• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Welcome to the Family, Disregard my Brother

reminding fellow wrassle gaffers:

Titan-25.jpg

there's a good 90% chance Lashley gonna win.

So who here is getting a Xbox One?

Not a damn chance.

I was never getting one at launch anyways because I had such a bad experience with the 360 - so this time around I'm voting with my wallet. The horrible, anti-consumer bullshit surrounding the Xbox One just makes it all the more easier for me to side against Microsoft.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Depends on the price and if there's games I want to play on it. Same goes for Sony's piece of shit as well. If neither one are the right price with the right games, I'm not bothering. The DRM shit doesn't bug me because what I use it for doesn't have a conflict with that. I don't like it but a good game is like crack, and I'll put up with some bullshit for a game I can't get anywhere else, real talk.

Kaladin

I'd be more inclined to buy a PS4 because my PS3 is my default media box. It's where I watch most of my Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Instant Video at.

Now is the perfect time to grab hold of titles you missed out on this gen. For both consoles. Or even PC.

(so scared of being an advocate for ANYTHING now)

#TeamMask

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be more inclined to buy a PS4 because my PS3 is my default media box. It's where I watch most of my Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Instant Video at.

I'm never far from a tablet or computer screen and they're so much quicker, but everyone has what they're comfortable with and usually use. I'm glad all systems let you do this shit, but it's not a requirement.

Another thing, paying for online. Have Microsoft confirmed whether or not that particular nugget of bullshit will be returning?

It ain't goin away, but party chat is worth it to me. Depends on what makes it worth it for you. Seeing feedback received and knowing shitbags I encounter online are being dealt with directly due to your feedback is a pretty awesome thing.

strobogo

Banned
BBW is fine. SBBW is not.

The libarry didn't have Gilmore Girls season 3 in, so I got Apocalypse Now and Predator on bluray. Then I remembered I don't have a bluray player, but I ordered a cheap USB one that will be here before I have to take them back. So I think I won this round. The libarry doesn't have a ton of blurays, but the ones they do have are all stuff I want to see. I could have just got the all the Alien movies on bluray and probably had all the extra features. I'm okay with it.

The 3 disc AN set that has AN, AN Redux, and Heart of Darkness, plus interviews with FFC and Ebert/Sheen/John Milus. Super pumped to revisit that stuff. I've never seen Heart of Darkness and I'm can't wait to watch all of them with commentaries. Predator similarly has a ton of bonus. I really thought one of my drives played blurays for some reason, yet never tried it.

Kaladin

I'm never far from a tablet or computer screen and they're so much quicker, but everyone has what they're comfortable with and usually use. I'm glad all systems let you do this shit, but it's not a requirement.

I'll stream on my PC and iPad too, but PS3 is my outlet of choice usually because it does 1080p when PC streaming is often 720p.

It ain't goin away, but party chat is worth it to me. Depends on what makes it worth it for you. Seeing feedback received and knowing shitbags I encounter online are being dealt with directly due to your feedback is a pretty awesome thing.

That actually worked?

I got bad feedback whenever I beat someone on computer games. I remember giving one guy bad feedback, and his 'stars' went from 2 to 5!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The most recent re-release of Predator on Blu-Ray is dope as fuck, I love it. Great film, great quality despite the action-figureyness of the remastering on some faces and skin tones. Personally I think that kind of enhances how over the top it is.

jmdajr

Speaking of shows, man... I feel almost obliged to get Games of Thrones now, but it's like 50 bucks a pop :(

I just feel like I'm the only dude not watching.

At least I'm caught up with Breaking Bad. That was one heck of a marathon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That actually worked?

I got bad feedback whenever I beat someone on computer games. I remember giving one guy bad feedback, and his 'stars' went from 2 to 5!

They've implemented a response that you get when say, you hear someone going off about like, hating black folks, etc - and you report them for being a prickdouche, that if they end up banning them, you get a message that thanks you for submitting the report and that steps have actually been taken. It...well...feelsgoodman

Man I feel almost obliged to get games of Thrones now, but it's like 50 bucks a pop :(

I just feel like I'm the only dude not watching.

At least I'm caught up with Breaking Bad. That was one heck of a marathon.

