 15 years of the same guy doing it. It's like if Lucas replaced James Earl Jones between Empire and Jedi, you can't do this.

Aiii said:
Kojima is the worst.

BAKAYARO! You take that back!

it8CS9WLCukPV.gif

I wonder if Omega would go back to WWE now that it's not a 'WWE wrestler factory' developmental.

Probably not, as he wouldn't be as free to do what he wanted to do and he's carved a good career for himself in Japan, plus, he obviously sees his long term future there as he's learnt Japanese. When he left PWG a while back, he cut a promo about how he wouldn't be wrestling today if it wasn't for PWG & DDT, because to him wrestling should be fun.

XenoRaven

Kiefer is overrated, but that is beside the point. You don't recast a role after 15 years of the same guy doing it. It's like if Lucas replaced James Earl Jones between Empire and Jedi, you can't do this.
This is all I have to say about the subject. Put fanboyism aside and look at the facts. Voice acting in games has only gotten better since 1998. It's not a stretch to say that Hayter wasn't cutting it anymore. Also, BB was already recast in MGS4. People sound different as they get older. On top of that, it makes no sense that Big Boss and Snake sound EXACTLY the same, especially considering Liquid and Solidus sound completely different.

It's 2013. People in charge of casting decided it was time for a change. Give it a shot before acting like it's some horrible travesty. Sutherland might actually bring some new life to the character if you give it a god damned chance.

Kaladin

There's no reason Solid Snake can't be the James Bond of video games and have the actor who plays the part change every few games.

Hmm, Ring of Honor are running ROH vs SCUM in a Steel Cage Warfare match...the day after the Best in the World iPPV at the TV taping :|

That would've been a good attraction for a weak-looking iPPV.

Kaladin

Hmm, Ring of Honor are running ROH vs SCUM in a Steel Cage Warfare match...the day after the Best in the World iPPV at the TV taping :|

That would've been a good attraction for a weak-looking iPPV.

I don't know if it will do anything for their tv honestly.

Kaladin

I'll tune in to watch that episode, like I did for the Ishimori vs Strong match, but the trouble is I won't keep watching beyond that - there's just something off about the TV shows presentation, I find it hard to care.

It's the roster for me. They just don't have the star quality that ROH used to have. Of course, ROH kind of lost their hold on having the best in the indies and being where people want to go a while ago.

strobogo

Banned
This is all I have to say about the subject. Put fanboyism aside and look at the facts. Voice acting in games has only gotten better since 1998. It's not a stretch to say that Hayter wasn't cutting it anymore. Also, BB was already recast in MGS4. People sound different as they get older. On top of that, it makes no sense that Big Boss and Snake sound EXACTLY the same, especially considering Liquid and Solidus sound completely different.

It's 2013. People in charge of casting decided it was time for a change. Give it a shot before acting like it's some horrible travesty. Sutherland might actually bring some new life to the character if you give it a god damned chance.

It makes sense to me that Big Boss in 4 would have a different voice, since he's actually pretty much a clone himself now and back from the dead with different parts and stuff. But for 5, this is just a few years after PW, so his voice really shouldn't be notably different. Voices get deeper and more gravelly as you age, especially someone who smokes a lot like Snake.

I mean, it isn't going to stop me from playing and being totally hyped, but I will miss Hayter's grunts and grumbles. And yelling MERYL made me laugh every single time in MGS1.

It's the roster for me. They just don't have the star quality that ROH used to have. Of course, ROH kind of lost their hold on having the best in the indies and being where people want to go a while ago.

There's still obviously some attraction there, or otherwise Gabe would currently be booking guys like Adam Cole, ACH & Michael Elgin. But, you're right, they are hurting for talent and that's definitely because of some of the best guys on the indies signing for WWNLive. It's ROH's TV exposure vs the chance to work for Dragon Gate in Japan.

I think it'll be interesting to see who the next break-out guy is...probably Andrew Everett/Chiva Kid, if Gabe keeps booking him.

Pavaloo

We live in a generation where a lot of games fail due to spite. Or just fail to launch before they even come out. YAYGAMERS

Wrestling talk: Raw was good this week. I'm actually feeling really good about the roster, but I've said that too long now. Just waiting for the MacMahon family to keep Trips out of the game so new stars can shine. He's not physically fit for competition for pete's sake!

Well it was fun while it lasted you guys......

WWE officials are planning for Daniel Bryan to challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship in the main event of this year's Money in the Bank pay-per-view. The match will be a babyface vs. babyface match. Current plans call for it to be a babyface vs. babyface match.

WWE Money in the Bank 2013 takes place on July 14th from Philadelphia, PA.

I mean if Bryan is winning at MiTB (Huge if), we might as well see July as the smark PPV month with Ziggler and Punk winning those times. Still think it's a bad idea though.

DMczaf

Build Bryan up for weeks, just to have him tap out to Cena's mounting chin massage submission thingy that I don't know what it is.

Do it, WWE. Cena will be a LEGEND, damn it! LOVE HIM! AND BO!

BO AND CENA! ONCE IN A LIFETIME!

There's no way that even WWE would be stupid enough to have Bryan tap to Cena. Just no way.

He might pin Bryan clean, but it would be such character assassination to have him tap to that shitty, weak-ass excuse for an STF.

Top Bottom