Go to the buy/sell/trade thread, people there sell either the blu-rays for cheaper or the digital code inside of them for cheap so you can get yo legal fix

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all for digital remasters, but some films just suit the natural film grain. It's why modern horrors are so dull and 'safe', they simply look too clean visually.

Also, I'm looking forward to playing Yakuza 3, 4 & Dead Souls soon.

All quality, IF YOU LIKE SHENMUE. If you don't like Shenmue, don't touch the precious. Yakuza seriously is the natural evolution of what Shenmue is, to me. So good. And of course For Faith from Y4 is just <3

strobogo

Banned
As far as Arnold movies go, I don't even think Predator is over the top. You go 5-6 years in either direction and it is probably the most grounded and realistic Arnold movie during that time period. Even with a giant alien with a vagina face and green blood.

DILLON_predator.gif

Predator is truly one of my favorite movies of all of the times. It's a shame that Predator 2 and both AvPs are horrendous. I'm not even sure the drop off from Alien to Alien Resurrection was as steep as Predator to Predator 2. Definitely not as big as Predator to either AvP.

I just don't understand why they can't make online gaming free and separate from their Gold service. The idea of paying to play any game online that isn't subscription based is obnoxious to me. The fact that you can purchase a brand new, full retail price game and be completely unable to access the multiplayer portion without first giving money to a 3rd party is just wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wasn't going to get a Wii U but I gotta get Bayonetta 2 and Sonic Lost World actually looks awesome.

Also Stallone > Arnold BUT I love both a lot.
Both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Rock.

I've been playing the Yakuza series since the first one. I remember renting it at Hollywood Video, it was like one of those 'eh I'll check this out. I like GTA' moments. over 200 hours of playtime with the whole series later...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As far as Arnold movies go, I don't even think Predator is over the top. You go 5-6 years in either direction and it is probably the most grounded and realistic Arnold movie during that time period. Even with a giant alien with a vagina face and green blood.

Carl Weathers was criminally underused but the movie itself is a masterpiece

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't understand why they can't make online gaming free and separate from their Gold service. The idea of paying to play any game online that isn't subscription based is obnoxious to me. The fact that you can purchase a brand new, full retail price game and be completely unable to access the multiplayer portion without first giving money to a 3rd party is just wrong.

Because people will pay for it, I'm part of the problem!

I wasn't going to get a Wii U but I gotta get Bayonetta 2 and Sonic Lost World actually looks awesome.

Also Stallone > Arnold BUT I love both a lot.
Both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Rock.

I've been playing the Yakuza series since the first one. I remember renting it at Hollywood Video, it was like one of those 'eh I'll check this out. I like GTA' moments. over 200 hours of playtime with the whole series later...

Agreed with Stallone > Arnold (BARELY)

Can't do the same with your Wii U talk...yet.

I really enjoyed Shenmue, so I'm looking forward to these.

You'll be in heaven then. Nothing like trying to eat every dish from every restaurant...

Hayter sucks ass as an actor, but ultimately, all the Hollywood acting in the world isn't going to make any of Kojima's wacky-ass writing make any damn sense, friends.

The only thing that helps Kojima's writing is for the gamer to load up on a couple grams of psilocybin mushrooms before playing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hayter sucks ass as an actor, but ultimately, all the Hollywood acting in the world isn't going to make any of Kojima's wacky-ass writing make any damn sense, friends.

I can't wait to see Kojima tackle race since he's always done
sarcasm
very well representing people.

Because people will pay for it, I'm part of the problem!

Yeah, and now we're stuck with it. Great.

Here's hoping Sony continue to see sense, they've already proved people will be willing to subscribe to a premium service without having multiplayer locked away behind a pay-wall.

It's funny, with the OXBox I was so hoping Microsoft could fill the void left by SEGA leaving the console market, but everything they've done since the 360 onwards has left me disappointed in that regards.

I miss the Dreamcast :(

Omega

Banned

I prefer to own my stuff for many reasons.

I still LAN SOCOM 2 with friends from time to time. With X1, every game is going to be unplayable when X2 launches. If I want to, I can go play PS1 games right now.

Plus Microsoft can say they have 15 exclusives and half of them are first party, but 360 was the same. A bunch of exclusives the first 2 years, and then GearsHaloFableForza for the next 5. In the 12 years Microsoft has been in the console business, they have yet to prove they're consoles are worth owning. Party chat isn't worth $60 a year for. There's Skype/Mumble and all this other stuff for free

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, and now we're stuck with it. Great.

Here's hoping Sony continue to see sense, they've already proved people will be willing to subscribe to a premium service without having multiplayer locked away behind a pay-wall.

It's funny, with the OXBox I was so hoping Microsoft could fill the void left by SEGA leaving the console market, but everything they've done since the 360 onwards has left me disappointed in that regards.

I miss the Dreamcast :(

Sega's been doing their part with HD ports, even a lot of Saturn work. I haven't been disappointed and Sega is actually doing really well from a fan perspective in giving us what we want. But, yknow...Shenmue 3 is but a dream...

We DID get VF5: Final Showdown which if you had told me 3 years ago would actually come out, I'd never believe it.

Mengetsu

I prefer to own my stuff for many reasons.

I still LAN SOCOM 2 with friends from time to time. With X1, every game is going to be unplayable when X2 launches. If I want to, I can go play PS1 games right now.

Plus Microsoft can say they have 15 exclusives and half of them are first party, but 360 was the same. A bunch of exclusives the first 2 years, and then GearsHaloFableForza for the next 5. In the 12 years Microsoft has been in the console business, they have yet to prove they're consoles are worth owning. Party chat isn't worth $60 a year for. There's Skype/Mumble and all this other stuff for free

You need to have 8 PS2's to play 4v4 lan right? If not I would get for split screen with friends. Best mutiplayer game I ever played.

tm24

Now is the perfect time to grab hold of titles you missed out on this gen. For both consoles. Or even PC.

(so scared of being an advocate for ANYTHING now)

#TeamMask
Theres only one right answer

#team3ds #teammask

The only thing that helps Kojima's writing is for the gamer to load up on a couple grams of psilocybin mushrooms before playing.
Iono, kojima has already said that using keifer has allowed him to shorten kaz are you ok? to just Kaz?

jred2k

Microsoft is kind of acting like they don't realize who early adopters are. I'll probably end up getting a XBOne at some point down the line, but I think the first couple of years of the console are going see some policy shifts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Microsoft is kind of acting like they don't realize who early adopters are. I'll probably end up getting a XBOne at some point down the line, but I think the first couple of years of the console are going see some policy shifts.

Yep, it's why I think PS4's strategy is REALLY smart. 'Appeal to the hardcore then branch from there'

Because the hardcore will pay these insane fees. Mom and dad have to see this stuff in person by friends and family before they wanna go out and spend money.

Sega's been doing their part with HD ports, even a lot of Saturn work. I haven't been disappointed and Sega is actually doing really well from a fan perspective in giving us what we want. But, yknow...Shenmue 3 is but a dream...

It's just not the same since they closed/merged the traditional SEGA studios. Yeah, we got VF, SEGA purchased Total War and Yazuka's been pretty great (even if they didn't translate Kenzan, assholes!), but nothing they've done this gen has matched their output last gen, imo - Smilebit in partciular fucking KILLED it on the OXBox with Panzer Dragoon Orta & Jet Set.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF 2.0's tournament bracket for the Laserfrog Retirement Mega Monster Jr. Sr. Cup has been leaked:

gw2DTEk.png

It's just not the same since they closed/merged the traditional SEGA studios. Yeah, we got VF, SEGA purchased Total War and Yazuka's been pretty great (even if they didn't translate Kenzan, assholes!), but nothing they've done this gen has matched their output last gen, imo - Smilebit in partciular fucking KILLED it on the OXBox with Panzer Dragoon Orta & Jet Set.

I agree. I'm a glass is half-full guy though. I miss Orta so much. DSSJASAHASHFGHJOJFFOPJFOPDJ

I don't know who Dollars to Depths are, but they're going out in the first round, strong style.

Sunflower said:
I miss Orta so much.

Serious. Talking about it has made me want to dig my OXBox out of the attic and play through all of Orta again.

jmdajr

Yeah know evnever been too much into SEGA games, just like I wasn't into NINETNDO games. That's not to say I didn't enjoy Sonic or Metroid. Sure I did.

But I loved my Dreamcast mostly because of Namco's Soul Caliber and all of Capcom's fighters.

Top Bottom